Bounty Placed On NPC Corp Members (DCIM)

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

Lucas Rivera

Portrait

Post 2017.08.24 02:00

Bounty Placed On NPC Corp Members (DCIM)

Hello everyone,

I am back after a 4 year hiatus, I played for about a year but not so much at the same time. I felt like a complete noob then and a feel like a complete noob now. Finding this
Page has been a god send, helping me spin back up on the game in general. So I logged in this evening to see what the E-UNI public channels are like. Trying to be friendly I attempted to chat with people in my NPC corps (what could go wrong?) but this is EvE were talking here. As the community quickly reminded me that it isnin fact EvE, some pirate in the NPC corp placed 100k bounty on me, as he does to everyone in the corp to make "them feel wanted". I know its not a lot but crap, all I did was say hi and try to make friends :(. Thanks for listening to me rant guys. This organization restores my hope in humanity. I will be applying to you guys soon!
"Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me..."
<<

Troven Smalvard

Portrait

Assistant Orientation Manager
Assistant Orientation Manager

Post 2017.08.24 04:21

Re: Bounty Placed On NPC Corp Members (DCIM)

Hi Lucas,

hope to see you with us soon.

Don't panic, a lot of people like to place bounties on friends or people they come across as a bit of a friendly tease.
It doesn't really affect how other players in space will see you, bounties for killing you can only be claimed up to the value of your ship, and although it may seem like a significant amount now starting out 100k isn't a lot of isk in the big scheme of things.

Having a bounty doesn't make you a pirate or a criminal in HiSec so Concord will still come to your aid if somebody attacks you there ( that doesn't mean they won't this is EVE after all, but it is a deterrent unless your in something juicy and vulnerable)
And in all places in space where combat is free its very very unlikely someone will even look if you have a bounty to claim before trying to hit you or run.

So TLDR - don't worry about bounty, it is most likely as the guy said, a friendly tease that he has noticed your new in corp/game

fly fun o7

ImageImage ImageImage
<<

Michael Alderman

Portrait

Post 2017.08.24 19:46

Re: Bounty Placed On NPC Corp Members (DCIM)

Troven Smalvard wrote:Don't panic, a lot of people like to place bounties on friends or people they come across as a bit of a friendly tease.
It doesn't really affect how other players in space will see you, bounties for killing you can only be claimed up to the value of your ship, and although it may seem like a significant amount now starting out 100k isn't a lot of isk in the big scheme of things.

Even worse than that, they get 20% or less.

From https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Bounty_Hunting_System :

"The new bounty system only pays a portion of the bounty at a time. The amount paid is based on the target's isk loss. eg. blowing up the shuttle with a 100mil target won't pay as much as blowing up a battleship with a 100mil target. The base number is 20% or whatever is left in the bounty pool if it's less than 20%."

I mean, Jax put the bounty I have on my character as a joke, because I was explaining to a newbro why bounties don't matter, and not to worry about it. Goes to show. :)

My alt had one placed randomly when I was talking in corp chat (as well as some other people who were there). For no reason at all, and the person's killboard was all red. I was just helping out some people, at the time. Nothing to worry about. Just funny, really.

Return to General Chat & Discussion