Want to show abandoned "Drone" in overlay...

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Sonic Reducer

Portrait

Post 2017.09.30 03:24

Want to show abandoned "Drone" in overlay...

I Want to show abandoned "Drone" in overlay...

This must be a very newb question... but I can't seem to figure it out:

Scenario: I'm in a system and see Hobgoblins on DScan... I try to set an overlay tab to see "Combat Drones", but... no love.

Short of going into too much detail, and of course me re-reading the "Overlay" page... does anyone have a qwik fix?

Thanks, Sonic:
o7
<<

Adree Jericho

Portrait

Post 2017.09.30 13:38

Re: Want to show abandoned "Drone" in overlay...

If they are your drones, and you know you are on grid with them, you can simply R-click your capacitor and Reconnect to Lost Drones.

If they are NOT your drones, and you want to give them a good home, you can use the 4.01 - fm +drones Overview preset that you got with the E-Uni overview package. This is part of the "fleetmates" presets, and will show drones whether they belong to neturals, hostiles, or corp-mates.
<<

Sonic Reducer

Portrait

Post 2017.09.30 13:53

Thanks Adree !!!
<<

Rodger Kint

Portrait

Post 2017.10.03 02:24

If you're not on grid with them, you will need to scan them down with combat probes. Since you mention seeing them on DSCAN and wanting to find them, I'm pretty sure your overview is not the issue. If you see them on DSCAN, you would see them in your overview if they were on grid with you as most people use the "active overview" setting on the DSCANer which makes the DSCANer use the same overview mask as your overview.

So.... There's a ton on scanning on the uni wiki but TD~LR - get a scanning frigate, load it with +CPU mods in the lows and fit an expanded probe launcher in the high slot, buy some combat probes, then use the probe scanner to probe down the drones, when they go green in the probe scanner window, warp to them and scoop them to cargo!

I used to collect lots of drones as I scanned down wormhole chains. Once I was warping across a low sec system and saw a pair of geckos on DSCAN. I was like, oh, someone is ratting out there, but then I realized I was alone in local, they were poor abandoned geckos! I scanned them down and took them home. It was a good night.
KEEP CALM & DEFFO BLAP YO
The boy who cried Moros * Content Creator * Graduate * Awoxer - The Equalizer
<<

Sonic Reducer

Portrait

Post 2017.10.04 15:32

Hey!

Thanks Rodger... that's very informative!

Sonic

Return to Player vs Environment