Mike muting problem

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

Worf McGregor

Portrait

Post 2017.11.19 20:02

Mike muting problem

Greetings,
I seem to have a unique problem.
When trying to talk, my mike will self mute itself.
I have tried various mikes, and headphone mikes.
I think that I have adjusted every setting involved. But nothing stops it from muting randomly after I un-mute the mike.
The random time is between 5 sec and just short of a min.

Any help would be appreciated.

Worf
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2017.11.19 22:28

Re: Mike muting problem

This may be a silly question but, are you sure that you aren't accidentally hitting a Mute hotkey every so often?
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Worf McGregor

Portrait

Post 2017.11.29 11:45

A very good question. Several others mentioned that also.

But no, I was holding the push to talk button, which is mapped to my mouse #4 & #5 buttons, in most cases, just talking, while in station.
Anyhow I had the window for setting the mic condition, trying to fined a correct setting for it.

[I get to it by; Right Clicking on the speaker icon on the right side of task bar / Select Playback Devices / Select the Recording Tab / Select any Microphone listed (all of them are effected the same way) / Click on the Properties Button (or Right Click the Mic and choose Properties) / Select Levels Tab = There I would see that the Mic would be zeroed out and muted / I would unmute it and set the mic to 100% / moments later (anywhere from a few seconds to about a minute) and it would change to 0% and muted.]

Now my mute button on the various microphones would just mute the mic and then allow it to unmute when pressed again.
But this issue is setting the mic to 0% and the mute/unmute button will not reset it.
So if I did not have the window for the mic properties up, it would take me several moments to get myself unmuted to respond to a discussion in Mumble.
Even with the mic properties window up, it still takes me a few seconds to unmute and reset the mic percent of volume back to normal.

Sorry for the long explanation, but it is keeping me from enjoying EveOnline/Mumble conversations. Along with many other activities.

Worf McGregor
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.11.29 12:58

Let me get this straight, the problem isn't technically that your mic is mute-toggled, but that the mic output is reduced to 0 and you don't get that back until you reset the microphone settings?

Have you check the usual bandits for messing with microphones, like disabling power management, disabling applications from taking exclusive control of the mic etc? All settings within the microphone properties window.
<<

Worf McGregor

Portrait

Post 2017.12.05 01:47

Cassiel Seraphim wrote:Let me get this straight, the problem isn't technically that your mic is mute-toggled, but that the mic output is reduced to 0 and you don't get that back until you reset the microphone settings?

Well, actually both. It is Muted and set back to 0.

Have you check the usual bandits for messing with microphones, like disabling power management, disabling applications from taking exclusive control of the mic etc? All settings within the microphone properties window.

How does power management effect the mic?... Looking into this.

I believe that I have looked at and adjusted everything else in the microphone properties window, but I will look into it again.

Thank You,
Worf

Return to General Chat & Discussion