Gaming Headphones

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

Vanderspar Okenmere

Portrait

Post 2019.05.26 15:15

Re: Gaming Headphones

I went all out and got myself some Sennheiser GSP 600's. They're awesome.
<<

Owain abArawn

Portrait

Post 2019.05.26 16:43

I use the Logitech H600. Logitech makes several models of cordless headsets. The H600 isn't the most fancy, but it is functional and reasonably priced , and works well.

And even with the boom mike folded up, it's reasonably functional, avoiding the dreaded Head Mic Syndrome.
<<

Troven Smalvard

Portrait

Assistant Mentor Manager
Assistant Mentor Manager

Post 2019.05.27 07:35

Vanderspar Okenmere wrote:I went all out and got myself some Sennheiser GSP 600's. They're awesome.

jealous

Troven Smalvard wrote:i have Logitech G633 (gotta RGB baby!) but i was getting a new gaming mouse same time and seemed like a good idea while i was on the site

aside from being pretty,
good insulation from outside noise if that's a good problem or a curse is up to you, (sometimes miss the mobile phone ringing when its on the seat next to me)
having the mic muted by flicking up makes you feel like you're in battlestar galactica.... kinda
volume roller on the ear piece is convenient
decent sound and volume
cable it came with is good and long so no issues if your towers under the desk or anything, (and its just a USB> micro USB so no proprietary brand adapter if you need to replace damaged cable can just get generic (unlike some fancy pants audiophile-y somtimes have))

also some extra programmable buttons on the headset, but i haven't found any use for them myself yet :/

Long term living update about 6 months in with G633s

original cable died
- really quickly, after no trauma
the alternate 3.5mm audio cable gives horrible feedback
- not sure if this is LG hardware issue or could be something on my computer side so only medium
get broken stereo sound/only one side working often (at least once every session)
- percussive maintenance technique normally remedies, not sure if this could again be cable connection, waiting on anew one from amazon, or it could be the connection where the micro usb plugs into the headphone

still very comfy, no visible wear down of the soft materials

forgetting to pull down the battlestar galactica mic and not realising your muted and wonder why everyone hates you and is not replying - PEBKAC

ImageImage ImageImage
<<

Edhin Delphiki

Portrait

Post 2019.05.27 22:24

Well, I have owned many nice gaming headphones over the years from HyperX, SteelSeries, Logitech, and Sennheiser. Each one had different benefits for me. At first, I cared for if the headsets had stable mid ranges or impressive low ranges for that immersive feel. I started playing more and more games where communication was pretty important, so the quality of the microphone started increasing on the importance of criteria.

Sennheiser has always been my go-to for microphone quality. I have had the least amount of configuration needed to ensure quality reception of my headphones. SteelSeries in comparison was where I had to configure the most. With configuration though, you get it to work where you like it and don't touch it, but when you transfer it between devices and other computers then you notice the effort invested.

Sennheiser is not the most intense sound, but the sound doesn't "warble" or degrade in any of its ranges. I recommend a headset with a cloth circumaural (surrounds your ear). The cloth ear piece does attract lint, but it is better at dissipating heat if your head gets warm while gaming. Amazon typically has great prices and availability of headsets at reduced costs and holiday sales.

I use one of the original Sennheiser PC 360D series. The Game ONE series replaced that set, but kept most of the aesthetics.

Regardless of your choice, I wish you well on the fun of new gaming hardware!

Warm Regards,
Edhin Delphiki
<<

Darook Aideron

Portrait

Post 2019.07.20 12:34

I use Sennheiser HD25, although these are DJ headphones, I use them since they are extremely lightweight.
Previous

Return to General Chat & Discussion