[AAR] 2020-02-17 Golden Horde Punishers / Inquisitors LowSec

Nienke Solette

[AAR] 2020-02-17 Golden Horde Punishers / Inquisitors LowSec

Post by Nienke Solette »

Holiday week for me. Moar fleets, moar pew-pew! So, the fleet's mission: have fun, pew-pew, moar fun, moar pew-pew and learn a bit.
For people who don't know my AARs: they are quite detailed, often contain videos and are usually quite long. Feel free to just read the TLDR + overall evaluation.

This AAR contains videos of the fights. If you have any problems with the recordings, please let me know by a direct message. This time, I will separate my comments on the fights from before watching back the recordings and after. The TLDR and overall evaluation will cover both my comments from before and after watching the videos.

Roam members (21)
Spoiler
AL Enstein - Inquisitor
Analee Tsasa - Magus, Bifrost, Kestrel, Federation Navy Comet, Hawk
Asuka Rossi - Slasher
Azrael Feanorian - Punisher
B'aldrick Aivoras - Punisher, Retribution
Christoph Patrouette - Crucifier
Coolio Enderas - Punisher
Flatline Kasenumi - Maulus Navy Issue, Slasher
Gideon Mastracci - Punisher
Klaxis Archimedes - Inquisitor
Nathan Blackmane - Punisher
Nienke Solette - Punisher
Shauny Tsero - Inquisitor
Squin Ti - Punisher
StuMzaLu - Punisher
Terminated - Punisher
Tolerin Escipion - Inquisitor
YooJin Moon - Punisher, Thorax
Yto Itinen - Punisher, Slasher
Zairnix Onren - Punisher
eoiles - Hyena, Corax
TLDR
The fleet size was awesome, thanks all for coming! We took almost 4 hours to suicide ourselves in a big ball of fire (with some detours) in a gate-camp in Valhalla (Tama). The initial fleet composition was 4 Logi, 2 scouts (MNI, Slasher), 12 DD, 1 booster/boosher (Magus) and 2 EWAR (Crucifier & Web-Hyena). 5 unistas were newbro or <= 2 fleets with me as FC. Great to see new faces on my fleet! We had two proper/longer fights. The first one was the usual content with Buntspecht (ad-hoc arranged), which we won mainly because of a numbers advantage. The second fight was an interesting catch where I hoped to get more blingy kills (e.g. Omen Navy Issue, Federation Navy Comet) after a Vedmak takedown. Before the first fight, we practised booshing. After a Brutix takedown, we practised removing NPC points from fleet members in a Guardian Gala site. ISK positivity: negative but I don't care, because the goal was to have fun, try a new doctrine (for me at least) and learn. Mission accomplished.

Fleet preparation
Spoiler
The preparation was good, I had time to create and try a self-made checklist which worked great. I looked at my previous AAR and the doctrine page to refresh myself and get my head into the game.

Fleet support program was fabulous again with providing ships on contract at Eugales and reships at Ichoriya. At the start and at the end of the fleet I got two persons who offered their help with the Fleet Support Program and I redirected them to the production department. This time, we actually figured out the point/web/scram division ourselves with available modules. For the next fleet, I might want to put different fits on contract and avoid the hassle of bringing modules.

After undocking, we did a small practical class on booshing, which was great. I learned that you can only boosh 25 ships at a time and that drones are ignored in that count. \o/

I pinged Buntspecht that this fleet would be going out, they showed up and we had a great fight because of that ^^
Fleet doctrine
Spoiler
We used the Golden Horde Punishers / Inquisitors doctrine as mentioned on the FCC wiki. I chose to go with the blasters on the Punishers since I really like brawly doctrines and it was time for me to do a brawly fleet. The doctrine is especially good against a small number of large, slow ships or similar brawling fleets.

The doctrine is a bit like BLAP Merlins. Punishers are also brawly which makes the general strategy pretty simple: get in the face of targets as soon as possible, orbit at 500 and pew-pew. A difference with the Merlins is that Punishers are armour tanked instead of shield tanked. With the high amount of low slots the Punisher provides, this results in a high amount of effective hitpoints (EHP). The Punisher does not have a bonus towards a particular type of weapons, which means you can fit basically anything in the high slots, this time high-DPS close-range blasters.

