I need a linux Guru!

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

Shenniko Toralen

Portrait

Post 2020.06.29 08:35

I need a linux Guru!

Hi,

Bizzare question, do we have any linux/ubuntu gurus in the house?

Thanks

Shenn
<<

Ernesto Guevarti

Portrait

Post 2020.06.29 09:04

Re: I need a linux Guru!

I expect we have a lot of people with various and diverse knowledge of linux and ubuntu in particular, probably easiest to just ask the question here ...
Daniel Wittaker wrote:You could have a bright career ahead of you in Goonforums. That's some upvote-quality Helldump posting. Well done, sir.
<<

Shenniko Toralen

Portrait

Post 2020.06.29 09:31

This is non-EVE related..

I have a linux server, running Ubuntu 19.10

I mainly used it to setup a media server, and to host ARK for my kids and their friends.. now they want me to setup an ATLAS server for them, though whenever i try and launch the server i get the below message:

/home/steam/ATLAS/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

From what I've read, this is because libssl.so.1.0.0 isnt on the later distro's of Ubuntu (becasue its not very secure..)

I've ran locate -i libssl.so.1.0.0 and have found:

/snap/core18/1705/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0
/snap/core18/1754/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0

So libssl.so.1.0.0 is actually on my box.. How can i get the game server to use this file, without screwing up anything else on my server?

Thanks

Shenn
<<

Cha-Che

Portrait

Post Yesterday 22:59

You can specify other locations for shared libraries by using the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH when running whatever it is you're running.

e.g.
  Code:
$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/location/to/so ./atlas_server

You can find more information about this enviornment variable in the man page
  Code:
$ man 8 ld.so

Return to General Chat & Discussion