[HSG/LSC/NSC] UNI has teeth

Professor Academiac
Title: Ensign, Not actually a professor, Teacher, Graduate

Re: [HSG/LSC/NSC] UNI has teeth

Post by Professor Academiac »

You guys & gals rock. That was some serious fun.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Teacher • Mentor • Junior FC
Deuce Bishop

Post by Deuce Bishop »

Random NSC bro's perspective:

I logged in to commotion on NSC comms..."combat comms, keep quiet and don't interupt" I tell myself. Clearly a response fleet was heading out, but to where? Comms was busy so I just undocked in the inty I was already in. They were only one jump out, moving to an unknown destination, in an unknown doctrine, to fight an unknown enemy. Doesn't matter, I make best speed to catch up.

Eventually, I hear "set destination, Raneilles." Never heard of it. Most the systems in Null are gibberish. And as everyone knows, Poitot is the only named system in Syndi....oh nevermind..

I look at the route, 12 jumps, and it goes from red to orange to green...deep into green...

So apparently the NSC is heading straight into the heart of darkness, the dreaded Highsec, where the rules get weird and and the station games are strong, but why, to stage? "We are going after War Targets" the FC says. "Turn safeties off red."

As we enter Highsec we are told to join HSG mumble, and LSC Standing fleet. When I join, HSG mumble, it's hectic, and the 1st thing I hear is "We need to get point on that Nightmare!"

Still 2 jumps out, but inties are FAST! :twisted:

40 seconds later I landed on grid, spotted the Nightmare and overheated prop mod.

I pipe up "2nd Point on Nightmare"

Absolutely no chance the Nighmare is going to hit me as I orbit at over 4k so I start clearing hostile drones. As the hostile vexor goes down there is nothing left on field that posed a threat to my nimble inty, and no way in hell I was going to let loose my deathgrip on the Nighmare. Thus the Whoring began.

After their logi and Nighmare went down it was just a matter of spreading points, so no one else escaped.

Great job FC, and Logi+the initial tackle gets the MVP award as usual IMO.

How I felt after the fight:
Zeeba Eatah

Post by Zeeba Eatah »

Pehuen wrote: Words describing an awesome experience of amazing greatness.
10/10

Excellent use of sound track and multimedia. +1 Would fly / die with Pehuen again. The sunglasses are strong with this one.

Indeed, the Campushood of Travelling Space Pants is at an all time high.

RE: the "Zeeba, what do you think?" - I was foggy from being sick all day on top of that using a crucifier (lolwut?) as tackle in this engagement - so my apologies. I had such a small perspective to make a call, and even Pehuen knowing very little of his fleet's total composition / strength did an amazing job. The latter half went rather well but I think it's only when Pehuen knew which tools were at his disposal (example: At one point midway in the fight I hear over comms that jams are successful / failing - "Oh, we have a blackbird!" then I hear Pehuen calling EWAR specific directions.) Quick thinking and a great tactical mind!

My only con (and this has been my recent experience in LSC fleets) - step up! I would have loved to hear a DD thorax bro/sistah speak up, take command from the tackle calling the shots. Also, focused damage! Also, focused damage! Also, focused damage! Also, focused damage! This is a UNI wide issue but when I see drones flying at the Basi and not at the Nightmare primary, I get sad. And my sword points south.

Overall, morale was high and Pehuen, way to unite the clans!

Fyery Phoenix

Post by Fyery Phoenix »

As per Pehuen's Request, I spent all day today making a video of the encounter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWF00E0jY4o

Pehuen, maybe you want to link it in your original post?

Best wishes

-- Fyery Phoenix
Loot Fairy
Tylenos Targas
Title: WHC Admin Officer, Overdue for a podding, Mass Damps, tl;dr, Cannon Virtuoso, Inactive Softeners, Graduate

Post by Tylenos Targas »

Great job guys and girls. they'll remember that :)
Pehuen
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director Emeritus, Graduate

Post by Pehuen »

Fyery Phoenix wrote:As per Pehuen's Request, I spent all day today making a video of the encounter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWF00E0jY4o

Pehuen, maybe you want to link it in your original post?

