Death is a hard thing to deal with

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2018.07.07 23:52

Death is a hard thing to deal with

Just to give everyone a heads-up since I posted this and then essentially stopped doing anything around here....

My Mom died about three hours before I posted that. I've been spending these weeks essentially just absorbing the grief and trauma, and helping to pick up the pieces of a life when a life ends. It's why I've stopped videomaking and teaching classes entirely.

I plan to get back into it... eventually... but I'll be stumbling into it. I'm not leaving EVE University (notwithstanding any corp drops to do in-game stuff away from WarDecs). I don't know yet if that'll be several months, several weeks, tomorrow, or what.

In the meantime, the only thing I've been doing in-game, recently, is Project Discovery, since I'd been meaning to get into that more, for a while.

I think I'm rambling (a side effect of the aforementioned trauma), so I'll stop the post here. But, I've reached the point where I think I can start talking about this publicly.
<<

Laura Karpinski

Portrait

Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post 2018.07.08 00:13

Re: Death is a hard thing to deal with

All the best, Seamus. Sending hugs.
CEO of EVE University
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2018.07.08 00:39

Thanks. I need it.
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Events Manager
Events Manager

Post 2018.07.08 00:52

Such loss's can be hard for sure, hope you have some close people you can chat with i had a big loss many years ago and it hit me hard had people i could of talked with but I went the route of bottling it up which made me dealing with it a longer process.

I know we where in mumble together earlier but wasn't sure if you wanted to chat about it and get stuff off your chest with a randomer so didn't poke much, but if you ever need or want to this randomer is all yours buddie <3

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Events Manager, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2018.07.08 05:03

Good to know, thank you.

Thankfully, I do have support from Real Life™ friends and family, but I may also be availing myself of support from Internet friends as well. Thank you.
<<

Hideo Date

Portrait

Communications Manager
Communications Manager

Post 2018.07.08 07:24

My thoughts are with you, Seamus. Consider yourself heavily bearhugged!
Communications Manager

EVE Uni blog
EVE Uni Twitter
EVE Uni Facebook

You can find me on Twitter @hideo_date
I stream over at: https://www.twitch.tv/hideodate
<<

B'aldrick Aivoras

Portrait

Post 2018.07.08 07:48

My thoughts are with you Seamus - shout out if you need anything from all your friends here in the Uni

Graduate | Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer

ImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Jameson Bolmara

Portrait

Orientation Manager
Orientation Manager

Post 2018.07.08 11:18

Seamus,

I am so very sorry, my heart goes out to you. We are here if and when you need us. You have always had our backs, it's our turn now.

JB

ImageImageImage
ImageImage Image
Image ImageImage

I am always looking for Orientation Officers, if you are interested apply here!
<<

Mr Madazolam

Portrait

Post 2018.07.08 14:53

My sincere condolences Seamus.

I'm a very new member but just had to say I know those around you will make this a bit easier to bear over time.

I'm in the business of dealing with these things regularly in RL and to be honest at times use EVE to get away from it.

Good Corp=good friends

My thoughts are with you......

Madaz
<<

Sikandar Cole

Portrait

Post 2018.07.08 15:26

I'm sure that I speak for all TGRADs in offering our sincere condolences on the passing of your Mom. Without her making you, many of us would not be here enjoying the game and it's community.

I hope that the cares of your friends provide a comfort and peace to help get you through these days ahead.

Baraka Bashad. o7
Image ImageImage

ImageImage ImageImageImage Image
ImageImageImage Image Image Image

<<

Aether Estemaire

Portrait

Post 2018.07.08 15:38

My deepest condolences Seamus.

I flew with you and sat in on many of your lectures I know from experience that family and friends will help you cope with this loss.

Thinking of you at this sad time

Aether
<<

Arnold Hita

Portrait

Post 2018.07.08 15:43

Its hard right now Seamus, I know that. But it will get better with time. Its taken me almost 3 year to get over my Dad dying, but I have managed to get over it. Just try and remember the good stuff that happened.
Ex-Teacher|Ex-NSC Bro|Ex-WHC Bro|

Currently in TGRAD
<<

S1euth

Portrait

Post 2018.07.08 17:45

Condolences Seamus. Grief is a journey different for each of us. Follow your own path.
<<

Rogwar Toralen

Portrait

Post 2018.07.08 19:41

You have my deepest condolences Seamus. Sorry for you loss.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Ersin Oghuz

Portrait

Post 2018.07.31 13:11

I just read ... I am sorry to hear that Seamus :(
My condolences to you and your family Seamus. It may not be the same as talking to a close relatives in RL and such, but thanks for talking this with us. I hope our company in virtual world makes you more comfortable and equiped to deal with RL issues. I am speechless but i am sending my best wishes to you and my respects to your mom.
"In Blasters I Trust"

Next

Return to General Chat & Discussion