Gideon Mastracci - Tristan
Jeracho Dorne - Tristan
John Juulianos - Tristan
Marv Edwoods - Tristan
Squin Ti - Tristan
Tolerin Escipion - Tristan
Yto Itinen - Tristan
Zairnix Onren - Tristan
We had Stay Frosty contact us to set up a frigate fight and I agreed to a 10vs10 brawl. I feared we would have more people so maybe we would field two teams, one at a time. Instead we got the numbers for one team and one replacement.

The doctrine I picked up was a bricky dual tank Tristan, a very versatile powerhouse in solo fights. It's very easy to skill into and in expert hands is a great fighting machine, I was curious to see it in a fleet setup. The aim was to get positional advantage, let the droneball soften enemy blob before we get into facemelt distance. It has good tools to mitigate more kitey fits too, with good drone range and application. We could neut and use guns on the offensive and use the armor repper on the defensive. Warriors were there to counter kitey stuff/tormentors and Hobs were there to clear brawlers.

Form-up was a bit long, and instead of using it fully for practice, we had to wait for fleet members to trickle in until the time of the fight.
Nonetheless we had a long prep speech, highlighting the fleet movements, what is expected out of each pilot and we did the overview setup and pre-flight checks.

Kills and Losses
(21:11:13) Ouelletta
Tristan -13.18m
Slasher +19.86m
Tristan -13.14m
Slasher +19.85m
Tristan -13.13m
Slasher +19.84m
Tristan -12.38m
Tristan -12.56m
Slasher +19.83m
Slasher +19.83m
Tristan -12.69m
Tristan -12.51m
Tristan -13.2m
Slasher +20.27m
Tristan -12.87m
FIRST FIGHT
Fc&Fleet performance

Positives:
Good positional advantage, I managed to warp between tacticals at sun so that we landed within drone control range but decently far from the enemy.
Good target calls with good response from fleet with webs/scrams and DPS.

Improvements:
Bad drone call from FC, warriors were good for range but bad for damage type vs a shield tanked slasher. Forgot to call for the extra Hobgoblin launch: even if I had mentioned it in the prep speech, I forgot it myself but some fleet members did launch them out of their initiative.

???
I got shot by one or two "hostiles", even if the opposing FC were clearly marked between both parties as last target, causing me to get confused for a bit. I cycled my repper for a long time and those guys prob sorted the targets out/got reminded.

Individual performance:

Unloaded nanite repair paste/Hobgoblins in bay
Hobgoblins in bay
Hobgoblins in bay
Promoted
Promoted
Promoted
Promoted
Hobgoblins in bay
Hobgoblins in bay
10th Tristan Bounced

Overall, I think the first fight was great, the enemy fit was good but not extraordinary, we droneballed for a bit and got good results, killing 7/10 of the opposing fleet.

(21:32:28) Ouelletta
Tristan -14.23m
Tristan -12.67m
Slasher +18.86m
Tristan -12.67m
Slasher +18.86m
Tristan -12.62m
Tristan -12.56m
Tristan -12.67m
Tristan -11.33m
Tristan -12.65m
Tristan -12.65m

SECOND FIGHT
We reshipped and had one switch, I had 10 ppl in fleet when we broke gatecloak, but only see nine tristans down...prob 10th bounced.
Fc&Fleet performance
Improvements: Fc tried to play the 200IQ ping game again after the success of the first time, but borked the 3rd fleet warp. Tried to burn since I was 148 km from fleet and most of the fleet warped to me safely, but one pilot got tackled. We warped to him, losing both him and the positional advantage...

Positives: Fleet reacted well to FC mistake, made good calls for web and scram.

Individual performance:

Tackled/Cycled reps
Alphae'd
Alphae'd
Cycled reps
Cycled reps
Alphae'd
Cycled reps/?
Cycled reps
Cycled reps
10???

Overall, the second fight was quite harder, as the enemy fit was decently solid to counter our armor rep by power of alpha. Our only hope would have been fragging at least one or two enemy ships before they could get into range and reduce their intitial alpha. Failing to do that, we started 9vs10 in a bad position and got cleared by arty volleys.
PROS
The fit showed a solid, versatile performance, we can build upon it.
We acted well as a fleet, punching up with new pilots and less SP.
Looking forward to making this a semi-regular event.
Good cross-campus contamination, both LSC and HSC showed up!

IMPROVEMENTS

We took a long time to form up, wonder if we should move it later by half an hour.
Fit is great as a solo ship, needs less micromanagement for a fleet fight. The more buttons you have to push, the more mistakes you make!
Will remind people to actually come back after a bounce, someone spent a full minute trying to repair while battle was raging.
Consider the invdividual performance rating not as a count of mistakes, but a list of things we will do better next time!
Thanks to everyone who showed up, we had a lot of fun and fought a good fight! I hope to fly with you next time!
Until then, fly dangerous!

Yto Itinen
ImageImage
ImageImage