Best wishes

-- Fyery Phoenix
Loot Fairy
Awesome vid, op updated!
Richard Marte
Title: Sophomore

Post by Richard Marte »

Excellent video - thanks! I just missed this, but it is nice hearing some familiar voices on an EVE video!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ruku Kamimasu

Post by Ruku Kamimasu »

Awesome vid, congrats on the dunk. I logged in a little too late for this but got to listen in on the action live.
unstable unit

Post by unstable unit »

Please stop having fun when I'm alseep. It makes me sadface.

Dead WT's though... oh alright, I'll let you off this time :D YAY! Brilliant job! Love seeing the whole Uni rushing to the fight :D
Image Image Image Image
B'aldrick Aivoras
Title: Graduate

Post by B'aldrick Aivoras »

Nice video - great having the logi perspective. Well done to all - great comms and fcing
Graduate
Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer
|
FCC Manager
ImageImageImageImageImage
Misu Wonderer

Post by Misu Wonderer »

Wow, awesome video, congrats!! :D
As a noob, its pretty overwhelming.. so, out of curiosity, how much time do you reckon it takes a new player to fly in a fleet like that , and what would be the quickest to train: dd, logi or ewar ?
White 0rchid

Post by White 0rchid »

Everyone can fly in that fleet, taking a tackle frigate always helps. It's the best way to learn as well.
WE FORM V0LTA
Comrade Blade

Post by Comrade Blade »

Video is great Fyery :)
Good work everyone, sucks that it was the few hours I was out of house that weekend :p
[center]Teacher | LSC Officer | T2 Industrialist | Loser of Hawks | Best scout in the LSC*
MERCENARY

"Who built Thebes of the 7 gates?
In the books you will read the names of kings.
Did the kings haul up the lumps of rock?"

Mercenary Coalition[/center]
*Poll taken from respondants to this forum post as of 10 February 2014. Not a scientific poll. Poll does not nessicarity reflect the opinion of Eve University, Eve University Management, CCP, BoB, Goonswarm Federation, CONCORD or any of the aforementioned parties alts, friends, corp-mates, spies, pets or real world relatives.
Sol Anti

Post by Sol Anti »

Misu Wonderer wrote: As a noob, its pretty overwhelming.. so, out of curiosity, how much time do you reckon it takes a new player to fly in a fleet like that , and what would be the quickest to train: dd, logi or ewar ?
You could probably participate usefully right from day 1. Any tackle frigate e.g. Atron, Slasher could help get "a point" on an enemy ship (warp disruptor module, prevents them being able to warp away and escape). Any ewar frigate e.g. Griffin, Maulus can help mess with their targeting, either protecting friendly ships or stopping enemy logi from working. Cruiser DD or logi take a little longer to train into - only talking a couple of days maybe to get started, which seems immense as a new pilot but it's not much in the overall scheme of things.
Mercenary, Graduate, former Mentor & retired NSC Officer
Phantom Voidwalker
Title: Sophomore

Post by Phantom Voidwalker »

Misu Wonderer wrote:Wow, awesome video, congrats!! :D
As a noob, its pretty overwhelming.. so, out of curiosity, how much time do you reckon it takes a new player to fly in a fleet like that , and what would be the quickest to train: dd, logi or ewar ?
all 3 are fast to train into.
t1 tackle -> everyone can fly that. t2 tackle will take some training (frig 5 + evasive maneuvering 5 + interceptors 4 at least)
t1 ewar frig -> very easy to train into. just train racial frig to 3 or 4 & the corresponding ewar skill. I flew maulus on my first 2 fleets :)
t1 logi -> cruiser logis don't take long to train.

t1 tackle frig are always useful but in this engagement's case you would've probably died fast, plus we had plenty of fleet-inties doing the tackle.

an extra griffin to jam the basilisk, or a maulus for damping the basilisks' targeting range into nothing-ness (which will break its targeting and, reps!) would've been very useful :D