HSG action in Jufvitte against Deadly Fingertips

Dakk Ralnik

HSG action in Jufvitte against Deadly Fingertips

Post by Dakk Ralnik »

HSG has been camped by WTs from Deadly Fingertips the past day or two.

Strontium Bob Bobbins fit up a Nereus with a heavy tank as bait. Bob was really the driving force into getting us out of dock. Definite kudos to Bob for his leadership. Addendum: Bob was fit for tank and tackle and carried drones.

The plan was for Bob to bait a wt near the Amy/Juf gate either side with the rest of us shipped, fitted, and waiting to undock in Juf.

There was no response on the Amy side of the gate. When Bob jumped thru to Juf USF Gunner Kardula took the bait attacking in an Orthrus https://zkillboard.com/kill/45940529/ . We undocked en-mass and warped to gate. Bob attacked with what dps he had from the bait ship and tackled. Dal Cais landed 1st in an Atron applied dps and tackled. I landed 2nd in my Talos @ 20km. I was rail meta 4 fit and had a sensor booster II with scan resolution script for a quicker lockup. Unfortunately Dal's ship went down just before I put enough dps in to take down the WT. With Dal's tackle and Bob's dps combined with my dps we were able to take the WT out. It truly was a team effort.

The only reason I arrived when I did was because I was docked up at Roden Shipyards which is the closest station to the Amy gate. That proximity made a huge difference with time in warp. Also there were more people responding to the ambush it just happened so fast it was over before anyone else could arrive. I'm sorry I don't have the names of the other pilots who responded.

Dakk Ralnik
Last edited by Dakk Ralnik on 2015.04.14 22:07, edited 3 times in total.
Dal Cais

Re: HSG action in Jufvitte against Deadly Fingertips

Post by Dal Cais »

Warped in from cloaked off the gate in my Derptron and added my tackle and small amount of DPS to Strontium Bob's Nereus tackle and drones and waited for the 'Cavalry' to arrive. I was unable to warp out in time and was put in my pod just before he blew....., but if my little bit of tackle and dps was of any help in taking him down.... it was well worth it. Funny... I don't really remember anything other than a little planning on Bob's part, and then the call to arms..... nicely done.
LeFleur
Title: Le fleur de haute sécurité, Graduate

Post by LeFleur »

Amazing work, Guys. It seems like lately, whenever they decide to stay some time in the HGS area, they end up into one of this states:

1) Single ship killed, everyone else docked up in time.
2) No kills and a lot of time wasted camping us
3) Having to call friends to be able to get out of our camp
4) loosing ships.

It's no wonder they have been switching to trade hub camping, they do most of their damage there.

Good work to everyone in the HSG that secures the area. Great work for those that helped or where in warp to help here.
Strontium Bob Bobbins
Title: Mentor, Sophomore

Post by Strontium Bob Bobbins »

Thanks Dakk, but it was really a team effort. I was only prepared to put myself out there with the knowledge that HSG standing fleet was there to support.

Dal Cais had been providing very good intel from the Amygnon gate in Juffvitte using his cloaky Atron, checking for WT support ready to jump in to Amy. There were 2 OOC WT alt characters sat on X Sense undock and USF GUNNER had been flitting around system. I was playing station games by popping out of X Sense in a Stabber and docking up when USF GUNNER started to fire on me. Eventually he left for Juffvitte.
I Asked in Comms if anyone wanted to support me baiting him in a Nereus. I though the chances of him biting were <40% as I had made myself known with the station games, but nevertheless, went to Juffe to pick up my bait Nereus (tanks to Karimson for the fit and advice). I jumped back to Amy without incident and then picked up a Freight Container and headed back to Juff, hoping he thought I was taking advantage of the abscence of WT's.
All the time I was calling out my actions in comms, and after jumping back to Juff, I was quickly tackled by USF GUNNER in his Orthus.
I engaged my own tackle and released my Hobgoblin II's while calling for support from HSG standing fleet.
Dal was closest and Dakk was close behind to apply good DPS. Sadly, I think the cloaky Atron bit the dust, but not without us taking down 1Billion ISK worth of Orthus (sadly most of the fittings went up in smoke).
Lots of other Unistas were en route to support, but in the end the very shiny Orthus went POP too quickly for them to get on the kill mail :(

Great team effort.
Thanks everyone, especially to Dal Cais and Dakk Ralnik - without you I would have popped before he did.

o7
Bob
Tylenos Targas
Title: WHC Admin Officer, Overdue for a podding, Mass Damps, tl;dr, Cannon Virtuoso, Inactive Softeners, Graduate

Post by Tylenos Targas »

Nice work! The loot fairy needs a stern talking to though.
Screwdriver Boffin

Post by Screwdriver Boffin »

Very well done guys. Great initiative.
Kuni Nai

Post by Kuni Nai »

Good drills team.
Zang Xuu

Post by Zang Xuu »

good job HSG! way to bait!
Selni Tivianne

Post by Selni Tivianne »

Very nice kill, there's no way an orthrus should die to that :)

And uh, oversized MWDs are a thing for anything but bumping?
Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23)

Post by Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23) »

Selni Tivianne wrote: And uh, oversized MWDs are a thing for anything but bumping?
Way more speed, the sig bloom is the same. So I don't understand.. how could you catch him? At least Deadly Farmertips knows how to Elite PvP..
First I was like :shock:, then I was like :| and finally.. :roll:

Well done HSG! Keep up the killing. :D

Edit:
I just checked the difference in EFT
100mn = 6603m/sec (All V, no drugs or links.. like he will undock without)
10mn (A-Type) = 2960m/sec (Again all V, no drugs or link)
Actully, he has a smaller sig with the X-Type, because the X-type has a smalle sig bloom. So he can go faster while keeping his sig lower.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Did someone say "Stealthbomber"? Explosions? And ECM? I'm in! Let's blow shit up! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Selni Tivianne

Post by Selni Tivianne »

Neonen Enderas wrote:
Selni Tivianne wrote: And uh, oversized MWDs are a thing for anything but bumping?
Way more speed, the sig bloom is the same. So I don't understand.. how could you catch him? At least Deadly Farmertips knows how to Elite PvP..
First I was like :shock:, then I was like :| and finally.. :roll:

Well done HSG! Keep up the killing. :D

Edit:
I just checked the difference in EFT
100mn = 6603m/sec (All V, no drugs or links.. like he will undock without)
10mn (A-Type) = 2960m/sec (Again all V, no drugs or link)
Actully, he has a smaller sig with the X-Type, because the X-type has a smalle sig bloom. So he can go faster while keeping his sig lower.
Only in EFT though - the agility difference likely means that the 10mn fit will probably cover more ground in any realistic situation. That it takes forever to accelerate away with an oversized prop mod may have contributed to why he got caught.
Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23)

Post by Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23) »

Btw, that guy got booted from his corp. =D
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Did someone say "Stealthbomber"? Explosions? And ECM? I'm in! Let's blow shit up! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sikandar Cole

Post by Sikandar Cole »

Well done, all.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage ImageImageImage Image
ImageImageImage Image Image Image
unstable unit

Post by unstable unit »

LOL, awesome job guys! The WT's will surely hafta be starting to think twice about playing in Amy... it's kinda embarrassing for them to have been killed by *newbros* I would think lol :D
Keep up the good work! \o/
Image Image Image Image