Strengths of the doctrine are a huge tank, low signature radius and a good resist profile which results in a good application of Logi reps.
Weaknesses of the doctrine are relatively low speed and only 2 mid-slots. The latter weakness can be mitigated by dividing web/point/scrams across the DD squad before undocking, which we did.

The general strategy of the doctrine: use the Micro Warp Drive (MWD) to close range fast, then apply point/web/scram, orbit at 500m, decycle the MWD and start pew-pewing.
Kills, Losses, Fights
Video 1
Video 2 Credits: Christoph Patrouette
(21:30:31) Akidagi
Inquisitor -5.44m
Inquisitor -7.22m
Bantam +10.25m
Magus -103.01m
Merlin +7.11m
Maulus Navy Issue -27.3m
Inquisitor -5.44m
Griffin +4.77m
Hyena -45.55m
Bantam +8.94m
Crucifier -9.28m
Slasher -1.73m
Bantam +9.94m
Bantam +9.94m
Merlin +7.1m
Punisher -11.4m
Merlin +7.1m
Punisher -10.64m
Merlin +7.1m
Punisher -9.97m
Merlin +32.26m
Punisher -10.75m
Merlin +8.15m
Pre-vid comment(s):
Spoiler
Buntspecht was still forming up when arriving in Akidagi and communicating both with the fleet and another corp at the same time is sub-optimal. Next time I'd like to delegate this to the 2IC. We went into a small plex first, after which we let Buntspecht slide in. Since I knew we would be with a numbers advantage, I decided to burn a bit away from the landing spot to even the fight and the odds. I knew they were sliding in with Merlins/Bantams and mainly tried to focus on the Logi Bantams. Calling targets and broadcasts (both primary, secondary, tertiary and possible target switches) was good, because my focus was on that. I also kept track of the health of our Logibros, but since our reshipping point was one jump away I wanted to stay on the grid as long as possible (our number advantage and the fact that we were winning also supported that decision). I would like the Logi FC to talk over normal comms (not whisper) who their rep focus is on, even if I keep calling targets.
After-vid comment(s):
Spoiler
We might have gotten info about the fleet doctrine of Buntspecht if I asked the scouts to dig into the pilots of the Merlin, Cheetah, Retribution and Bantam reported 10 minutes before the fight. Now we knew the Merlin/Bantam doctrine about 5 minutes before, when Buntspecht undocked. At this point I recalled our vanguard and scouts to prepare for the fight in the small plex.
I knew beforehand who their FC was and did not inform the fleet about that. This time, my plan to let the FC alive as long as possible worked, but since there are often some people in a fleet who go after other ships than the primary target, I may want to explicitly tell the fleet to (not) engage an opposing FC.
Before Buntspecht landed on us on the gate we had a small discussion about which ships were the primary targets. The eventual fleet composition of Buntspecht was reported to be 7 Merlins, 5 Bantams, 1 Griffin and 1 Garmur. When they landed the discussion was still ongoing and I decided to cut it off and just go for the Bantams. The Garmur eventually never appeared on the grid at this fight. I'm still interested in your opinions on what to call as primary targets in this situation.
Target broadcasting was pretty good and I called to lock up other Bantams. Initially, our damage was spread out over three Bantams and they were able to take down 2 of our 4 Logi (including our Logi FC) before we were able to get one Bantam into armour. Two things might have caused this: 1) me not calling to prop-mod on or 2) our two Logis weren't anchored. After switching to a different Bantam and back to the original primary, I tried to boosh us, but unfortunately, our boosh was scrammed. All in all, a pretty bad start of the fight.
Then, the first Bantam broke (even without overheating) and we switched to one of the Merlins (other Bantams were 20km off). The Merlin broke pretty quickly, our scouts got point and web on another Bantam: the next primary. Since it was 20km out I called to anchor up again. Another scout got point on the Griffin and since the Bantam didn't brake, I called for a target switch. The Griffin went down pretty quickly and another Bantam was our primary again. We took down 3 of their Bantams pretty quick and went onto Merlin pew-pew until there were one Merlin, one Bantam and a Federation Navy Comet (which we didn't notice getting on the grid) left.
Now let's talk about positioning. At the start, I decided to charge in guns blazin'. Reason: we were blaster fit and I didn't know what the Merlins would have. However, I think that if we stayed in our position as one big blob, we might have been able to get a proper boosh off and our Logi reps would have applied better. Because of my non-existing prop-mod calls, the fleet got spread out too, which means a less effective damage application.
(21:37) Vlillirier
Capsule -0.01m
Pre-vid comment(s):
A newbro went into Vlillirier after the fight and got podded by a smartbomb. Maybe I wasn't clear enough in explaining what reshipping is in the newbro speech, will give that more attention next time.

