[HSG/LSC/NSC] UNI has teeth

Richard Marte
Title: Sophomore

Re: [HSG/LSC/NSC] UNI has teeth

Post by Richard Marte »

Phantom Voidwalker wrote:all 3 are fast to train into.
t1 tackle -> everyone can fly that. t2 tackle will take some training (frig 5 + evasive maneuvering 5 + interceptors 4 at least)
t1 ewar frig -> very easy to train into. just train racial frig to 3 or 4 & the corresponding ewar skill. I flew maulus on my first 2 fleets :)
t1 logi -> cruiser logis don't take long to train.
uu seems to be looking into more PVP 101-style classes for HSG (we haven't had as many NoP fleets lately either). I'd definitely keep an eye out for these - it is really easy to get into and there are roles that new players can fill which are important even on big fleets. In the beginning you'll die often, but don't worry about it - we have ship replacements and such to help out with the isk, and early-on the ships you'll be flying are pretty cheap anyway and insurance works out well for them.

Believe it or not you can fly a cap-stable all-T1 Burst with only 4 days of training from new character creation - I just checked it in my skill planner. Flying the T2 version just needs shield/hull/power/cpu 4, which most of you probably already have. A decent T1 cruiser will of course take somewhat longer, but you can be quite effective with only a few skills beyond core stuff you're already working on.

I'll probably be posting more soon...
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Atticus Holmes

Post by Atticus Holmes »

I was far away from an EVE client when the bat phone ping went out but I thoroughly enjoyed watching the video.

Very cool to see all of the Uni working together!
Atticus Holmes
Retired Personnel Officer

Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

Post by Glen Burney »

No regrets! Except getting blapped by the first thing I saw within 5 seconds of the start of the fight. Such fun! Much spacetime! All of the GIFs!

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)
Goethian

Post by Goethian »

I was flying one of the Tornados. After a long time spent camping the initial WT in a station I was glad to be out, flying, and most importantly, shooting. I was lucky enough to have been mostly ignored by the enemy fleet after a couple of shots that took about a 30% off my shields. This left me free to focus on trying to stay in range of the primary targets which was something of a challenge without a prop-mod and no anchor. Still lessons were learned, I would have benefited from a tactical bookmark that would have been a closer point to bounce from and get back into the fight sooner.