Video about Addiction and Recovery

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

Shipwreck Jones

Portrait

Post 2020.01.05 19:03

Video about Addiction and Recovery

A lot of people on the forums were criticizing the Hypernet Relay for being exploitative. I disagreed, but I have no doubt there will be players who have problems with it nonetheless. Thus, I decided to make a video about addiction and recovery (I have 10 years sobriety). Hopefully it will help someone.

https://youtu.be/5aKmqzA5QRQ
<<

Faye Enkelli

Portrait

Post 2020.01.06 06:02

Re: Video about Addiction and Recovery

I don't often tend to talk about it, but I spent many months in rehab... specifically for video game addiction. Yes, I am aware that playing EVE for me, is essentially like any other recovering addict being surrounded constantly by drugs. No the HyperNet is not exploitative in the way many think. I've managed to easily avoid it and will continue to do so because it is dangerous for me to engage in it.

That said, your video highlights many other very important and useful points for anybody in recovery or in need of recovery. I appreciate this video, I appreciate the PSA and I appreciate people in recovery like you, not afraid to get real and help others in or towards recovery.

Thank you - the person behind the pilot.

Return to General Chat & Discussion