Looking for a tool that allows me to search the map using specific criteria

For general discussion of anything not related to EVE Online.
Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
Meyanni Travers

Looking for a tool that allows me to search the map using specific criteria

Post by Meyanni Travers »

Q: Is there a tool that allows me to search the map using specific criteria?
E.g. "Give me all systems that are a maximum of 10 jumps from Jita and have a minimum of 4 asteroid belts?".

I may have just misunderstood the major maps.

These were my first impressions, and I would appreciate very much any of your comments:

In-game map:
Pro: Will not provide incorrect data (I assume).
Con:
- I only see a very limited number of jump connections between systems when the map opens.
- Beyond 2 or 3 jump distance, so many lines overlap that it takes time to figure out what is connected to what (even in the Abstract display).
- I have to go manually through each system's Show Info to find out how many asteroid belts it has.

Dotlan:
Pro: Can show me the number of asteroid belts a system has in a list sorted by constellation.
Con:
- The map that shows connections is organized by regions. So, I have to keep several tabs open even for short travels (5-10 jumps). ***
- I still need to check each system manually on the lists to see if it fits my criteria.

EVE Eye:
Pro:
- I can actually see, when zoomed in, which systems connect to which. Restricted to maybe 5 jumps — when I zoom farther out, the lines between connected systems get too narrow to be visible. At least on my screen, with my eyes.
- I can see the data of each system by clicking once on it. No search needed, no additional browser tabs needed. Restricted to show the data of only one system at a time, though.
- I can display two criteria blocks which I am searching for at the same time (on my screen), like Eye's Celestial data block and the PI data block.
Con:
- I still need to check each system manually by clicking on it to see if it fits my criteria.

My question is:
Is there any map or database that would allow me to generate a list like this? Without writing my own software?

Search criteria — this is just an example; it may not make sense:
ReferenceSystem: Jita
AND MaxJumpsFromSystem < 10
AND NumberOfBelts >= 4
AND SystemSecurity = 5

Results:

Code: Select all

System       JumpsFromSystem     NumberOfBelts

Waira        6                   5
Uotila       7                   4
etc ... (more results showing)

Thank you for reading, thank you even more for providing opinions, ideas, or tips.

*** I cannot believe I said that 5-10 jumps are a short trip. When I started a few weeks ago, I considered having to jump four times for a mission as annoying. (Note to self: Talk with therapist about recent perception shifts.)