Initiative members (6)
  • Atadar Yassavi — impromptu FC
  • Apo Bong — our coveted +1 and our savior from gankers
  • Cale Dallocort — a brave explorer of wormholes
  • Navarchos — from nullsec with love
  • Sophia Ligeti — the luckiest probe launcher
  • Titus Empire — +28.9% Morality boost
Fleet preparation
The turnout rate was surprisingly high. I expected to fly with 3-4 people but got 5. That permitted us to split Soli into 3-system chains and scan everything down very quickly. Navarchos tried to join us from the outside and almost did it through the nullsec pipe, but was popped in Y9G-KS. If he made it, though, I wouldn't even have any work for myself!

Phase I — Scanning down Solitude
Everything went rather smooth. We have quickly scanned down the entirety of Solitude, and our only Soli-related loss was Cale Dallocort's in a wormhole. While Sophia Ligeti made the day by being lucky and finding that H2H, I would like to reiterate the invaluable help of Apo Bong, Cale Dallocort, and Titus Empire, who did the work no less important figuring out the systems that don't contain a H2H wormhole. At the end of Phase I, Navarchos found the H2H entrance from the outside and made it to Gravity Well.

Phase II — Jita Run
After the H2H was found, it was decided that we should use it and make a Jita run. Sophia Ligeti joined in a Bestower, and Apo Bong kindly agreed to be the +1. His service was invaluable to the fleet, as we discovered a suspicious amount of wrecks during our trip through The Citadel. We managed to bring in more than 100 000 m3 of materials into Solitude.

Overall evaluation

(Positive stuff)
- The initiative is declared an epic win: we not only found a H2H, it was a H2H 5 jumps away from Jita
- 100-something thousand m3 brought in safely
- A newcomer brought in

(Learnings)
- We spent too much time between finding the H2H and commencing Phase II, people were getting noticeably bored. I think it's important to learn when to call it a day and switch op phases
- Lack of fine-grain control over the op led to unnecessary losses
- We should have prepared the insta-dock and insta-undock bookmarks
- Hauling ships and fits should've been put on contract beforehand
- Same goes for disposable WH scouting ships
- We lacked enough hauling contracts, we left Jita with over 30k m3 free cargo space
- Needs more integration with Ivy League Hauling

TL;DR
We found a wormhole and proved the split-scanning tactic to be very effective, afterwards we made a Jita run and brought a lot of stuff. Win-win.
Fergus Echerie
Title: Solitude Campus Manager, Graduate

Re: [AAR] Solitude Coordinated Scanning Initiative

Post by Fergus Echerie »

Firstly once again a great idea, Solitude exists through people finding ways round the challenges we have.

Secondly well impressed you struck it lucky with such a handy wormhole first time.

- Hauling ships and fits should've been put on contract beforehand
- Same goes for disposable WH scouting ships
That I can help you with for next time, will get something sorted out.

Hauling wise it's tricky because obviously there's no guarantee you'll find a H2H and if you do it might not be near anywhere useful. I like the adhoc nature of this, nearly always people needing something moved so keep it up :D
Solitude Campus Manager
Image Image Image Image
Celine en Chasteaux

Post by Celine en Chasteaux »

Fergus Echerie wrote: Secondly well impressed you struck it lucky with such a handy wormhole first time.
So true! The number of times I've scanned every highsec system in our patch of Solitude with no H2Hs at all is too many to count!

Glad it worked out well Atadar!
Tiramisu Enjoyer
Locke Gogiko
Location: Somewhere on Earth Prime, GMT based, but jumping all around from time to time

Post by Locke Gogiko »

Greetings Atadar!

For all my time in Solitude, I only found two H2H so far, and only recently. Great Start!

I hope you run more times this excellent initiative! BoB permitting I'll join

Fly Safe

Locke
Atadar Yassavi

Post by Atadar Yassavi »

Celine en Chasteaux wrote:
Fergus Echerie wrote: Secondly well impressed you struck it lucky with such a handy wormhole first time.
So true! The number of times I've scanned every highsec system in our patch of Solitude with no H2Hs at all is too many to count!

Glad it worked out well Atadar!
Locke Gogiko wrote:Greetings Atadar!

For all my time in Solitude, I only found two H2H so far, and only recently. Great Start!

I hope you run more times this excellent initiative! BoB permitting I'll join

Fly Safe

Locke
Thank you for your kind words! The "From Wormholes With Love" patch (Thursday) will bring increased connectivity in J-space, though, which may also extend to K-space. At least, it'll sure affect positively the number of H2W2Hs.
Apo Bong

Post by Apo Bong »

Hey sorry for posting late, I just wanted to say this was a great event and I learned a lot. One thing for future operations like this, might be to stress others to prepare for a successful outcome of the OP. For example, I didn't have anything I wanted to move from Solitude to a Trade Hub on hand, nor anything in mind that I wanted to bring over. That is of course a wasted opportunity for the participant.

Maybe include some ideas in the Initial post / calendar like:
* We are looking for a H2H near Trade hubs, if you have anything you might want to move, bring it ready to Station X. Have ships prepared you want to use to transport it, fitted for quick travel/defense / "here is fit suggestion".
* Think about what kind of stuff you might want to hoard at Solitude (Ships, modules, materials etc.)

Basically, I wasn't prepared for such a good outcome and had my stuff all at NSC, which was a problem and one of the reasons it took us so long to move.

Thanks for hosting this!