[NSC] Doctrines.

Alex DeWalker

Re: [NSC] Doctrines.

Post by Alex DeWalker »

For Thorax fit, most people will be short on powergrid without WU5/AWU4.
If you can't fit it, get rid of 1 Magnetic Field Stabilizer (you loose ~10% DPS) and replace it with Power Diagnostic System, to make it work.
Zeeba Eatah

Post by Zeeba Eatah »

Alex DeWalker wrote:For Thorax fit, most people will be short on powergrid without WU5/AWU4.
If you can't fit it, get rid of 1 Magnetic Field Stabilizer (you loose ~10% DPS) and replace it with Power Diagnostic System, to make it work.
I was able to get away with this in EFT but... I don't want Fargo all over my ass when he sees my killmail.

Fargofargone

Post by Fargofargone »

I have out up pocket rockets on the corp contracts. If you want to look at the fit it is in corporate fittings.
Fargofargone

Post by Fargofargone »

With this fit is is important that you do not touch the range amplifiers as it will mean your ranges are different to the fleet.
Nuclear Russian

Post by Nuclear Russian »

Fargofargone wrote: range amplifiers
Krcik88

Post by Krcik88 »

About the terriblekittens, brave goonies use this fit:
Spoiler
[Kestrel, bni]
F85 Peripheral Damage System I
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

1MN Afterburner II
Medium Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Field II

Upgraded 'Malkuth' Light Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile

Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Of course you can downgrade to meta stuff and make it cheaper.
Mini gang (5/5) ◄► Frigs and dessies (4/5) ◄► Armor brawling (0/5) ◄► Shield brawling/kiting (0/5) ◄► FC's choice (0/5) ◄► Noobs on Patrol (5/?) ►
Mentor Manager - Assistant Student Guidance Manager - Mentor - Commander - Graduate
Apoth Gerrish

Post by Apoth Gerrish »

I think (not 100% w/o EFT) IIt's superior and cheaper to use a meta/cheap faction EM field (or even a opassive one) and have the full T2 DC.
Fargofargone

Post by Fargofargone »

Bump. Some more ideas on doctrines would be great! Seeing as the two we have so far have worked so well :)
Nuclear Russian

Yes Nuclear all NSC FC's will get access :) But you will have to show that you are a FC by actually leading fleets. ;)
Bump. Some more ideas on doctrines would be great! Seeing as the two we have so far have worked so well :)
(rest are just members)

Just sayin...I would put some up, if only I had permissions to.
Fargofargone

Post by Fargofargone »

Our you could do ask asked and link them for discuss? Why do so many NSCers have issues with doing things the way they are asked lol...
Nuclear Russian

Fargofargone wrote:Our you could do ask asked and link them for discuss? Why do so many NSCers have issues with doing things the way they are asked lol...
Precisely because the way they are asked is bureaucratic, get 5 approvals and no actual power to do anything yourself way. (as an aside, I remember Sabre mentioning how euro leadership is always all procedure and chain of command while USTZ is laissez-faire...hehe)

I will give a constructive example. I want to run a doctrine, so I decide to put it up. Lets denote your procedure of sending everything to you to post as (a) and giving me appropriate permissions as (b).

So, to begin with, I want to create my doctrine:
a) I send my fits to you. Note that to organize into a message 10 fits, 10 descriptions, how to set up the ratios/roles/names is quite a large amount of work for both of us. Furthermore, I am afraid you will go messing with stuff, which I don't want. Considering the amount of bickering over fits we had (and frankly my disapproval of your fitting style), that may happen, and I don't want to then spend time arguing about things. Its my doctrine, and I want complete control over it. Criticism and comments are fine and welcomed. Changing stuff unilaterally is not.
vs
b) I go and set it up myself. I already have fleet-up admin experience, so I am unlikely to screw things up, and we don't have to do twice the work to get it up there. We can have practice group for new FCs where they can play around with fleet-up and not mess up main group.

I now have my doctrine up and want to see how many people can fly what.
a) Ask you to check, then ask you to change some fits and check again, several days of back and forth
vs
b) Check myself, edit as necessary in under an hour

After a few battles, I now want to modify doctrine fits and descriptions. Maybe add an EWAR or low SP ship, add BR links to descriptions.
a) I have to again ask you to do that. Possible fit arguments and threadnaughts may result.
vs
b) I go and edit the things. Quick and easy.

After a few more battles with other people FCing, it has been decided by those other FCs that NSC wants to make a V2 doctrine
a) You go and edit things without asking me, which in turns pisses me off, and mean words are exchanged.
vs
b) You make a copy and modify doctrine, designated appropriately as V2, and ask me to remove mine when I am done running it. No hard feelings, more fleets for everyone.

After a few more battles with other people FCing, it has been decided by those other FCs that NSC wants to make a V2 doctrine
a) You spend 5 clicks to remove me from group.
vs
b) You spend 5 clicks to remove me from group.

tl;dr if you aren't willing to trust and give your FCs power over their fleets, then they won't do things the way grumpy irishmen want it done
Fargofargone

Post by Fargofargone »

You have some points there nuclear but the main issue I have is your not a experienced FC so I would give you access without you showing the willingness to organise fleets and show that you can manage them. Me giving you rights to the doctrine is me saying that your a solid FC who I know won't lead people astray. If you would have just link the fits that you wanted to fly plus give a description of it with then some comments and feedback from other NSC pilots I would give access for you to organised fittings and doctrines.
Sol Anti

Post by Sol Anti »

How about using your Shield Assault Frigate fleet?

http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopi ... 12&start=0
Mercenary, Graduate, former Mentor & retired NSC Officer
Apoth Gerrish

Post by Apoth Gerrish »

Merlin Fleet is noob friendly and super amazing. Replace with Blaster Harpys if you all have good SP. (Burst Logi + normal support is cool too):

I mean, you could try rail Harpys a la CFC but you need good numbers for them to be effective.
Fargofargone

Post by Fargofargone »

Yup that is one I will be adding as a ideal fit with other AF fitting linked that could be acceptable.

Rail harpies are already added but our numbers are to low for those ATM.