Hello all :)

For general discussion of anything not related to EVE Online.
Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
Drayden Fury

Hello all :)

Post by Drayden Fury »

Hello,

My name is Drayden. I have been in the Uni for a few months now and I am very glad to be back playing EVE. I have two other toons that are not in the Uni and are in my little 3-man corp with my son. I started playing EVE Online back in 2011. Back then, I was in the Uni for about 6 months with one of my other toons. I loved this game but, I was also playing DAoC and AoC along with SWG. I have always loved the complexity of this game and the excitement of exploring this galaxy and all it has to offer. After the Uni I was invited by a friend from work to join his Null-Sec corp. I had a great time out there. After about a year of living out there, I went to work and my friend wasn't there. There was speculation he had just quit the company and moved on. Later that week, we had found out he had committed suicide due to overwhelming depression. I was deeply saddened by the news. We were close friends and Corp mates in-game. We were also both in the USMC. When I logged in, all I could think of was him and that he was gone forever. I logged off and didn't return for over ten years. Well, I am back now and instead of looking back at that time with sadness, I now think of him when I play with happiness and the fun times we had at both work, outside of work and in-game. Yes, I still miss him but, not in a deeply sad way. I now play the game with my son. We are having a great time again, and learning so much new stuff. I am glad to be back and making new friends and new memories. If you read the whole thing and made it this far, I applaud you. See you all in-game and I look forward to a long future here.

Fly Safe,
Ron (Drayden)