[NSC] Doctrines.

Zharkalwe Raholan

Re: [NSC] Doctrines.

Post by Zharkalwe Raholan »

Is there a way to determine what the minimum fitting skills are in order to fly doctrine ships as fitted? It'd be nice to see what skills I'm needing to prioritise.

Asking, as I'm currently working on AWU III and still can't turn the damned last cannon on the Thorax on.

I'm not generally inclined to try downgrading to meta variants - my personal take is that if that is what the doctrine is, then that's where the bar is set at, which helps everyone know - from FC, Logi and tackle etc - the capabilities of the fleet.
Anh teritz Tobal

Post by Anh teritz Tobal »

To this end EFT is the almost unanimous recommendation. If you give it you API it can download your skills (must be manually refreshed). Ship fits can be imported from eve and most often fits are made available in EFT format. The program can calculate your Effective Hit Points EHP against different damage profiles and allows you to tweak individual skill parameters. Often this feature is the only way to ascertain which skills are essential for a given fit.
Bora Vyvorant
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Special Projects, Mentor

Post by Bora Vyvorant »

Zharkalwe Raholan wrote:Is there a way to determine what the minimum fitting skills are in order to fly doctrine ships as fitted? It'd be nice to see what skills I'm needing to prioritise.
I'm assuming you've got the obvious ones (CPU Management and Power Grid Management) to V already.

After that, unfortunately, because there are several skills that affect PG and CPU requirements for any given fit (and they differ depending on the modules in use) there's never going to be a simple answer. The best you can do is dump all the fits you want to be able to fly into something like EFT, play with increasing the various skills to see how close you get, then prioritising the ones that will help you with more things.

For example, AWU and Shield Upgrades both help with power grid. AWU is a long train for a 2% benefit, but will help on anything pointy. Shield Upgrades gives you a bigger gain for a shorter training time but only helps you with some fits.
ImageImageImage
Zharkalwe Raholan

Post by Zharkalwe Raholan »

Bora Vyvorant wrote:
Zharkalwe Raholan wrote:Is there a way to determine what the minimum fitting skills are in order to fly doctrine ships as fitted? It'd be nice to see what skills I'm needing to prioritise.
I'm assuming you've got the obvious ones (CPU Management and Power Grid Management) to V already.

After that, unfortunately, because there are several skills that affect PG and CPU requirements for any given fit (and they differ depending on the modules in use) there's never going to be a simple answer. The best you can do is dump all the fits you want to be able to fly into something like EFT, play with increasing the various skills to see how close you get, then prioritising the ones that will help you with more things.

For example, AWU and Shield Upgrades both help with power grid. AWU is a long train for a 2% benefit, but will help on anything pointy. Shield Upgrades gives you a bigger gain for a shorter training time but only helps you with some fits.
Yep, have CPU and PGM at V, as well as Shield Upgrades V, now working on AWU IV. It appears that AWU III was needed (in combination with the 3 V's that I already had), as I can now turn on the last gun. Yay, finally mediocre! :lol:

I use EFT, however I didn't know about the feature where you could individually change skills to see what will do what. Thanks for the tip, I'll spend some time tonight playing around with it.
Morgan Strigidae

Post by Morgan Strigidae »

A couple of quick questions.

First, on the Slow Rockets doctrine, between the Moa and Osprey there is the following note:
If you can not fit this due to PG you may meta the AB and if still you can Meta the shield extender but it must be a minimum Meta 3.
Which fit does that apply to? Both have AB. Or does it apply to both?

Second, my only racial frigate V & t2 frigate skills are in Caldari ships, but I don't see any fits for tackle or inties. Should I just borrow fits from LSC? I love scouting, so I expect this is what I'll fly a lot. I am training up other racial frigate skills as well, so in the future I'll shift to the better inty/tackle ships.

Also, I should note I plan to move down to NSC this weekend, so I'm a complete noob there. (And still pretty noobish in general.)
Sol Anti

Post by Sol Anti »

Morgan Strigidae wrote:A couple of quick questions.

First, on the Slow Rockets doctrine, between the Moa and Osprey there is the following note:
If you can not fit this due to PG you may meta the AB and if still you can Meta the shield extender but it must be a minimum Meta 3.
Which fit does that apply to? Both have AB. Or does it apply to both?

Second, my only racial frigate V & t2 frigate skills are in Caldari ships, but I don't see any fits for tackle or inties. Should I just borrow fits from LSC? I love scouting, so I expect this is what I'll fly a lot. I am training up other racial frigate skills as well, so in the future I'll shift to the better inty/tackle ships.

Also, I should note I plan to move down to NSC this weekend, so I'm a complete noob there. (And still pretty noobish in general.)
The note regarding AB and Shield Extender is directed at the Moa, but I'd say it's fine to do likewise for the Osprey if needed - I would recommend keeping the Osprey's Shield Extender at meta4 or above, to ensure you still qualify for T1 Logistics NSC SRP.

Doctrines tend not to include specific fits for fast tackle/interceptors as those ships mostly function independently of what the rest of the fleet are doing i.e. both kitey Caracals and brawling Vexors have similar needs for fast scouts and long points to grab targets while the fleet warps in. There's also a lot more scope for personal taste (and forum disagreements!) when it comes to fitting out a fast tackle/interceptor. I'd again suggest familiarising yourself with the NSC SRP requirements and ensure any interceptors meet them.

