AAR 2020-03-01 22:00 Noobs Night in the Low

YooJin Moon
Retired Director
Retired Director

AAR 2020-03-01 22:00 Noobs Night in the Low

Post by YooJin Moon »

We had a good turn out for the fleet. Five newbros, (4) on first fleet and (1) on second fleet. We had an additional 8 in fleet by the end for a total of 14 including myself.

Roam Members (14):
Spoiler
FC - YooJin Moon
Scout - Segdae Aldurald
Scout - Flatline Kasenumi
Snowflake Scout - Space Warfare Development
Vanguard/2IC - Yto Itinen
Vanguard - Cyfer Juhl
DMG - Demetrius en Thielles
DMG - Trinity Trove
DMG - Nathan Blackmane
DMG - Marek Holmberg
DMG - Holden Andrard
DMG - Olakin Rethman
DMG - Triton Aster
DMG - Zairnix Onren
We got off to a bit of a late start as I wanted to thoroughly cover the new bro items. Thanks to the scouting crew and 2IC for ensuring everything got covered and for providing links as the briefing happened. Everyone in fleet moved very well and there were no stragglers or lost pilots. We did both yellow brick road and a bit of self warping with few to no issues. Everyone was quick to follow commands which saved many of us several times as we had to warp quickly off a gate to avoid incoming attackers. We did lose one pilot for warping to a FW plex a bit slow. They were caught on the gate by a Kikimora and chose to stay and fight versus sliding the gate with the rest of us (lesson learned I think). I promise my next fleet will form more quickly and move a bit a faster.

I got a bit lost with three scouts at one point. A scout ended up 2 jumps ahead with a tackle when I thought he was only +1. We had another tackle situation happening simultaneously and didn't get to the first scout who ended up donating a loss as a result (FC's bad). Placid/Black Rise was strange tonight. Lots of cyno ships out but not a lot of pilots in space. We got chased by (4) war targets from Eugales to Vey in a couple of Kikimoras, a retribution, and something else (don't remember) but lost them shortly after that and went on with our roam towards Akidagi first and then backtracked to go to Tama. We maintained a -1 scout for a while to ensure we weren't still being followed.

The scouts did an excellent job of finding what was out and getting tackles in addition to backing each other and providing eyes. We came out ahead even though the number of targets we tackled was low tonight. Anyone who was in fleet please feel free to provide any additional comments below in reply.

Kills & Losses

2020-03-01 23:44 Maulus +445,998.28 ISK https://zkillboard.com/kill/81989585/

The above was one for the record books. The pilot was tackled by our scout and then ejected from his ship and warped off!? The good news is that it was easy to hold until everyone in fleet managed to get locked and EWAR on it before we exploded it. As you'll see from the fit it was a dampening fit so I can only assume he expected to have friends warp in to assist him and wasn't expecting a fleet of 14. He didn't have guns or drones. Probably had a head full of implants though. Very strange.

2020-03-01 23:47 Maulus Navy Issue -23,188,965.54 ISK https://zkillboard.com/kill/81989628/

This was our two for one tackle scenario described above and a poorly attentive FC cost a scout his Maulus NI and the fleet what could have been another engagement.

2020-03-01 23:53 Slasher -7,362,375.87 https://zkillboard.com/kill/81989735/

This was a nice setup and the fleet was ready but so was the FNC waiting in the plex. Our scout couldn't hold up for the longish warp we had to the plex and the FNC got off just as we all landed. It was a good tackle by Segdae and maybe I should have sent the Vanguard into the system to be a bit closer for support. This Comet pilot hung around and we had a couple of additional trys to catch it before moving on.

2020-03-02 00:17 Omen Navi Issue +84,307,026.13 ISK https://zkillboard.com/kill/81990177/

We made a couple of runs at this ONI that was waiting on the in-gate of a Novice FW plex but it was too fast for us to catch. We sent our scout in to tackle and mid-warp the ONI would pull distance to 31km making tackle impossible. We were successful in making him flashy though so when someone else lit him up one of our scouts was able to get on the kill also. We're taking it as a win!

