Help Helioswipe Build A New PC™

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

helioswipe moondraft

Portrait

Post 2017.04.11 17:46

Help Helioswipe Build A New PC™

Greetings. After 5 years of using my current rig, I finally can upgrade to an actual PC. I'm asking for help since I have almost no experience in building PC's and combining parts.

I'm looking for a new PC, primarily for gaming. My budget is around €1000. I would like it to be VR capable as well as have a decently sized SSD.

Seperate from this i'd like to also get a new screen, this does not need to fit in the €1000 budget mentioned above. Size would need to be 24 inch since my desk is pretty small and I like to have 2 screens.

Would love to hear your input.
ImageImage
<<

Rashar Arji

Portrait

Post 2017.04.11 17:49

Re: Help Helioswipe Build A New PC™

Use potatoes, I heard they can power a great deal of things.
<<

morphoze

Portrait

Post 2017.04.12 18:33

Not sure if this link will work, but how about something like this?

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/morphoze/saved/#view=HkgxrH

If that's no good, check the completed builds section and move the price slider to fit your budget.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/builds/

As for the monitor, are you after a high hz one or is 60hz ok?
<<

helioswipe moondraft

Portrait

Post 2017.04.12 18:45

Thanks, the link works. As for a screen, i'm afraid a high hz one will cost a bit too much so a 60 hz will be good enough.
ImageImage
<<

Rashar Arji

Portrait

Post 2017.04.12 18:56

helioswipe moondraft wrote:Thanks, the link works. As for a screen, i'm afraid a high hz one will cost a bit too much so a 60 hz will be good enough.

Myself and your alt are both very happy with our Samsung U28E590Ds :) It isn't the most expensive, but it isn't super cheap either.
<<

Azmodeus Valar

Portrait

Director of Finance
Director of Finance

Post 2017.04.13 02:44

Remember that a good screen can outlast almost any other part of your build
Former:
<<

Rikki Bigg

Portrait

Post 2017.04.13 15:24

To start

Processor: You stated gaming pc, with vr capabilities. What other tasks will you use it for, rendering, post-processing, streaming, etc? Are you concerned with power consumption and heat?

RAM: What operating system, do you use ramdisks, do you run multiple eve clients at once?

Storage: You stated you wanted a SSD. Do you need other storage? Do you want to keep your OS on a separate drive?

Video Card: VR capable stated. What resolution do you want your monitor to be able to run. Do you plan on upgrading past two screens at any point in time? You stated 60hz.

Case: Is this a new build needing a new case? Do you want to plan for expansion? Do you want a small form factor for easy transport? Do you plan on water cooling (closed loop) your cpu?

Power Supply: Fit specifically for this build, or room for expansion?

Return to General Chat & Discussion