Military service - Past and Present

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

Kurt Vanhouten

Portrait

Post 2017.01.13 02:02

Re: Military service - Past and Present

Hi I served 6 years in The US Navy 1984 to 1990. I was stationed aboard the USS Guam LPH-9 as a radar repair technician. The ship is sadly now decommisioned and was used for target practice or so I was told.
<<

Birdinator Wyld

Portrait

Post 2017.01.13 16:10

Hello

I served in the Canadian Military from 2004-2015 as an Artillerymen mostly for 1RCHA in Manitoba and a few years spent in Wainwright. Accepted a medical release after serious injury, recovered almost fully, and now I'm in Culinary school :)
<<

Jack Cavanaugh

Portrait

Post 2017.02.26 07:12

I served 4 years in U.S. Marine Corps artillery out of MCBH, honorable discharge, had a break in service then joined the Army. I'd rather not give an in-depth breakdown of my military history for "opsec" reasons. Not like, "If I told you I'd have to kill you..." or "I'm a ArmyRangerReconDeltaSpecialForcesNavySeal" but just like I don't want to tell my life story to random people on the internet. But I mean, if by some cosmic coincidence anyone here was in Marine arty in MCBH in the early 2000s, hit me up, maybe we know each other. I do have one friend from my old unit who plays EVE but he's not really active these days.

Anyway, I will say the Marines Corps was a love/hate relationship. I wouldn't take it back...but I couldn't do 20 years of that with my family. I don't know how the Marine Corps is now but when I was in I spent most of my time deployed or in the field, like probably about 90% and when you did have time off the company liked to use as much of that time as possible to screw with you. I swear senior NCOs and officers in my unit must have hated going home to their families so they took it out on us. :P

The Army on the other hand, once I accepted the fact that I was now a Soldier...I've been pretty amazed at how they emphasize taking care of Soldiers and their families. It's not perfect but it's worlds away from the daily up yours that was Marine life.

There was a guy in Caldari Corps chat earlier this week talking about how he was a "marine" (didn't capitalize it, repeatedly) when I asked him what battalion he went to boot camp with, he said 2nd battalion...and then he started talking about all the sand flees. 2nd battalion is MCRD San Diego. There are no sand flees. The sand flees are in Paris Island. I had to fight the temptation to bounty him because I knew he was just trolling on an alt, plus looking at his killboard he gets killed on a really, REALLY regular basis so I decided to settle on that for satisfaction.
<<

Throte Punch

Portrait

Post 2017.03.26 08:29

United States Marine Corps
1996 - 1998
Boot Camp: Marine Corps Recruit Training Depot San Diego, Platoon 3085 Mike Co, Senior Drill Instructor Staff Sergeant Lerminaux
Marine Combat Training: Camp Pendleton, 3rd Platoon, Hotel Co, SSGT Thomas
MOS school: Camp Johnson (North Carolina), 0151 Personnel Administration, SSGT Standae, SSGt Froemming
First/Last Duty Station: Marine Corps Air Station El Toro (MCAS El Toro)
Unit: Marine Tactical Air Command Squadron 38 (MTACS-38)
Group: Marine Air Command Group 38 (MACG-38)
MOS: 0151 (POG)
Unofficial Duties: Base Highland Bagpiper
Discharge: General Under Honorable
Commandant of the Marine Crops at that time: General Charles C. Krulak

OPS: CAX 97 & the ops in Yuma (I forgot what it was called).

Semper Fidelis

:D
[url=http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=189897]
Image[/url]
<<

dobbo2

Portrait

Post 2017.04.01 01:57

Completed 5 years with the British Army - 2003 to 2008. Was a Royal Logistic Corp Driver. 3 Years based in Germany, Guterslogh. Absolutely loved it out there. :D . Then completed a 6 month tour of Iraq, was force protection there (Protecting the convoys). Not going to lie, crapped my self most days but in a weird way best time of my life. (I know thats messed up but the people i was with were amazing and made it what it was). I then got posted back home and spent most my time up North England.

I miss it sometimes and would definitely do it again.
<<

Tulise Amatin

Portrait

Post 2017.06.03 23:40

I served in the US Army from 2006 - 2013.