After this, we had our first bio-reship-loot-break.

Video 3
(22:14:52) Enaluri
Maulus Navy Issue -26.91m
Bantam +7.64m
Pre-vid comment(s):
Our scout reported a Vexor Navy Issue and a Merlin, tried to catch it and died. Another scout was able to give a deshipment service to a Bantam. I'll have to watch the video for specifics though.
After-vid comment(s):
Spoiler
About the VNI and the Merlin: they were in a plex 38 AU from our in-gate. I was pretty late with bringing the vanguard and the fleet in the system and on the plex. This happens more often and I should care less of spiking a system.
When in-warp to the plex, reports came in of other scouts about other ships: one Algos, one Merlin, one Corax and one Bantam. Since our scouts were inside fighting the VNI, the fleet went inside the plex and I called the VNI primary. It was 50km from our landing spot which I thought was too far away. Furthermore, it already took one scout down and our second scout was disengaging. I called the Bantam primary and it went down. We tried to get the Merlin but it managed to get off. The Corax eventually never went inside the plex.
After this, FC directly went after the VNI without warping the rest of the fleet... Oops. I saw it warping off to the Jove Observatory or the NPC station and we tried again to get the VNI, but we did not catch it.
Video 4
(22:23:31) Enaluri
Gnosis +98.37m
Merlin +7.61m
Merlin +9.7m
Corax -14.76m
Merlin +6.36m
Slasher -1.61m
Scythe +19.38m
Inquisitor -6.68m
Capsule - Genolution 'Auroral' 197-variant -0.01m
Maulus Navy Issue -26.94m
Merlin +6.39m
Punisher -10.84m
Bifrost -108.83m
Vedmak +249.18m
Punisher -12.66m
Inquisitor -5.02m
Punisher -21.02m
Punisher -11.11m
Inquisitor -6.27m
Capsule -0.01m
Punisher -9.7m
Slasher -1.61m
Capsule - Genolution 'Auroral' 197-variant -0.01m
Punisher -10.7m
Punisher -11.71m
Punisher -11.43m
Punisher -9.23m
Punisher -10.12m
Capsule -0.01m
Pre-vid comment(s):
Second bigger fight of the evening. We had a Gnosis, a Vedmak, an Omen Navy Issue, three Merlins, a Scythe, a Caracal, a Prowler, an Augoror Navy Issue, a Griffin and a Magus in this fight to take down. It was an extended and spread out fight and I remember them not all being on grid at the same time. In the end, we couldn't take down the blingy ONI and Magus. The first one was an experienced pilot who didn't make a mistake with it's range control. The Magus was able to get off because of a Griffin jam in the end of the fight. We almost took down the Augoror Navy Issue but it must have been able to get loose of our point/scram? The video will clear many things up here. We did definitely took many losses to the ONI which we might have been able to prevent.
After-vid comment(s):
Spoiler
Just before proceeding into Hallanen, one of our scouts reported a Scythe and a Gnosis in the medium plex in Enaluri. We went in an took down the Gnosis, which was alone outside of the plex. Just before it went down, an Omen Navy Issue warped in at 60km distance, not shortly after followed by five Merlins at 6km. Since one of the Merlins was close and flashy, I called this one primary. After applying tackle, a Scythe warped in at 25km and a Vedmak at 55km. We took down four of the Merlins before we had to get tackle on the rest of our targets, who were at 30km+ distance. I was willing to play the cat and mouse game and we were able to catch the Scythe relatively quickly.
At this point, I could do two things: go for bling or warp off and be happy with our kills. Of course, I chose the first option. The initial primary was the Vedmak, but it was quick and got distance fast enough. We went back to hunting the Merlin and took it down. While the fleet was going for the Merlin and the ONI respectively, a fleet member got web on the Vedmak. I told someone with a point to bounce and warp back for the Vedmak while the rest was focussing on the ONI. Like the Vedmak, the ONI was too fast. During our game with the ONI, someone got point on the Vedmak. Despite it being 100km away, I called it primary and told the fleet to overheat the prop-mods.
Only with watching the video back, I noticed the boosh opportunity which was beautifully utilised by our boosher. Big compliments to that one!
After the boosh, a hostile Caracal landed and FC had to bounce because of the ONI damage. I called 2FC to take over, but the fleet took enough initiative itself to take down the Vedmak and go for the ONI after.
When FC bounced back, the Caracal was gone and the fleet was still fencing off the ONI while some fleet members looted the Vedmak wreck. The ONI managed to take down one of our Punishers before an Augoror Navy Issue landed on our plex, approximately 70-100km distance (the fleet was pretty spread out). I called to anchor up while one of our scouts got scram and web on the ANI. When our scout had to bounce, we were applying multiple points and webs to it. At this point, the fight got a bit ugly.
Another Magus landed and the ANI did put out some heavy damage, neut pressure and got quite some armour self-reps going. Furthermore, the ONI was still sniping off fleet members and we were down to only one Logi, five DD and one Scout. FC had to bounce again and asked the 3IC to take over (2IC was already down). ANI was kept primary (maybe the Magus was the better option, opinions on that one?) and when FC bounced back to the gate after repairing, we had five DD and one scout left. Unfortunately, the ONI and the ANI were too much for us and our numbers were quite efficiently reduced when FC went down. When there were two left, I called to scatter.
After this, we had our second bio-reship-loot-break.

