Ideas on how to pay homage to Stephen Hawking in EVE

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

Avern Darkwinter

Portrait

Post 2018.03.14 05:25

Ideas on how to pay homage to Stephen Hawking in EVE

Any ideas on how to pay homage to Stephen Hawking? For those who don't know he passed away today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA8GdJJqz_s
<<

Xiang Fong

Portrait

Post 2018.03.14 11:15

Re: Ideas on how to pay homage to Stephen Hawking in EVE

Some redditors proposed lighting a cyno on 22:00 EVE time tonight all over the map, but that won't work in high and I expect most unistas can't fit them. Instead I would propose to empty out our stores of firework on any ships that decides to pay any homage. I personally have a bunch in Amy which I will happily contract to those willing to hand them out in such an event, as I will likely be in solitude this evening.
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Events Manager
Events Manager

Post 2018.03.14 11:32

How about as an idea to pick a spot in space , where we/people can leave a small secure cargo container and name it with something that pays tribute to him, could even spell out words if someone really puts in the time to line some of them up as they place there cans.

and if you have anchoring they will stay in space for 1 month just open cargo when in space hit launch for self then select anchor for self

May he rest in peace a inspirational man o7

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Events Manager, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Events Manager
Events Manager

Post 2018.03.14 11:34

Actually ya know what, tonight at 22:00 I will head to the sun in amy/HSC and secure a can to pay my tribute to him anyone else who wants to do the same is ofc more than welcome

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Events Manager, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
<<

Biwako Acami

Portrait

Fittings Manager
Fittings Manager

Post 2018.03.14 18:08

In before CCP releases the Stars line of skins.

IMO, a public event traveling to Molea, releasing a can in his name as an honorary capsuleer at P2M1 with messages from the public fleet and then lighting a cyno might be great. Edit: Molea is highsec too but I meant to suggest bridging willing sacrifices to nearby lowsec if that's in people's interest.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
<<

Xiang Fong

Portrait

Post 2018.03.14 20:41

I'm currently on my way to New Eden to anchor a few containers there, I also have some fireworks with me.

Return to General Chat & Discussion