First Proper Post - Where Are You All?

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

Knight Hippaforalkus

Portrait

Post 2018.06.10 21:52

First Proper Post - Where Are You All?

Only just fresh in the Uni and happy to be here. Looking forward to learning stuff and finally making use of the piles of blueprints I have sitting gathering dust.

Thought I would post to see how far spread everyone is in the world, sorry if this already exists somewhere! Me, I'm from Scotland, which is part of the reason I haven't said much on Mumble as of yet as when I used to play before I had a lot of issues with people understanding me :lol: took a while for people to get used to it.

K.H.
<<

B'aldrick Aivoras

Portrait

Post 2018.06.10 22:39

Re: First Proper Post - Where Are You All?

I’m told even some of our directors are from Scotland - some have even undocked- welcome to the Uni - have fun o7

Graduate | Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer

ImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Fergus Echerie

Portrait

Assistant Campus Manager
Assistant Campus Manager

Post 2018.06.11 02:55

Hello fellow Scot, I've exactly the same issue, who knew we were so hard to understand :lol:
Image Image Image Image
<<

Hideo Date

Portrait

Communications Manager
Communications Manager

Post 2018.06.11 05:16

Yeah...don't worry about your awesome language! Indeed we have directors from Scotland as well...work has many different challenges around here :D

everyone gets used to each others language quirks after a while, I'd say :)

Me, I am from Germany...so if you want to hear some real, actually bad English, look no further :P
Communications Manager

EVE Uni blog
EVE Uni Twitter
EVE Uni Facebook

Personnel Officer

You can find me on Twitter @hideo_date
I stream over at: https://www.twitch.tv/hideodate
<<

Ariea Thellare

Portrait

Post 2018.06.11 08:14

here is something that shows you where in the world euni members are:
https://util.eveuniversity.org/geo/
SRP Officer | Graduate | Killboard Staff

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
<<

Knight Hippaforalkus

Portrait

Post 2018.06.11 19:16

Fergus Echerie wrote:Hello fellow Scot, I've exactly the same issue, who knew we were so hard to understand :lol:

I have problems all the time with my accent but don't feel mine is too strong or anything, went to Iceland Airwaves quite a while ago and my mate had to do most of the talking as no one could pick up on my accent properly!.

Hideo Date wrote:Yeah...don't worry about your awesome language! Indeed we have directors from Scotland as well...work has many different challenges around here :D

everyone gets used to each others language quirks after a while, I'd say :)

Me, I am from Germany...so if you want to hear some real, actually bad English, look no further :P

Used to fly with a German guy in a Corp I was in before stopping playing back in 2011, actually found his English really easy to understand for some reason.

Ariea Thellare wrote:here is something that shows you where in the world euni members are:
https://util.eveuniversity.org/geo/

That is fantastic! Cheers.

K.H.
<<

Haplo Ronuken

Portrait

Post 2018.06.14 23:43

Greetings!

I am from the USA, living in Sydney, Australia. I've just received my letter of offer, and I cant wait to get home to accept. I am also considering going Omega. Looking forward to meeting more of you and getting involved in EU life.

Cheers
H
<<

Tal Tracyn

Portrait

Post 2018.06.15 07:47

Knight Hippaforalkus wrote:Only just fresh in the Uni and happy to be here. Looking forward to learning stuff and finally making use of the piles of blueprints I have sitting gathering dust.

Thought I would post to see how far spread everyone is in the world, sorry if this already exists somewhere! Me, I'm from Scotland, which is part of the reason I haven't said much on Mumble as of yet as when I used to play before I had a lot of issues with people understanding me :lol: took a while for people to get used to it.

K.H.

I'm from England and i can understand you perfectly. :D
I think the problem is your mic makes you sound muffled and that is what people are having a difficultly with.
<<

Glen Burney

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2018.06.15 13:32

Please don't be shy, one cool thing about fleets and being in comms is that the list of potential commands is short, so we will get used to how you say things... Plus diversity makes us stronger!
ImageImage
<<

Hideo Date

Portrait

Communications Manager
Communications Manager

Post 2018.06.15 16:27

Glen Burney wrote: [...] Plus diversity makes us stronger!

1000% this! I absolutely love it that we have people from so many places in the world and so many different walks of life!
Communications Manager

EVE Uni blog
EVE Uni Twitter
EVE Uni Facebook

Personnel Officer

You can find me on Twitter @hideo_date
I stream over at: https://www.twitch.tv/hideodate
<<

Ivanna Burn

Portrait

Post 2018.06.16 18:54

Hi. I live in Texas. and I am unable to think of what else to post.
<<

Abaris Fagimasad

Portrait

Post 2018.06.16 22:18

Hello! I'm Abaris, and I'm from the Rocky Mountain region of the United States! It's nice to meet you, and I'm glad that the University (and EVE in general) has such an incredibly diverse stock of capsuleers.
ImageImageImage
<<

Knight Hippaforalkus

Portrait

Post 2018.06.17 12:47

Tal Tracyn wrote:
Knight Hippaforalkus wrote:Only just fresh in the Uni and happy to be here. Looking forward to learning stuff and finally making use of the piles of blueprints I have sitting gathering dust.

K.H.

I'm from England and i can understand you perfectly. :D
I think the problem is your mic makes you sound muffled and that is what people are having a difficultly with.

Yeah I am looking to get somethig better to use for Mumble, but might be a month or so before I can afford it!

K.H.
<<

Madam Bojangles

Portrait

Post 2018.08.13 13:28

G'day mates [c.f Greetings and salutations] :D ,

i live at the Earth's largest and longest running penal colony, which is locate at the Southern Hemisphere. The patch of dirt that is Any fellocommoly called Australia.

any fellow aussies or Indian brothers from another mother, or any one from +8 Time Zone?

Cheers,

Bojangles

~Fly it like you stole it~

Return to General Chat & Discussion