Gaming Photography

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

Raphael Vespertilio

Portrait

Post 2018.01.27 13:59

Gaming Photography

How are you doing it guys?

Ane specific techniques or just screenshots without processing?

I love in-game photo. My next best thing next to blogging.

I am using Photoshop, some filters and old knowledge from days I was still so-called web designer.

Looks like I have issue with photo display but you can open them by opening in separate window.
<<

Raphael Vespertilio

Portrait

Post 2018.01.28 20:11

Re: Gaming Photography

Something I did today:

Eve Online Screenshot 2018.01.23 - 22.37.14.04 by Rafal Gac

Talking about the technique used:

1. Lightroom auto light set up
2. Lightroom added clarity and dehaze
3. Photoshop vibrance
4. Photoshop Blur Iris effect with some bokeh
Last edited by Raphael Vespertilio on 2018.02.09 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2018.01.28 20:51

I don't, but for inspiration you could always check out Razorien's stuff on flickr. He's an ex unista who always had an eye for a good screenshot moment. Not sure if he still plays, but won't hurt to check with him if he has any tips and tricks maybe.
<<

Raphael Vespertilio

Portrait

Post 2018.01.29 21:55

Cassiel Seraphim wrote:I don't, but for inspiration you could always check out Razorien's stuff on flickr. He's an ex unista who always had an eye for a good screenshot moment. Not sure if he still plays, but won't hurt to check with him if he has any tips and tricks maybe.

Oh yes. I am following him.

Loong way for me to this kind of EVE photography. I am still more PvE - Solo Capsuleer. His shots are often massive and bloody dynamic. Love them.

I also like Bryan Ward https://www.flickr.com/people/12832008@N04/
<<

Raphael Vespertilio

Portrait

Post 2018.01.30 15:34

Just appeared on EN24:

http://evenews24.com/2018/01/30/interview-with-famed-eve-photographer-razorian/

Funny as we just spoke about Razorian. Very nice pictures.
<<

Tau Hopper

Portrait

Post 2018.01.30 17:15

Raphael Vespertilio wrote:Just appeared on EN24: [...] Funny as we just spoke about Razorian. Very nice pictures.

And I was coming to the forum to post about said interview, just to find this thread :D

I hadn't thought of EVE photography as yet another career one could pursue in-game, but it seems to be quite a thing - and lately I must admit I have been enjoying taking simple screenshots here and there.

Out of curiosity, do you guys use the supersampling approach he mentioned?

Razorien: [...] Questions about editing vary a lot but a common myth is that I must have really high-end hardware. Today, a single low-end monitor and mid-range graphics card is enough to create 4k screenshots. In Windows, both AMD and NVIDIA drivers will let you create artificially high resolutions, up to four times your native monitor resolution. I use that together with high graphics settings in the game to capture as much detail as possible. [...]

EN24: Would you mind explaining or linking that trick to maximize the screen resolution?

Razorien: Sure, hang on. For Nvidia: https://www.geforce.com/hardware/techno ... technology
And AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/vsr It’s the same thing but they have their own names for it.

I run EVE on Linux using the unofficial release maintained by CCP Snorlax, so I'll have to check if I could do the same with my setup.
<<

Raphael Vespertilio

Portrait

Post 2018.02.09 18:28

Tau Hopper wrote:
Out of curiosity, do you guys use the supersampling approach he mentioned?

Tau Hopper, I am using supersampling on regular basis. It seems to give me a better starting point for processing. I am on Windows10.

Also when I am working on pictures in Photoshop, I tend to turn them into RAW format first.

As far as photography goes in the game - for me, it is very big part of my gaming. Both - in EVE and in Elite Dangerous.
<<

Raphael Vespertilio

Portrait

Post 2018.02.09 18:36

One of my older shots.
Probably somewhere from the beginning of my EVE Photo Story:

Atron EVE Online Raphael Vespertilio 19032017 by Rafal Gac, on Flickr
<<

Raphael Vespertilio

Portrait

Post 2018.02.09 18:40