And welcome to the NSC! Join Mumble and the standing fleet. No worries about being a noob, we all started out as noobs, and some of us still are in many ways.
Mercenary, Graduate, former Mentor & retired NSC Officer
DJ puar

Post by DJ puar »

This is great information. Thank you.
Zeeba Eatah

Post by Zeeba Eatah »

General EWAR support fits:

[Vigil, Vigil - Sentry Support]
Spoiler
Mark I Compact Capacitor Power Relay
Mark I Compact Capacitor Power Relay

Upgraded 1MN Microwarpdrive I
Sensor Booster I
Parallel Weapon Navigation Transmitter

Drone Link Augmentor I
[empty high slot]

Small Particle Dispersion Projector I

Warrior II x1
[Griffin, Griffin Roam]
Spoiler
Signal Amplifier I
'Hypnos' Signal Distortion Amplifier I

BZ-5 Neutralizing Spatial Destabilizer ECM
Enfeebling Phase Inversion ECM I
'Hypnos' Ion Field ECM I
'Umbra' White Noise ECM

[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Small Particle Dispersion Augmentor I
Atan Sol

Post by Atan Sol »

Folks,

can not seem to find a proper channel to ask so let's try this thread:
I am wondering why NSC Slasher has neut, not nos module?
I would think it needs energy vampire module to counter-act neuts and stay on target with a scram.

http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Nullsec_C ... le_Slasher

o/
Hong Hu

Re: [NSC] Doctrines -- Griffin

Post by Hong Hu »

Griffin

I'd like to offer this as an alternative for the Griffin fit. My thinking:

1a) High slot weapon is purely optional.
1b) Auto-targeting allows for more targets to be locked. Device isn't actually turned on. Costs almost nothing to add fitting wise.
2) Even with great skills running four ECM mods and a MWD is not cap stable. Times can be as shorts as 3 minutes for a well skilled player. Three ECM and a MWD can be perma-run. Adding the EM shield amp improves survivability a little.
3) The low slots maximize effectiveness of the jams and the decreases the chance of a target avoiding/countering ECM.
4) The rigs I've selected improve ECM success and match range of jamming with range of target locking.
5) SW-300 drone to maybe slowdown someone getting close.

All for the estimated price of 1.5 million isk. Upping the meta level yields some improvement in performance but not much.

cap stable
100 km targeting
90+ km ECM
2800+ m/s
Spoiler
[Griffin, Noise Generating]

'Hypnos' Signal Distortion Amplifier I
Warded Gravimetric Backup Cluster I

Upgraded EM Ward Amplifier I
Enfeebling Phase Inversion ECM I
'Hypnos' Ion Field ECM I
BZ-5 Neutralizing Spatial Destabilizer ECM

Light Missile Launcher I, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Light Missile
Auto Targeting System I

Small Ionic Field Projector I
Small Particle Dispersion Augmentor I

Warrior SW-300 x1
I may quit Eve....

My gaming philosophy, really.
Hong Hu

Re: [NSC] Doctrines -- Talwar

Post by Hong Hu »

Talwar

My take on a Terrible Talwar fleet, based on Fargo's work from a way back. This is an alpha strike fleet compared to more expensive solo Talwars I've used. Estimated price around 4.5 million isk.

1) High slot weapons meta 4 or under. Tech II is really not doable.
2) No tank other than sig and speed. Nano over bulkheads for instance.
3) Sensor booster/rigs maximize target range and missile projection. Well skilled can target and throw to 80 km!
4) RSD for most. If no Vigil present add one or two TP's to the fleet.
5) Not cap stable! Using the EWAR (RSD) is a potential liability. Using a Limited MWD buys you a few more seconds of cap. No EWAR running, it should be cap stable.
Spoiler
[Talwar, Terrible Talwar]

Ballistic Control System II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Overdrive Injector System II

Prototype Sensor Booster, Targeting Range Script
Kapteyn Sensor Array Inhibitor I, Targeting Range Dampening Script
Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I

TE-2100 Ample Light Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Nova Light Missile

Small Hydraulic Bay Thrusters I
Small Rocket Fuel Cache Partition I
Small Ionic Field Projector I
Last edited by Hong Hu on 2015.03.04 01:12, edited 1 time in total.
I may quit Eve....

My gaming philosophy, really.
Hong Hu

Re: [NSC] Doctrines -- Vigil

Post by Hong Hu »

Vigil

I'm a big proponent of the Vigil as an unsung hero. Small, fast, hard to hit and capable of really multiplying the force. About 6.75 million isk.

1) Tech II components make sense to me but YMMV. Downspec if needed.
2) Two TP's are all that you need. One for primary, one for secondary.
3) SB and rigs work to maximize TP range and effect. TP to almost 160km! Optimal sig bloom of over 50%!
4) Weapons are optional but since it is a TP fit, have some missiles for self defense.
5) Fast, almost 4K m/s. Cap stable.
Spoiler
[Vigil, Fire Watcher]

Power Diagnostic System II
Overdrive Injector System II

EM Ward Amplifier II
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron
Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I

Arbalest Compact Light Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Light Missile
Arbalest Compact Light Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Light Missile