Video 5
(22:55:47) Pynekastoh
Brutix +80.14m
Pre-vid comment(s):
We found a Brutix already in hull in a Guardians Gala site. The fleet went in and took it down and mined salt. After that, we had great practice in defanging point/scram from NPCs. A fleet member applied some water to dissolve the salt a bit later, as did FC after the fleet.
After-vid comment(s):
The video speaks for itself. Only thing I want to add is that a certain fleet member can be pronounced the same way as a Huginn...

Video 6
(23:10:31) Kedama
Kestrel +5.58m
Capsule +0.01m
Pre-vid comment(s):
Our scout found a newbro in a Kestrel. We took it down and could practice alpha-ing a target. Still, not everyone went on the killmail, despite me trying to let everyone get point/scram/web... Maybe someone can explain how this works?
The fleet had no mercy by the way and also podded him. Recruitment mail sent out and reimbursement ISK sent.
After-vid comment(s):
The video speaks for itself. We had spais in our fleet, Logibros were repping the pod. \o/

(23:14) Kedama
Kestrel -9.49m
Pre-vid comment(s):
Not sure what happened here, but I think some of our scouts were looking for content and were assessing possible bait? Ah well, someone from the fleet warped to our scout and got blown up, if I remember correctly.
After-vid comment(s):
Hmm, kill happened before one of our scouts wanted to combat-scan an Industrial Cyno to look for content / our big ball of fire. The Kestrel pilot did mention what was on the Cyno, so it probably died to that?

Video 7
(23:38:08) Tama
Federation Navy Comet -26.67m
Pre-vid comment(s):
FC was slow in cold-warping everyone off-grid when a Machariel was on-grid and yellow-boxing us. A prime example of me not knowing a Machariel can snipe squishy stuff. Now I know, won't happen again.
After-vid comment(s):
Yeah, the video speaks again for itself. It even almost got one of our Logi.
The scout almost caught a Federation Navy Comet inside a Small plex, but a Griffin got lucky with ECM-ing our scout. Sad...

Video 8
(23:50:02) Tama
Punisher -9.85m
Hawk -43.58m
Retribution -59.96m
Thorax -44.86m
Punisher -10.33m
Punisher -9.95m
Punisher -9.79m
Inquisitor -7.51m
Capsule -0.01m
Punisher -10.71m
Capsule -0.01m
Pre-vid comment(s):
We knew about the gatecamp on the high-sec gate in Tama. I decided to give the fleet the option to 1) dock up their ship for later reshipping or 2) join me in a suicide mission into the gatecamp for moar balls of fire. Most of the ones who were left in the fleet at this point chose the latter option and we had fun trying to get anything down. Yay for more balls of fire! \o/
After-vid comment(s):
Hmm, I was in a desparate suicide-modus. Our scout broadcast a POS with a Tanathos tethered to it and I decided to warp to 0. Instead of engaging the Thanatos, I decided to die in the gate-camp flashing all over the overview ^^

