My first few months in the UNI

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

Zemballa Aideron

Portrait

Post 2018.04.15 13:32

My first few months in the UNI

week one flies around wondering what to do.

week two join the AMC make rocks into smaller rock make a few million ISK =) listen to chat and learn there are more ways to make Isk.

Week three get a mentor (Martin Vanzyl) teaches me about wormholes and pvp opens my eyes a little shows me some tools and explains what wormholes are and how to get around in them.

week five Mentor cuts me loose and I run for it.try some pvp out in a wormhole..... mistakes were made go to Jita to get a bigger better ship. going to Jita was a bad ideal who pops a venture no big deal never fly what you cant afford.

fast forward because I don't remember the weeks anymore I join the incursion fleet this is fun sure I'm looking at gates for an hour or two but that's not it. the chat is great and funny. I feel like I am important even though I never shot. I can hear the call outs and indirectly learn what to do. I'm scared I will mess up and get them in trouble so I focus so hard I cant hear them sometimes but that fear is what makes it fun. Last night I didn't want to leave I was picket but I had IRL stuff that needs to get done. I hope they made the goal of 100 sites in 24ish hours you guys were killing it.
<<

Zemballa Aideron

Portrait

Post 2018.04.17 20:47

Re: My first few months in the UNI

Update I've got my wife to play now she not sure what she wants to do but she wants to play with me. Her interest is inventing thing for me to fly. when I was hunting down a good wormhole she said she wants to do that also.

I've made my first big trade spent 25 million but made 30 so not huge but its a start. I also upgraded my ship to tank so damage but I don't have the skill set yet to deal the pain to others so I'll just keep playing hide and seek in the wormhole until I join the WHC.

I will update this every month or so maybe I'll call this diary of a wimpy explorer or something.

Return to General Chat & Discussion