OP Homulilly: Aftermath of a weekend

Phil Crumbs

Re: OP Homulilly: Aftermath of a weekend

Post by Phil Crumbs »

A bit late because I was away from EVE for the week.
Was my big first OP :D

Didn't actually know it was a posbash until we were well underway, so I brought a logi instead of DD. All rep drones too, so no killmail whoring for me :cry:
(Was actually next to that rattlesnake we got during the travel fleet, and sat there impotently while it died. On another note, Titus Tallang has an awesome FC voice!)
It was actually my first time as logi, and I learned a bit about it in the fleet (Shoutout to Richard Marte for explaining things to me such as cap chaining or pre-locking pricey ships like tech 3s)
Went in for the first two days or so (Plus half a day orbitting wormholes), but couldn't stay for the POSes coming out of reinforcement, and I'm told I missed an awesome fight at the end too... :shock:

Didn't actually rep much overall, most was topping up a few lost armor percentage points on some fleetmates.

Was interesting though, and would logi again.
Richard Marte
Title: Sophomore

Post by Richard Marte »

Phil Crumbs wrote:Didn't actually rep much overall, most was topping up a few lost armor percentage points on some fleetmates.
As with tackle, please don't interpret non-action as unimportance. If they had contested the POSes, or if somebody spotted us and decided to mount an invasion, the amount of logi and tackle we had was completely appropriate for the size of the fleet. If we had as much DD as we did and significantly less logi/tackle, it could have been a bloodbath of a different sort if a large fleet jumped in on us.

But, yes, I do find the killboard mechanics a bit frustrating as logi. We should get added to the Uni killboard at some point, but there is nothing that can be done for non-uni killboards. I just try to not pay much attention to killboards. And, from what I've heard, if you ever post an application to another corp and mention that you'd like to fly Guardians for them, I doubt they'll give you too much trouble over it!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Kermit Pental

Post by Kermit Pental »

Richard Marte wrote: And, from what I've heard, if you ever post an application to another corp and mention that you'd like to fly Guardians for them, I doubt they'll give you too much trouble over it!
Other corps and the ladies love a good Logi 5 pilot <3
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jeff Kione

Post by Jeff Kione »

^ It's true, you don't get the (KB) glory necessarily but you do get the ladies and the adoration of fleet mates and management. ;) Logi bros best bros.
Nyjil Lizaru

Post by Nyjil Lizaru »

Touch O'Death wrote:
Melkor Gengod wrote:
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned........except the fury that eve university reserves for its war dec enemies that are foolish enough to have assets in space.
Best. Post. Ever!
Worth re-quoting. I loved these types of ops, glad you poked another one!
"...I already know as much about my fate as I need to know. The day will come when I will die. So the only matter of consequence before me is what I will do with my allotted time. I can remain on shore ... or I can raise my sails..." Richard Bode
Image Image Image Image Image Image
LSC(former), NSC(former), Mentor('former'), Black Sheep (always!)
Che Galtor

Post by Che Galtor »

i just love this comment on the eve forums about OP Humililly:
"There is a fun way to DEC the uni and then there is the perma DEC for 5 months. Do the latter and you forfeit all poco's pos's and anything else they find. Forever..."
"To boldly go, where others have gone before!"
Stinkys

Post by Stinkys »

And here we have a recap of some of the events from the Homulilly weekend. I hope you like it.

https://youtu.be/IpF7qwu1i2I

Can someone please halp... i can't figure out the embed code :P
ImageImage
Titus Tallang
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Special Projects, Teacher, Puella Magi

Post by Titus Tallang »

That is awesome.
*creak*
Alex Robles

Post by Alex Robles »

the music makes it hard to hear my sexy voice
LeFleur
Title: Le fleur de haute sécurité, Graduate

Post by LeFleur »

It's one of ths first videos when I can say "I was there, I was there". Good work capturing the high points.
Shadim Cho
Title: Freshman

Post by Shadim Cho »

That looks like it was a lot of fun. I'm crap at pvp, but it's nice to watch. :)