Standings to Level 5

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2017.08.28 17:48

Standings to Level 5

I have been working a plan to get my faction standings up to 5.0 for L4 mission running in Amarr. I started with a character that had 0 standing with any of the factions. In the process of achieving my goal I also got Caldari standings to +5, Sisters of Eve to +5 and Mordu's Legion to +5.

Steps I took to do this:

1. I went to one Career agent system for Amarr and ran all the missions
2. I went to one career agent system for Gallente and ran all the missions
3. I went to Caldari space and ran all 3 career agent systems
4. I went to Minmatar space and ran all 3 career agent systems
5. I returned to Gallente space and finished off the last 2 career agent systems
6. I returned to Amarr space and finished off the 2 career agent systems

At this point I was 540 missions in and I have some screen shots of my standings to share here when I get to my other computer.

7. I then went to complete the Circle agents in Amarr space but I got no standing bonus

8. I did the circle agents in Caldari space and I got the standings bonus.

http://web.archive.org/web/20160225230119/https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Circle_agents

I've had to use the web archives for much of this information.

9. Now I was in Caldari space so I did the Caldari Graduation certificates and the Mission chain that comes from turning in a Caldari Certificate.

10. I then did the L1 Dog tag turn ins for Caldari Data centers

11. I flew to Amarr Space again and did the Amarr Graduation certificates and the mission chain that came from those

12. I did all the L1 Tag turns for Amarr at the data centers except the turn in for the Sansha Bronze tags, I didn't have any and these were way too expensive on the market.

13. I then started the Amarr COSMOS missions as detailed here: https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/evelopedia/index.php/Amarr_Cosmos_(Guide)

In this case I only did the missions for the following Agents: Nossa Farad, Odan Poun, Ader Finn, Baron Bartezo Maphante, Manel Kador, Hetras Dakumon (the last 2 require friends please bring friends)

At this point I had achieved the +5 standing with Amarr. I have the items I need to continue and I might in the future if I manage to drop my standing however because COSMOS can only be run once I've decided to save that for another day. I've stopped in such a way that I don't have a mission offering that could expire. I also have positive standing with all 4 factions, however my Minmatar standing is below 2 and will be the target of a sisters of eve run.

So why didn't I do the sisters of eve as part of getting my standings boosted? simple I wanted to save it to repair a faction I might be low on after getting standings up with Amarr.

Honestly, I'm not sure if this was the best or fastest way to get to 5.0 with a faction, however this worked for me.
Image ImageImageImageImage
<<

O'b Haru Sen

Portrait

Post 2017.08.28 20:01

Re: Standings to Level 5

Thanks for posting this. Seems I still have plenty to learn: I thought the circle agents were long gone from the game. They were removed from all living documentation such as our wiki.

You said you got standings from the Caldari but not the Amarr circle agents.
Any idea why that might have happened?
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2017.08.28 20:16

From what I tell for the Amarr circle agents they broke in some time in 2012 based on my reading online. I think it has something to do with that second agent, however I haven't had a chance to attempt it with another character. I would say follow the advice in the link I provided if attempting it, but my result seems to indicate an issue still exists
<<

Devinnis Pollard

Portrait

Assistant Teaching Manager

Post 2017.08.29 05:31

The Backstage Lore wiki has a full mirror of the old EVElopedia wiki, like so http://wiki.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php ... cle_agents. Great way to find some of the older stuff that's no longer that readily available, including the Faction Standing Repair Plan (http://wiki.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php ... epair_Plan) which might be of interest to you. Have you looked into the Epic Arcs? They give a 12.5% standings boost, with Social 5, with no derived standings for completing them and can be repeated every 3 months.

The Amarr circle missions has a bit of problem. From the Circle Agent wiki page:
"Note that this agent can offer 2 missions, 'The Carthum Executive' gives the faction standing boost. If offered 'Robotics For Sarum Family' you can decline then Start Conversation again (beware of 4 hour cooldown between Agent declines). If offered 'Robotics For Sarum Family' again you can complete the mission but then, instead of continuing the circle, return to Ain Ikani in Youl to restart the circle as a quicker way to retry for 'The Carthum Executive' from Ilia Abazen."
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2017.08.29 12:28

For the Record I had Social IV through to the end of the Career Agents after that I was on Social V

The Epic Arcs, from my understanding can only be run after the Standings with that faction are at 5.0, so it is a bit of a catch 22. I do plan on trying the Amarr and Caldari ones now that I have standings over 5.0 with them. I also plan on doing the Sisters of Eve arc to repair my minmatar standings as well.

I was aware of the note on the Amarr Circle missions however after getting the Robotics For Sarum Family 3 times in a row I got the Carthum Executive and finished off the circle with no bonus.
<<

Aren Dar

Portrait

Post 2017.08.29 12:38

Cryptic Sharvas wrote:For the Record I had Social IV through to the end of the Career Agents after that I was on Social V

The Epic Arcs, from my understanding can only be run after the Standings with that faction are at 5.0

No, that's not correct. For the Empire epic arcs, you need to have standings of 5.0 to either the faction or the corporation to which the initial agent belongs to.

Also, in cases where you don't get standings bonuses from doing an arc or the circle agents, you should petition - there is a known bug associated with at least some of them.
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2017.08.29 12:42

Aren Dar wrote:
No, that's not correct. For the Empire epic arcs, you need to have standings of 5.0 to either the faction or the corporation to which the initial agent belongs to.

Also, in cases where you don't get standings bonuses from doing an arc or the circle agents, you should petition - there is a known bug associated with at least some of them.

In regards to the Epic arcs. I did not know that. However it didn't matter since the character I was using for this had done zero missions before starting this process and had no standings with any of the corps/factions. My Character still would not meet the requirements if looking at the corporate standings either.

I should figure out how to enter a petition.
<<

Aren Dar

Portrait

Post 2017.08.29 12:58

Cryptic Sharvas wrote:In regards to the Epic arcs. I did not know that. However it didn't matter since the character I was using for this had done zero missions before starting this process and had no standings with any of the corps/factions. My Character still would not meet the requirements if looking at the corporate standings either.

It matters because it's far quicker and easier to get the corp standing to do the Empire epics.
<<

Devinnis Pollard

Portrait

Post 2017.09.01 14:55

Cryptic Sharvas wrote:In regards to the Epic arcs. I did not know that. However it didn't matter since the character I was using for this had done zero missions before starting this process and had no standings with any of the corps/factions. My Character still would not meet the requirements if looking at the corporate standings either.

I should figure out how to enter a petition.
Just start running level 1 missions then and then progress to level 2 and 3 missions as your standings increase; that's you gain standings with a NPC corp.
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2017.09.01 15:55

Devinnis Pollard wrote:Just start running level 1 missions then and then progress to level 2 and 3 missions as your standings increase; that's you gain standings with a NPC corp.

I'm aware of that. the goal here was to get the faction standings to 5.0 or greater, this way I can run L4s for all the corporations in that faction.

I figured I'd share the method I took to do that.

Return to Player vs Environment