Where is everyone (irl)

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

DarkMellie

Portrait

Post 2019.12.29 00:59

Where is everyone (irl)

Hiya,

performed a quick search for a similar thread title but no joy... if it's already in existence please let me know and I'll request an admin lock this thread.

Just interested to know where in the world we all are... what is the spread of EVE-U?

I'm in Tasmania, the island state off the south-east of Australia. Normally it's quite cold here, we are the staging point for trips to the Antarctic... but currently with Australia on fire, we're going to hit 40 degrees celsius on Monday which is apocalyptic for us (me moreso, my wife quite enjoys the heat). We've also recently had dust storms up north which has all blown over from South Australia which is in severe drought (and on fire, poor buggers).

Other than that, it's a lovely place to live, and a hell of a lot bigger than some expect (people have been known to travel by boat to Devonport then expect to bike around the state in a day).

Read about us here.

Anywho, sound off!
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2019.12.29 02:04

Re: Where is everyone (irl)

I can't find it for the life of me but someone made a really cool world map thing that showed a full representation of where the player base was from

but i am from Ireland <3

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Events Manager Senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
<<

Zhanshi Chen

Portrait

Post 2019.12.29 02:23

The globe Turlough is mentioning (I think...) is this one here. It's "updated at a whim," but should give a rough general idea of where people are (in general)

Personally for me, I hail from California, in the good 'ol US of A. I am also still at the point in life where I have to worry about finals and such...

Also, feel free to drop by in the UNI mumble, for those who haven't. Quite a bit of IRL talk happens there, everything from Canadian geese to vocoders to Chinese culture (yes really). I feel that it can give quite a bit of background on people as well.
"I'm sorry, but I've gotta go. Real life calls."
("And it always seems to call at the most inconvenient of times, but ah well...")
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2019.12.29 03:10

o thats the one, time to bookmark b4 i forget ty

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Events Manager Senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
<<

DarkMellie

Portrait

Post 2019.12.29 04:17

Thank you both for sharing.. that map is amazing.

Hopefully a pin on Hobart makes it through to the next whenever update :)

With that said, would still be lovely to hear from you all and to tell us a bit about where you live!
<<

Locke Gogiko

Portrait

Post 2019.12.29 21:01

Hi,

I roam around Solitude but IRL hailing from Portugal.

o7
<<

Falling Snow KumaMoto

Portrait

Assistant Production Manager
Assistant Production Manager

Post 2019.12.30 02:21

I currently live in New York City, the city so nice they named it twice, but I have lived other places. Tasmania, Ireland, California, everyone lives in such delightful places. I've never been to Portugal, but my wife keeps asking me if we can move there. I can't tell if she likes the countryside, the food, the local boys... but I'm not threatened, because how many of those guys understand T3 production?? :)
ImageImage Image ImageImage
<<

Rhyno Dascythe

Portrait

Post 2019.12.30 09:14

Another Australian here living on the South Eastern coast of Queensland which is a bit more warmer than Tasmania.

We have the most beautiful beaches here but it is true what they say about the wildlife that we sometimes come across.

You can go for a swim and get stung by the worlds most venomous animal, the box Jellyfish. Going for a walk sounds like fun, just make sure you watch where you step so you don't get bitten by a Taipan snake. Need a bathroom break? Make sure you check under the toilet seat in case a Redback spider has moved in and made its home underneath it and decides ya fleshy bum looks tasty.

People deadset have to visit the hospital after a little stinging bite from a spider thats 1/3 the size of your finger.

If you do decide to visit the land of Oz just beware of the drop bear. Bloody things are vicious creatures. My first encounter with one was at the age of 14 and almost left me without an eye. Doctor said if my head had of been tilted 5 degrees to the left...who knows, would have been a lot worse. Got a cool scar across my face from it though.

Heres where i live:
https://blog.queensland.com/2018/03/09/ ... -paradise/

Avagoodone!
<<

Nienke Solette

Portrait

Post 2019.12.30 20:49

Currently I'm living in a city in The Netherlands close to the German border. No, Amsterdam is not close to the German border (for fellow Dutchies at least. I know that a 1.5h drive to any border for many others is pretty close).

I have also lived in North-Sweden for four months. It was pretty cold in December (-20 C maximal for a couple of days) and a few (~4) hours of sunlight. But I loved it and still have daily fika. ^^
<<

Laura Karpinski

Portrait

Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post 2019.12.30 21:35

I live in the south of England, just over an hour out of London. It's really scenic and beautiful but currently bloody cold.
CEO of EVE University
<<

Waruiru

Portrait

Post 2019.12.30 23:06

That globe is great! And who is our Kenyan member? We must talk, my family was there for many years. These days we live British Columbia, Western Canada, where (sorry Laura) it really is bloody cold and cross country skiing is cutting into my Eve time.
<<

Anidien Dallacort

Portrait

Post 2019.12.31 07:19

Seattle area, USA. Somewhat cold right now!
<<

DarkMellie

Portrait

Post 2019.12.31 11:24

Lots of good feels in this thread... keep 'em comin'!
<<

Laura Karpinski

Portrait

Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post 2019.12.31 11:49

Waruiru wrote: These days we live British Columbia, Western Canada, where (sorry Laura) it really is bloody cold and cross country skiing is cutting into my Eve time.

:lol: Yeah ok, you got me there.
CEO of EVE University
<<

Kelle Damage

Portrait

Post 2019.12.31 13:38

I live in the coolest, happiest, free-est of the United States, Colorado.

~ K
Next

Return to General Chat & Discussion