Discord - Web not Ok, iOS OK

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

NeoSyrium

Portrait

Post 2020.06.24 05:51

Discord - Web not Ok, iOS OK

Greetings, just recently created my Discord account, linked EvE Uni etc - all looks Ok.

I cannot post using the Mac application, nor using the Chrome client - on both I'm authorised, can choose channels etc, but cannot post anything.

Strangely though, I CAN post on the iOS app...

Thoughts, suggestions...?

Thanks!
<<

Ernesto Guevarti

Portrait

Post 2020.06.24 08:57

Re: Discord - Web not Ok, iOS OK

I'm using the mac app, and it works fine for me (so its not a general issue with that).

First thought is, are you in a channel such as #announce where you (and almost everyone else) just don't have permission to post?

Are you a member of eve uni, and do you have titles, as I think both of those will affect ability to see and post in certain channels.
Daniel Wittaker wrote:You could have a bright career ahead of you in Goonforums. That's some upvote-quality Helldump posting. Well done, sir.
<<

NeoSyrium

Portrait

Post 2020.06.24 23:01

Cheers for that @ernesto guevarti - I m a member, title = freshman, on one of the #NSC channels...

I have also re-registered Discord after reinstalling the Mac app, no difference.

The puzzling thing is that the iOS app works 100%

I have posted under #General on Discord iOS but didn't get a response.

Not sure if there is someone at Eve Uni that I could EveMail @ ask...?

I guess it's just the way it is!
<<

NeoSyrium

Portrait

Post 2020.06.24 23:37

UPDATE

Ok, this is embarrassing, but sharing to help those that may experience the same:

The problem was that I could post using the iOS App but not on the Mac OS app (not the Web App).

Turns out, the flashing exclamation mark (where one would type in the channel), is a bit misleading as it indicates you're not permitted to post. That is true, BUT, clicking on the actual exclamation mark opens a pop-up window to remind you that you are new to the Channel and suggests to post a "Hi".

After clicking on the exclamation mark, the channel is open to post in (assuming it's a channel that is not read-only).

Hope this helps another late-night-Discord-setup pilot !

Return to General Chat & Discussion