Well Hello There

For general discussion of anything not related to EVE Online.
Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
Narhoxide

Well Hello There

Post by Narhoxide »

Hi all,

This is my first time getting into EVE. I played for a little while before I lost interest, but now I'm back! I heard that the null-sec campus is still active, and am wondering whether to join or not. I especially want to get into PVP, and any advice for it would be greatly appreciated!
kamaTayun

Re: Well Hello There

Post by kamaTayun »

Good to see you. Honestly, discord would be a faster method to find info related to PvP and related things. But there's always plenty of that to go around whichever security space you choose in Eve University.
Elan Vital

Post by Elan Vital »

Narhoxide wrote: 2022.07.22 14:33 Hi all,

This is my first time getting into EVE. I played for a little while before I lost interest, but now I'm back! I heard that the null-sec campus is still active, and am wondering whether to join or not. I especially want to get into PVP, and any advice for it would be greatly appreciated!
If I haven't said it to you already, welcome to Uni!

As far as the Null Sec Community, the only requirement is showing up there (no application required). There are often great content opportunities, both in announced fleets and spontaneous activities like QRFs. You might join the PC9 Mumble channel and talk to some of the folks there. They will tell you anything you need to know if you want to live there.

Some general ideas for getting into PVP (without knowing how much you had gotten into it previously):

Routes into PVP If you can make this class (this Tuesday at 19:00EVE), it is a fantastic overview of opportunities for PvP.

Gate Guns & You A brief class that discusses Lowsec gate gun mechanics followed by a Lowsec gate camping fleet. I went on the last one and it was fantastic fun. Good PvP opportunity and some interesting fights.

EVE Uni Fight Club - Weekly in Slays (EUTZ version) on Thursdays at 19:00EVE and bi-weekly on Saturday nights (USTZ version) at 1:00EVE. Pick up free ships, have 1v1 PvP fights versus fellow Unistas, and then discuss the fight with you opponent, as well as advice or observations from the other folks there. Cheap, easy, and fun way to hone your PvP skills and meet other Unistas.

And then there is always the Combat Fleets sub-forum. Uni fleets are announced regularly here and will almost always include the fleet doctrine and fits as well as the level of PvP experience required. Most of our fleets are "new to PvP" friendly. For players new to PvP, Lowsec roams are often the best way to get a taste as they are typically frigates or destroyers.

I hope some of this is helpful. o7
Last edited by Elan Vital on 2022.08.01 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
Élan Vital
Community Coordinator • Graduate
Orientation Officer • Intake and Progression Officer
ImageImageImageImage
talk to the guns because the cockpit ain't listening
Narhoxide

Post by Narhoxide »

Thank you guys! Discord has helped a lot and I will definitely check out Routes into PVP and Gate Guns & You.