Things that keep us from playing EVE!

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

Silentbrick

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2020.01.18 21:10

Things that keep us from playing EVE!

We all have those pesky (And wonderful) things that keep us from playing EVE as much as we want. So what keeps you off EVE at times?

For me it's easy, there's 2 parts. One is I work in remote places with crappy to no internet. And when I'm home, I now have a 5 yr old son and a 6 month old daughter. I consider family to be very important, which is why they get most of my time, though the Uni is also family and why I pop in to see how the monkeys are doing.

Gone are the college days when I could sleep under my desk while manning the gate camp to keep Burn Eden trapped in a dead end, or log in and run fleets for 6-8 hours during wars.
Last edited by Silentbrick on 2020.01.19 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2020.01.18 21:22

Re: Things that keep us from play EVE!

ah hi Silentbrick <3

For me its a 3 year old boy that distracts me from time to time i have him mon/tue/wed and Friday typically, he naturally gets my main focus then my spare time i like to shoot stuffs and interact with people.
SPOILER WARNING!

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
<<

Anidien Dallacort

Portrait

Post 2020.01.18 23:49

A three year old for me too, and the wife. That’s number one.

Work is always busy, so that doesn’t help!

Some other hobbies out there, but the lil guy can only sit on my lap and play “spaceships” for so long before he wants to go touching buttons other than the ones I tell him too - so at that point, it’s time to watch Hotel Transylvania again.
Anidien Dallacort - Teacher, Mentor, Sophomore

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Celine en Chasteaux

Portrait

Orientation Manager
Orientation Manager

Post 2020.01.19 01:10

Also have a little threenager. He's quite interested in the spaceships.

Might show him some mining when he's refusing to go to sleep. That'll send him right off.
Orientation Manager
Solitude Campus Officer
<<

Sikandar Cole

Portrait

Post 2020.01.19 02:42

De wife.

"Where is your husband?"
"He's in his office playing spaceships with his little friends."

She thinks you are all 15 year olds.
Image ImageImage

ImageImage ImageImageImage Image
ImageImageImage Image Image Image

<<

Silentbrick

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2020.01.19 03:07

Yeah, everyone talks about the Terrible Twos but Threenager is far far worse. Heck, our boy was a happy 2 year old. At 3 he turned into Demon Child from another Dimension.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Ky Hanomaa

Portrait

Post 2020.01.19 08:53

Military service for me

Lots of standing around in the cold or shoveling to combat the never-ending snowfall in this alpine town. It‘s hard to keep the boys motivated but we‘ll manage somehow.

Not my favourite way to spend my semester breaks but hey, service days need to be fulfilled.
Former Assistant FCC Manager

Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image
<<

Zhanshi Chen

Portrait

Post 2020.01.28 06:18

Re: Things that keep us from playing EVE!

Oh man...there's so many reasons, but it all practically boils down to inability to play for long stretches of time. That alone means that I can't spend time on fleets or doing fun PvP shenannigans (as they're often at least 1.5-2 hour deals) or efficiently money-make in Incursions (waitlisting takes half an hour at times). Sure, I can do Abyssal Deadspace sites, but they're nowhere near as profitable or as an effective usage of time.

That being said, I've recently been playing less due to some other, more...interesting RL stuff. Details are still in the works, but here's a sneak peek.
"I'm sorry, but I've gotta go. Real life calls."
("And it always seems to call at the most inconvenient of times, but ah well...")
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Post 2020.01.28 16:14

Silentbrick wrote:Yeah, everyone talks about the Terrible Twos but Threenager is far far worse. Heck, our boy was a happy 2 year old. At 3 he turned into Demon Child from another Dimension.
Anyone under the illusion "it gets easier" is in for a treat :)
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2020.01.29 00:17

"No, Wine, Alt is Alt, Command is NOT Alt, can you PLEASE stop doing this?"

Apparently, only 2% of EVE Online activity is Mac-based. I'm going to have to switch to playing EVE on my Bootcamp-ed Windows 10 hard drive.
<<

Locke Gogiko

Portrait

Post 2020.01.29 09:51

Things that keep me from playing EVE:

Being a Father to Teenagers - I need to be a role model (oh the irony), and how can I play hours on end when I tell my two kids they are playing far too much? So I limit the time I spend playing during weekdays.
Friday evening to Sunday evening is the timeslot I have to roam for longer.
(I've tried to bring then into EVE, but they prefer games with instant gratification like CS-GO, Rocket League and similar things)

Return to General Chat & Discussion