[NSC] Doctrines.

Messanax

Re: [NSC] Doctrines.

Post by Messanax »

The Merlins would mesh well with the AF gangs we already run, maybe encourage the lower sp bros to fly those instead of other things.

I like Sabre's Alpha Ruppy Fleet, but IDK if we have the numbers to run it. It's nice because everyone should be training Minnie cruiser so you can fly scythes, and you're only going to be using faction ammo anyway (lol Quake/Tremor) so meta 4 guns are completely acceptable.
Spoiler
[Rupture, Alpha]
Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I

720mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP M

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Warrior II x5
Warrior II x1
Republic Fleet Fusion M x742
Republic Fleet EMP M x746
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M x646
Republic Fleet Depleted Uranium M x670

Running the numbers through Excel, you'd need about 18 perfectly skilled ruptures landing full damage from RF EMP ammo to volley a typical Zealot (before links), increase that number by 20-30% to make up for the fact that most uni pilots aren't perfectly skilled, and then another 20% to make up for things like damage mitigating through tracking. So we're looking at about 25-27 Uni pilots in decently skilled ruppies to volley a Zealot and then at least 10 more in scythes for logi, plus assorted tackle/ewar, pushing the required fleet size closer to 50...

Yea, don't think we can do it with current numbers....
Apoth Gerrish

Post by Apoth Gerrish »

So I started writing a post for Op Fort about useful ships to be able to fly for small-gang HiSec Kity stuff, and it basically turned into a post about Nano gangs. How many of your dudes could fly the stuff listed here for a real nano gang in Null?

http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopi ... 56&t=80500
Tinman Spectacular

Post by Tinman Spectacular »

Lots of folks, we emphasize inties over pretty much any other T2 ship as your first go-to.
Apoth Gerrish

Post by Apoth Gerrish »

Tinman Spectacular wrote:Lots of folks, we emphasize inties over pretty much any other T2 ship as your first go-to.
What about the other stuff?
Tinman Spectacular

Post by Tinman Spectacular »

EAFs are not super popular yet, but getting there. ABCs are plentiful but all over the map and not most people don't have large lazors/hybrids/projectiles sadly :(

Recons, yea, that's an option as well, but not many folks have them in Aldrat I'm afraid.

Biggest problem is that most people at the level of T2 larges and recons just aren't going to waste time with U-MAD. They're either in the process of moving on to bigger-badder PvP corps or happy to be where they're at. Keep in mind, this is coming from a guy who scouted fleet after fleet against them back in Maserra days, and they were great fights doing exactly what you propose. Dr. Vitoc bringing out rapiers, me punting them onto OOC flashy logi, lots of kitchen-sink type DD coming in and blapping them. Aurora with his falcon causing all kinds of misery... And Mariner with his smooth "Scram and web everything, kill them all."

Zeus, Naginata et. all were good sports about it at first, but eventually they realized the easier pickings were not worth our trouble because there were plenty of fish elsewhere, and said as much. Things like "You guys blob harder than anyone, we're not coming back." blah blah blah. Then I learned that for them, while it's fun to gank unistas, it's mostly about ISK/space-jobs. The forum mercs need the "most" killboard in order to get contracts... most kills, most ISK, most wars. They play Eve off-and-on, some of them are IRL friends, they don't tolerate big losses well and happily kick corp mates, even duders they know IRL, for stupid losses. Lastly, it just boils down the fact that merc contracts are how they make their ISK for members, which then goes into deccing Ivy for the lols and to keep them in ships.

For awhile it worked well with Solitude pushed behind the LSC but even that became annoying really quick. "I'm being scrammed by a [insert here] 12 jumps from you guys. Help Help!" Umm... no thanks. By the time Pochaxoo moved up to Syndicate then myself and a few others a couple weeks later, there really was about a zero percent probability of anyone there going down to chase U-MAD/POH with any sort of intent.

By this point the WSOP was relaxed, there were plenty of targets for U-Mad, and people were learning just fine.

Anyway, grandpa history thread derailment complete.
Fargofargone

Post by Fargofargone »

Updated
Apoth Gerrish

Post by Apoth Gerrish »

#leaks

Working with another Waffle FC I came up with a new fit we will be rolling out with, figured you guys would appreciate a link to the new fit in case you want to switch over as well:

TL;DR Small DPS hit for a big chunk more tank. Tight as hell on PG but can easily be solves by a small PG implant > Meta AB > M4 guns.

Ammo is Javelin, Antimatter, Thorium & Tungsten.

Apoth ♥
Last edited by Apoth Gerrish on 2014.06.15 16:59, edited 2 times in total.
Nuclear Russian

Post by Nuclear Russian »

Looks tasty, although T2 guns will be a problem as usual. What is worse is that RCUII requires Energy Grid Upgrades V, which few newbros have.

i wonder though if one can get away with meta4 guns+rcu+2%implant...I guess it depends on shield upgrades skill, will definitely EFT around. Also, with that much tank, logi naturally becomes the weak point. Basis may be a reasonable upgrade over ospreys.

While we are on the topic, opinions about beam Aug navy doctrine BNI are rolling around in? Seems like a solid srsbsns choice for armor engagements.

Something like this: https://zkillboard.com/kill/39199138/
Apoth Gerrish

Post by Apoth Gerrish »

Logis aren't actually a weak point, with perfect skills and the same booster (i.e same scenario), AB scythes (the same ones from the TrebleCat Doctrine) have 50k EHP so while it's a touch lower it's not really all that much. They'll also naturally be further away from the bad guys.
Fargofargone

Post by Fargofargone »

Good few updates made in preparation for NSC Deployment.
Affra
Title: Graduate

Post by Affra »

I am not seeing a "cheapass-anti-talwar" doctrine?
Fargofargone

Post by Fargofargone »

Meta Cormys are a Talwar counter If flown right
Affra

Post by Affra »

Alright, I believe this to be a fairly similar range build (with same skills) Catalyst build.

Instead of the extra mid sensor booster, it has a targeting range rig and a tracking enhancer in low.

Also this should work for most without a PG implant (showing 86.8/87.5 PG need), but ofc depends on skill level.

Code: Select all

[Catalyst, NSCSNIPER]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script

150mm Prototype Gauss Gun

Small Hybrid Locus Coordinator I
Small Hybrid Locus Coordinator I
Small Ionic Field Projector I

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S x1500
Caldari Navy Iron Charge S x1500
Targeting Range Script x1
Scan Resolution Script x1
Caldari Navy Thorium Charge S x1500
Apoth Gerrish

Post by Apoth Gerrish »

It won't have the same range.
Affra

Post by Affra »

So whats the range of a cormorant then?

My alt with Destroyer 3 gets 80km targeting range.
Iron optimal of 59km and falloff of 70km, Thorium 32km/43km

Afaik I dont think the talwars fire out longer than 50 or tops 60 with rigs for it?