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 603,039,268.01
ISK Lost: 807,757,197.37
ISK Delta: -204,717,929.36
Efficiency: 42.744%

Abyssal Mods Looted: ~65M

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    - We learned, had fun and did pew-pew. Mission accomplished!
    - A boosh check at the beginning of a fleet (in the undocking system) is a great learning experience, this caused me to call for it in the first fight in Akidagi and a real good usage by our boosh pilot during the bigger fight in Enaluri.
    - Great learning moment in a Guardians Gala site where we got rid of NPC points and stayed alive
    - I created and used a checklist with T-minus times which works pretty good
    - First time as FC that I made it into Valhalla. Great success \o/

~~ (Meh... stuff)
    - Communicating with both the fleet and another corp/FC is sub-optimal. Next time I would like to delegate the other corp/FC comms to 2IC
    - Newbro speech can be expanded with reship info
    - I'd like my Logi FC to 1) actively call who the Logi-squad is repping and 2) know the primary rep-targets: FC, Boost, Fellow Logibros. I need to inform the Logi FC about this before undocking
    - Not everyone was on the Kestrel killmail in Kedama. I'm now not sure if point/web/scram only gets you on kill-mails...

(Negative stuff)
    - FC underestimated the sniping potential of a Machariel. Oopsiewoopsie...
    - No prop-mod calling in the first fight in Akidagi
    - Creating recordings for AARs take up a lot of time I'd rather spend on fleets. Any suggestions on reducing the time needed?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Re: [AAR] 2020-02-17 Golden Horde Punishers / Inquisitors LowSec

Post by Taylor Moon Mahyisti »

As the Punisher has no damage bonus to a particular weapons type (only a capacitor bonus for lasers) it can be fitted effectively with any weapons system
no no no! such degeneracy... you're lucky my loki was on cooldown (that's what i call it when i whelp one and have to retrain the skills)
is on a par with most T2 frigates (for around a fifth of the cost)
what. i hope that was written years ago before ADCs were introduced and the AF speed buff
Vorkan Dosja

Post by Vorkan Dosja »

Nienke Solette wrote: - Creating recordings for AARs take up a lot of time I'd rather spend on fleets. Any suggestions on reducing the time needed?
Who are the videos for? If they're for you, keep doing them. If they're for us, how much engagement are you getting? Do you think that's worth the effort?
Nienke Solette wrote: We found a Brutix already in hull in a Guardians Gala site. The fleet went in and took it down and mined salt. After that, we had great practice in defanging point/scram from NPCs. A fleet member applied some water to dissolve the salt a bit later, as did FC after the fleet.
I learned the hard way last night about the point/scram/webs in Gala's. I jumped in after someone, and the NPC's spawned on me... I couldn't get all the points off before I went *POP*.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/81761927/

What does "applying water" mean? Why not use your freshly mined salt with some tequila for margaritas?
Titles Trainer

ImageImageImageImage
Nienke Solette

Post by Nienke Solette »

Vorkan Dosja wrote:What does "applying water" mean? Why not use your freshly mined salt with some tequila for margaritas?
In this case, calming the dude down, reimbursing with some ISK and sending a "Join the Uni" message (IIRC). ^^
But yeah, the rest of the fleet did certainly use the freshly mined salt for some (non-)alcoholic beverages to increase the fun-factor along our route into Valhalla.
Taylor Moon Mahyisti wrote:what. i hope that was written years ago before ADCs were introduced and the AF speed buff
Probably, the Fleet Command Course (FCC) is aware of the FCC doctrines and their wiki-pages out of date. I knew too, before this fleet, but already planned to use this doctrine. For the next fleet in ~1.5 week I'm looking for a skirmish cruiser doctrine, which can be flown by newbros as well as more experienced pilots. Any suggestions?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

Skirmish cruisers, I'd suggest Stabbers. Great ships, but a bit too fast and fragile to work like other cruisers.

If you want to go up in price, Osprey Navy Issue is another.

If you're looking for a nano comp, the standard low-cost cruiser is Omen Navy and Osprey Navy. Going up from there in cost, Phantasm, Orthrus, and Vagabond are all fairly common. I've seen nano Gilas on killmails but the only PVP Gilas that I've actually been in fleet with are Templis CALSF/Rekking Crew's and those aren't a nano doctrine.

