[LSC] VNIs find some Waffles fun

Moab Achasse

[LSC] VNIs find some Waffles fun

Post by Moab Achasse »

After an epic Walking Dead finale (sorry for the delayed fleet time due to 90 minutes of awesome :)) we gathered the VNI fleet with good numbers looking for a good brawl. With the incursion up the Nen pipe, I had our scouts head through the north of Placid and looping around into Reitsato as well. Unfortunately there was nothing interesting in space other than some small frigate gangs.

I decided to go park our merry fleet in Kinakka and see if Waffles was interested in a fight. Fights happened. 3 of them.

Round 1 - Waffles undocked in Roas and Scythes. We kept the fleet together well, staying between our logi and their fleet. Duke was awesome in his Celestis getting damps on 2 of their logi quickly and we were able to quickly start breaking the rest of their logi. We caught a couple of Roas here as well, and Waffles disengaged.

Round 2 - They asked us to hang around for a second go, so we got ready for another fight. This time their logi warped in at a much better range from us, and we started burning for them. Their logi was holding, our logi was holding. We were able to get in close enough to get neuts on some of their logi, and slowly started breaking them, our logi was holding perfectly with the Eos on field :) Again, might have stayed on their logi a little too long here before switching to the Roas, caught a few, and the rest of their fleet warped off.

ROUNDS 1 & 2 - We lost a griffin (who brought the griffin!?) and Condor
https://zkillboard.com/related/30045314 ... %22%5D%7D/
+345m
-9m

Round 3 - They wanted one more round. Unfortunately I had set a time for the fleet to be home, and we were already past time. (Sorry waffles!) We started heading home and they undocked brawly thoraxes. Now I really wanted the fight. Still, had some pilots we needed to get home. They followed us back, and I was waiting for them to try to catch something on a gate. Not wanted to lose a straggler, we engaged them in Vli on the gate. We caught sever

ROUND 3
+163.8m
What happens when you go flashy on a gate in an inty without being aligned out and warping off:

Thanks everyone for coming out, and to my scouts for the dedicated hunting and looking in vain for another fleet to fight!

LOGI:
Kalen Tsero
Azure Rogue
Rocom
Octavio Rios
OldPsycho

+508.8m
-34.2m
93.7% ISK effeciency!
Mentor | Teacher | Graduate
Styx Hope

Re: [LSC] VNIs find some Waffles fun

Post by Styx Hope »

Sounds like fun times were had, nice fight!

Which was the VNI fit used?
Image Image Image Image
Moab Achasse

Post by Moab Achasse »

Mentor | Teacher | Graduate
Kalen Tsero

Post by Kalen Tsero »

Being the LC for this fleet, I got worried quite a few times when logi started reporting jams and damps. Thanks to the Eos though, those of us who weren't jammed were able to keep up reps. The logi did a very good job announcing when they were jammed so the others knew when we needed more reps. Almost lost Octavio, but we managed to get him stable last second :P
Ex-Mentor, Ex-Titles Officer, Ex-Ensign, Ex-WHC Education Officer, Graduate, ECM Teacher, "At least it was cap stable", "Please jam me", "The Jerk We Need"
Muffie Wheels

Post by Muffie Wheels »

I'm still not sure why they engaged the third time.. I mean, what they had on grid seemed inferior to what they brought the other times, or have i completely missed something?

I know it was brawly thoraxes, but the numbers just seemed to be very low. Also, it's not like it was a secret at this point, that they would have a hard time breaking our amazing logi.
Rocom

Post by Rocom »

My first flying a logi ever and I think it went pretty well lol
Azure Rogue

Post by Azure Rogue »

It was also my first logi experience. Big thanks to Kalen for explaining a lot in the logi channel pre-fleet. I had a great time, 10/10, would logi again.
Zang Xuu

Post by Zang Xuu »

Good times! Thanks to Moab and fleet members, and thanks to Waffles for bringing good fights.
Abira Saleem (Biomassed 2015.09.23)

Post by Abira Saleem (Biomassed 2015.09.23) »

That GIF is awesome - gonna steal it.
Arc-Lucem-Ferre Motsu

Post by Arc-Lucem-Ferre Motsu »

In Honor of my Waffle Bros https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn_iz8z2AGw

But we did whore on a Nag shortly after https://zkillboard.com/kill/45614278/ and there was much rejoicing...and eating of waffles, as is customary of course.

Sincerely,

Arc
Aflixion Starr

Post by Aflixion Starr »

Rounds 1 and 2
Round 3

All from my perspective as a Roa and a Thorax. The videos are unlisted and on my personal Youtube account, so please don't go spreading that information around :)
Graduate / LSC / Guest Lecturer / Guest FC / Mentor
DO YOU LIKE WAFFLES?
Lucius Victus

Post by Lucius Victus »

Really fun fleet. Thanks to the waffle pals for providing some action because space was pretty dead.
Would've loved to stay around a bit longer but thanks to summertime i'm 2 hours ahead of eve time now so it was 6.35am by the time we left kinakka.
Ruku Kamimasu

Post by Ruku Kamimasu »

I imagine hunting Waffles was good for the Unistas' sec status.

Disappointed I missed it.
Octavio Rios

Post by Octavio Rios »

I'm just getting to watching the fight again. Awesome job by the logi to catch me last second there. Cool to see how you guys managed to reach us and what not.

o7
Speig Yotosala

Post by Speig Yotosala »

Aflixion's video is fascinating with respect to how tracking works.

At around 5:00, the Moas were shooting at Kelon Tsero's Exequeror which was moving in the opposite direction. With spike at 50km, nothing was hitting. According to pyfa, 250mm rails with spike has a tracking of 0.008. The overview is showing a transversal of 0.02. When the target is switched to Moab's VNI, hits start landing. I suspect he had his MWD on, blooming his signature.

At around 7:00, they were shooting at Octavio's Exeq with Antimatter at around 10km. The Moas and Exeqs were traveling in the opposite direction with high transversal, so nothing was hitting. But watch what happens at 7:20. The transversal drops, and Octavio nearly dies.
Small gang (5/5) Frigs/Dessies (5/5) Armor Brawling (5/5) Shield Kiting (5/5) Experimental (5/5)