11B - Infantry

2006 - 2009: 101st Airborne 2-502 Charlie Company
2010 - 2013: 3rd Infantry 3-7 INF REGT Charlie Company

Deployed twice to Iraq although the second deployment was a rather chill one.

Earned my CIB during my first deployment and based out of FOB Kalsu.

Strike Force!
<<

marlinspike von Crendraven

Portrait

Post 2017.06.04 17:40

I served in the U.S. Navy from 2001 - 2005 as a damage controlman (DC)
I was on two ships the first being the USS Portland LSD-37 out of little creek VA now decommissioned, i think she is a artificial reef off the coast of Florida
the second ship was the USS Emory S. Land AS-39 out of La Maddalena, Sardinia, Italy
<<

Tiberius NoVegas

Portrait

Post 2017.06.16 11:05

U.S. Marines
2010-Current
History is a bit extensive for only 6.5 years ive done. stationed in Japan at the moment. if your stationed in Japan as well, hit me up. been looking for people in my time zone to roam with.
<<

Tamalya Tam

Portrait

Post 2017.06.29 06:29

I served in the United States Army, 88m, Supply Truck Driver, 1996-2004, 3 tours Afghanistan. People don't think that being the heart string of a war effort won't see much action, but the opposite is very true. I've driven in 47 convoys, and every day I open my eyes, I am thankful to be alive.

I salute all who have served their countries. Stepping up to defend those who can't or are unwilling takes heart, and I greatly respect heart.
<<

Moroz Enderas

Portrait

Post 2017.09.06 01:06

Hey Everyone,

US Navy 2015-2017; driving some P3's around out of Florida and Washington before they sundown the majestic beasts. I'll be sad to see them go.
<<

Annika Yalen

Portrait

Post 2017.09.10 15:47

I was in the U.S. Navy from '03 to '08 as an Avionic Electronics Technician. Got out as a Second Class Petty Officer (E-5).

Spent most of my time in Jacksonville, Florida, but spent time on four separate carriers during that time. Did short stints on the U.S.S. Harry S. Truman (CVN-75) and the U.S.S. John F. Kennedy (CV-67). Did full deployments to the Persian Gulf on the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71) and the U.S.S. John C. Stennis (CVN-74). All told, I spent around 14 months of time at sea. Saw some interesting places, like Dubai, Greece, Turkey, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Mallorca. Was an interesting time.

As for what I did, I mostly fixed the radar systems for the (now-retired) S-3B Viking anti-submarine warfare aircraft. Also worked on the F/A-18 Hornet, the F-14 Tomcat, and the EA-6B Prowler.
<<

Adrian Airwaymaster

Portrait

Post 2017.09.13 16:10

I started as an flight medic in the USAF, in 1991. Got a commission and became a flight nurse. I have about 300 hours of flight time with the 142nd AES on C-130s.

As a 1Lt I received a scholarship for graduate training in anesthesia, did that and subsequently served 3years at Lackland AFB as payback. Did one tour in Iraq, at Anaconda.

I got out at 17 yrs, because my wife begged me to. Wish I had stayed for the retirement...

ImageImageImageImageImage

(Retired) LSC Logistics Officer

saepe visae, sed non audierunt
<<

Nomad Udan

Portrait

Post 2017.10.25 15:08

U.S. Army
Infantry 2006-2009
82nd Airborne Ft. Bragg, NC
1 Deployment to Iraq
Successfully jumped from a plane 9 times, successfully landed 8 times...
"Wherever the enemy wants to fight, we will follow him to the ends of the Earth. We'll adapt, we'll train, we'll advise, we'll mentor, and we'll fight, and we'll fight well." -Gen. James Mattis
<<

Raeyn Startrader

Portrait

Post 2017.11.07 00:55

1996-1998 Voice Interceptor, 11th Cavalry, National Training Center, California

US Army
<<

Treanna Zonn

Portrait

Post 2017.11.12 04:17

4 years US Army active duty, 19K Armored crewman for the M1A1 & M1A2 tanks 1995-1999, 1 year Korea and 3 years at Fort Knox.
4 years Reserve as a construction engineer 62E.
Previous

Return to General Chat & Discussion