Gaming Headphones

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

Akrotiri Dallocort

Portrait

Post 2019.01.04 07:32

Gaming Headphones

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good set of headphones to use while playing eve and using mumble. At the moment I don't have a pair and the wife is getting sick of the noise bless her :twisted:

Any recommendations would be appreciated

Aki
<<

Kano Fiera

Portrait

Post 2019.01.04 07:36

Re: Gaming Headphones

I have a HyperX Cloud and I find it very comfortable, with good sound and mic quality for the sub-$100 price range. I actually liked it so much I have one for my office as well, since "professional" over-the-ear headsets cost four times as much for the same comfort level.
<<

Akrotiri Dallocort

Portrait

Post 2019.01.04 07:41

Kano Fiera wrote:I have a HyperX Cloud and I find it very comfortable, with good sound and mic quality for the sub-$100 price range. I actually liked it so much I have one for my office as well, since "professional" over-the-ear headsets cost four times as much for the same comfort level.

Thanks Kano, I will have a look at them. Plus I like the sub 100 price tag :D
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Post 2019.01.04 08:54

I got a Sennheiser PC 350 SE a few years back and I love it, it's sturdy, comfortable (although gets warm after a few hours) and the sound is crisp and clear. It relies on your motherboard's onboard audio or audio card to do noise cancellation for the mic though, but it seems to work well on my computer, so wasn't a problem for me.
<<

Akrotiri Dallocort

Portrait

Post 2019.01.04 09:14

Cassiel Seraphim wrote:I got a Sennheiser PC 350 SE a few years back and I love it, it's sturdy, comfortable (although gets warm after a few hours) and the sound is crisp and clear. It relies on your motherboard's onboard audio or audio card to do noise cancellation for the mic though, but it seems to work well on my computer, so wasn't a problem for me.

Running from the motherboard could cause a problem for me. I am using the iMac and its very temperamental. Not my best purchase ever.
<<

Troven Smalvard

Portrait

Mentor Manager
Mentor Manager

Post 2019.01.04 09:33

i have Logitech G633 (gotta RGB baby!) but i was getting a new gaming mouse same time and seemed like a good idea while i was on the site

aside from being pretty,
good insulation from outside noise if that's a good problem or a curse is up to you, (sometimes miss the mobile phone ringing when its on the seat next to me)
having the mic muted by flicking up makes you feel like you're in battlestar galactica.... kinda
volume roller on the ear piece is convenient
decent sound and volume
cable it came with is good and long so no issues if your towers under the desk or anything, (and its just a USB> micro USB so no proprietary brand adapter if you need to replace damaged cable can just get generic (unlike some fancy pants audiophile-y somtimes have))

also some extra programmable buttons on the headset, but i haven't found any use for them myself yet :/

ImageImage ImageImage
<<

BobbyRush

Portrait

Post 2019.01.06 10:05

Kano Fiera wrote:I have a HyperX Cloud and I find it very comfortable, with good sound and mic quality for the sub-$100 price range. I actually liked it so much I have one for my office as well, since "professional" over-the-ear headsets cost four times as much for the same comfort level.

I also have this set and recommend highly.

Here is a decent write-up of some options too:
https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-gaming-headset/
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
<<

Tau Hopper

Portrait

Post 2019.01.06 10:41

Kano Fiera wrote:[...] with good sound and mic quality for the sub-$100 price range. [...]

If you are looking for a budget option, I got myself a Sennheiser PC 3 Chat Headset and was pleasantly surprised by its quality.

I would emphasize how lightweight and comfortable it is, even after hours of use; and I'm quite happy about the sound they deliver given the price point - it sells for 19.95 USD, or as little as 17.99 EUR, depending on where you live.
AMC Officer | Mining FC, 4th Class

ImageImageImage
<<

Dunar Dolorgiet

Portrait

Director of Education
Director of Education

Post 2019.01.06 11:07

As an alternative to a headset you could go with quality headphones and mic of your choice. Personally I'm using a beyerdynamic COP ( https://global.beyerdynamic.com/custom- ... -plus.html ) and V-MODA BoomPro mic for a few years now.

If you just intent to use it for voice comms you can't go wrong with any of the budget Sennheiser options, no need to spend 100+.
<<

lobevaser

Portrait

Post 2019.01.08 20:53

I just got these and i am hearing sounds that my cheap wal-mart headset could not produce.
https://www.sades.cc/productdetail.aspx ... uctsId=350
<<

Mantzikert Askold

Portrait

Post 2019.01.11 10:36

I've ended up with a headset that only goes in one ear. It is mainly because that is what I had, but I do find it useful because now I can hear the wife or kids if they need me.

Return to General Chat & Discussion