2020-03-02 00:21 Incursus +39,525,818.77 ISK https://zkillboard.com/kill/81990251/
Pod w/Implants +3,131,049.44 ISK https://zkillboard.com/kill/81990285/

We moved on towards Tama because this direction though slightly active had bigger ships, cynos, and lots of folks in stations. Our scouts managed to tackle this Incursus in a plex and the fleet was in warp to slide the gate when a Kiki appeared about 10km off the gate. Everyone slid the gate except for one pilot (see below). Scout held tackle on the Incursus and the fleet finished the Incursus off. Almost like clockwork. I suspect a possible Ky Hanoma connection with this one.

2020-03-02 00:22 Merlin -3,106,979.16 ISK

This was our pilot who decided to engage the Kiki that landed on the gate instead of sliding with the rest of us. Timing is everything. This pilot could have slid the gate but chose to engage. Blood lust can be strong but in this case cost a pilot his ship. Always follow FC instructions. Let mistakes be those of the FC. Nuff said and a convo with the pilot has been had for understanding.

It is about this point we began to suspect we had a spai in fleet providing info. to the locals. The Kiki began harassing and following us with a keen ability to warp off just before we landed. We made several attempts to grab him though.

2020-03-02 00:26 Slasher -3,337,944.90 ISK

Initial attempt on this Kiki by our scout. He had a friend...maybe an ex-unista alt with current access to FCC Slack? hmmm, not a complaint...just an observation ;)

2020-03-02 00:26 Merlin -11,469,693.73 ISK https://zkillboard.com/kill/81990334/

Our scout/2IC attempted a tackle on the Kiki but lost. Kiki was solo this time.

2020-03-02 00:35 Merlin -7,456,223.15 ISK https://zkillboard.com/kill/81990427/

We made way towards Tama jumping into Kedama and as the fleet warped to to our scout on a deep safe I stayed for an extra tick to ensure everyone got off and got pointed by the Kiki who landed as the fleet warped off. I was hoping for a tackle and that the fleet could warp back but it was not to be. FC down. FC jumped into Tama proving intel to the 2IC who continued to engage in Kedama.

2020-03-02 00:43/44 (2) Slashers; (1) Merlin -15,470,673.21 ISK
https://zkillboard.com/kill/81990505/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/81990510/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/81990516/

Same darn Kiki pilot. Razor T I'm looking for you now! The fact that it is Pen is Out also pains me greatly. FC was reshipping in Nourvakaiken and then jumped back into Tama to provide eyes for the fleet to jump in. Everyone jumped into Tama and docked in Space Detroit to finish the roam. Some went out through Nourv to highsec, some went back via pod express, some took the long pod round leaving ships in Tama for the future. Though our scouts put in tons of effort and experienced some losses we only lost (2) of the new bros the entire fleet. A credit to classes and mentoring in the Uni.

As my first official FCC fleet I learned a lot about engagement profiles. Having experienced scouts makes things easier. For my next fleet I wouldn't change much besides pace. A faster pre-fleet briefing, moving faster from system to system where nothing is out to play with. Otherwise, no changes. Great group of pilots! Thanks for coming out to fly with me o7

Kill Total: +127,409,892.62
Kill Loss: -71,392,855.56
Total ISK Positive: +56,017,037.06
Efficiency = 56%
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Cyfer Juhl

Re: AAR 2020-03-01 22:00 Noobs Night in the Low

Post by Cyfer Juhl »

Just want to say thanks to Yoojin, Yto, scouts and everyone who was in fleet. Was a good time and I look forward to flying with this fleet again in 2 weeks. Yoojin was thorough and explained everything very clearly for the newbros. Seems like a perfect fleet for beginners looking to get their feet wet and learn how to fly in a fleet. This is the kind of fleet that makes me glad I returned to E-UNI after a long hiatus.

Thanks again o7
Cyfer Juhl
Trinity Trove

Post by Trinity Trove »

Great Fleet, YooJin! Since this was my first fleet, I felt the pace was perfect TBH. Really helpful on explanations and easy to follow directions from FC. I feel a little less anxious about going on another.

Thanks again and had a great time! Looking forward to more :)
Olakin Rethman

Post by Olakin Rethman »

Also my first fleet, and paced perfectly for me, especially at the start. The briefing made all the difference as I was nervous about doing this. Thanks very much to the FC, 2IC and scouts, it definitely increased my appetite for more.
Celine en Chasteaux

Post by Celine en Chasteaux »

Great to see so many newbros take part!
Tiramisu Enjoyer
Holden Andrard

Post by Holden Andrard »

Great fleet and event YooJin! The pace and explanation was just right given almost half of us were newbros. I was originally only going to stay for an hour, but I was having a blast I totally ignored the time :D. The entire fleet was friendly and approachable, especially when I confused align with warp.