Since you want something affordable for new players, I'd suggest going with Stabbers over nano.

Caracals are good, but you're probably going to run into problems holding tackle with most fits. They're the other T1 cruiser that can really do skirmish stuff. Omens aren't bad, they're just less effective than the other two (see also, their Tech II counterpart: Armor HACs are considered an obsolete doctrine for a very good reason, thoroughly outclassed by Muninns and Eagles, Omens aren't nearly as outclassed by their counterparts but the counterparts tend to be more effective). With Ruptures, Mallers, Moas, Thoraxes, you're there to slug it out and exchange volleys with the enemy.
Last edited by Gergoran Moussou on 2020.02.20 16:20, edited 3 times in total.
9th CCI medalist

Taylor Moon Mahyisti

Post by Taylor Moon Mahyisti »

Nienke Solette wrote:
Taylor Moon Mahyisti wrote:what. i hope that was written years ago before ADCs were introduced and the AF speed buff
Probably, the Fleet Command Course (FCC) is aware of the FCC doctrines and their wiki-pages out of date. I knew too, before this fleet, but already planned to use this doctrine. For the next fleet in ~1.5 week I'm looking for a skirmish cruiser doctrine, which can be flown by newbros as well as more experienced pilots. Any suggestions?
hm, let's see. as far as t1 goes i really like the barragekite stabber, if you can get a frigate gang to chase you in one of these you can do very nicely, it has great tracking for a kitey cruiser because of the autocannons instead of arty and still has good range. https://pastebin.com/U3sCVhgE

non-navy omen is also reasonably good. it loses some speed, a lot of tracking, a mid and the utility highs for straight dps, so you'd want to use it against bigger stuff. could also go with pulse lasers and just use scorch if you want better tracking. https://pastebin.com/tWe2h7EG

omen navy is a beautiful ship. it's an omen with better dps, speed and tank. this is the best navy cruiser for kiting, unfortunately the stabber fleet loses its range bonus for a tracking bonus so it kinda sucks. https://pastebin.com/Y0sEXGhn

orthrus is expensive but an amazing ship, being able to point people from 50k away before links is just incredible and it also gets a very long defensive scram from the same bonus. good application with rapid lights too and good tank https://pastebin.com/wDSWFeUz

vigilant puts out 800dps cold out to 22k+43k, that's almost battleship dps. and if you invest some bling into the web you end up with a 90% slow out to 18k heated which is great defensively. https://pastebin.com/MwqYp7B7

all of these are good if you dont mind having mixed tank, if you want to bring logi you can pick either shield or armour set of those but honestly id just go no logi, theoretically you should be able to run away from stuff if you're going down anyway
Yto Itinen

Post by Yto Itinen »

I think this has been one of the funniest fleets I have ever been to, and we managed to snatch victories out of the jaws of defeat several times :D

On the frigate fleet fight, I think a little bit of our chaos in turn threw our enemies off: by not focusing fully on one target we might have confused their logi and managed to power thorugh their reps. We got a grasp of our positioning by the end of the fight, which I count as a big win. I just notice that you have a bit of a tendency to call for anchoring a bit too often. It's a good position to default to, it's just not the best option in every situation. With experience you will balance it to the right point.

On the kitey stuff fight, we did quite well in terms of chosing the next target while melting the actual one: gnosis-merlins-scythe switches were textbook stuff and the fleet was excellent at passing tackle. I have no idea how I landed a web on a Vedmak while being on a punisher, but I suspect 50/50 skill and opposing pilot mistake. He also took so long to clear my tackle that points and scrams and fleet was booshed on top of him to give the killing blow. I take a bit of pride at engaging and disengaging twice the ANI and once the Magus, especially in an AB Slasher: I love that ship :D

On the Brutix/gala engagement, I guess we all learned a lesson in clearing points before fleet warps. Since we are watching your PoV, try to use the warpout tab less and the celestials down the line of sight of your ship:the second way helps you warp to something you are almost aligned to!

As for a kitey cruiser doctrine, beside some already valid suggestions you got here, we could try a RLML/HM caracal comp, but I think we won't find many fights for a comp like that in low...unless we want to go to null ;D

Fly fun!
Yto Itinen
ImageImage
ImageImage