NewBro fleets?

For general discussion of anything not related to EVE Online.
Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
Rutjosnabet Longworth
Title: Freshman

NewBro fleets?

Post by Rutjosnabet Longworth »

Apologies if I have missed an announcement or something has happened, but have the number of NewBro fleets been reduced or stopped?

I know there are many fleets being created, but being freshman/Sophomore was hoping a few more beginner friendly fleets would help build my skills up. I have been on a couple but no where near enough to think about tackling the other ones advertised.

Looking forward to your reply,

Rutjosnabet
Rutty Po Po
Miner Extraordinaire
Mike Kingswell
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Re: NewBro fleets?

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Mondays fleets with Hideo Date are always fun and the ships are easy to get into (this coming monday it's destroyers).

One of my personal top fav. is the merlin so Anidiens:
https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 66&t=12010
would be a choice for any newbro I can recommend!

Thuesday 16th you got Raas taking out a bunch of nice newbro ships:
https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=120270

These are some choices that are specially newbro friendly ships that jumped out at me. At the same time: Yes a while ago we had more fleets going. Speaking for myself I know I have been slacking on taking out stuff :/

That beign said: unless it is a really specific doctrine (e.g. stealth bombers) most FCs are happy to provide a newbro friendly alternative to the doctrine. And just about any fleet in the Uni is a learning fleet so if you can fly the ships don't be afraid of joining in!
(And if ISK for the ship is the problem don't shy back from letting me or other fleetmates know and we can find a solution for that aswell :) )
Teaching Manager
Image Image Image Image
Rutjosnabet Longworth
Title: Freshman

Re: NewBro fleets?

Post by Rutjosnabet Longworth »

Thanks for the quick reply Mike, think I need to stop being a Wussy and get out of my comfort zone to progress!
Rutty Po Po
Miner Extraordinaire