Thanks to everyone taking part! See you all in the next fleet.
Segdae Aldurald

Post by Segdae Aldurald »

Fun fleet, and happy to scout for you. I'm starting to learn what info you want from your scouts as you have a more casual method than others I've scouted for.

A few thoughts:
First one is for me. Point + web beats Point + scram as it can be used both offensively and decisively. I need to scatter more of my favorite slashers throughout placid and black rise.

Vanguard should have had point instead of scram. Makes transferring tackle quicker.

I should have called for vanguard on the FNC, but as we had a lemming (newbro) I didn't want to spike the system, and didn't figure on getting scrammed so quickly. Normally I can burn to range before they manage so figured I should be able to hold long enough.
Nathan Blackmane

Post by Nathan Blackmane »

It was a very funny fleet. I managed to put in practice some tips on D-SCAN Yto Itinen and Asuka Rossi gave me last time with them.

Looking forward for the next one. Thank you again everybody.

Nathan
YooJin Moon
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by YooJin Moon »

A few thoughts:
First one is for me. Point + web beats Point + scram as it can be used both offensively and decisively. I need to scatter more of my favorite slashers throughout placid and black rise.

Vanguard should have had point instead of scram. Makes transferring tackle quicker.
Good points Segdae. Thanks for sharing them. I will keep this in mind for the next fleet. I think we had (2) Vanguards and one had a scram and the other a web. Maybe I need to add another hull type to cover the VG role? Something faster with enough slots to have both a point and web.
ImageImageImageImage
YooJin Moon
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by YooJin Moon »

The entire fleet was friendly and approachable, especially when I confused align with warp.
Holden, your secret was safe until you shared honestly ;) All good, now you know. Doing is the best way to figure it all out. I suspect since none of the scouts called you out that you were good about holding gate cloak which is the only solution once committed. You also didn't lose a ship as a result so nothing to worry about. Next time though you'll have to sing the "lemming song" :D
ImageImageImageImage
Vorkan Dosja

Post by Vorkan Dosja »

There is a "Lemming song"?
Titles Trainer

ImageImageImageImage
Gergoran Moussou

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

Vorkan Dosja wrote:There is a "Lemming song"?
There is, but it seems to be an old Uni thing from before I was ever in E-Uni.

Back in July, a Fweddit roam out of LSC with a few lemmings got the FC from Fweddit to reintroduce it because it was around when he was in the Uni (and the FC had been in WAFFLES between E-Uni and Fweddit).

Last night, Fweddit's roam out of HSC had some other guy from WAFFLES tagging along and a different ex-Uni Fweddit guy organizing it brought it back because the WAFFLES guy lemminged a few times.

Source: I am "some other guy from WAFFLES" and I lemminged. Archemide saved it when William Lyon Mackenzie brought it back again.
9th CCI medalist

Ky Hanomaa

Post by Ky Hanomaa »

It’s an old tradition where whenever someone lemmings, FC will request that they sing the Lemming Song

The song goes as follows:
Spoiler
I’m a little Lemming
short and stout,
When I jump the gate
I think I’m a scout,
When I’m spiking local
Tackle shouts:
”Stupid Lemming - get the hell out!”

The melody is the same as “I’m a little Teapot”
Not sure if this is a Uni only thing though as I’ve seen a very small number of people outside the Uni practice this at times.
Former Assistant FCC Manager
Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image
Vorkan Dosja

Post by Vorkan Dosja »

Either that or it spread from Uni. We've had many pass through our hallowed halls at one point or another! Also, I will aid in it's spread.
Titles Trainer

ImageImageImageImage
Milspecc

Post by Milspecc »

Ky Hanomaa wrote:It’s an old tradition where whenever someone lemmings, FC will request that they sing the Lemming Song

The song goes as follows:
Spoiler
I’m a little Lemming
short and stout,
When I jump the gate
I think I’m a scout,
When I’m spiking local
Tackle shouts:
”Stupid Lemming - get the hell out!”

The melody is the same as “I’m a little Teapot”
Not sure if this is a Uni only thing though as I’ve seen a very small number of people outside the Uni practice this at times.
This is better than the Shaffer jingle (US Beer company commercial from the (?) early 70's where a rookie for the company has to get in a keg and single the Shaffer jingle).