Marcel Eriker - Vexor
Mongo the Mechanic - Magus
Six Nyendi - Vexor
Sophia Ligeti - Vexor
Squin Ti - Vexor
Xyrin Bacard - Ashimmu
Yto Itinen - Loki, Exequror
Kills and Losses

Found 2 Procurers "ice mining" in lowsec, after blapping them (and making ourselves suspect) we returned to highsec only to jump into a gang camping the other side. Upon decloaking, Brock and I got aggressed which gave us limited engagement timers. For some reason I assumed that meant all of us could fight back so I called for links and damage. Unfortunately only me and Brock got limited engagements so most of us couldn't fight back and logi couldn't rep us without getting CONCORDed so we lost our Prophecy to the enemy gang and a Vexor (with red safeties) to CONCORD.

(22:52:53) Avaux, Aidart
Procurer +36.01m
Procurer +43.17m
Capsule +0.01m
Prophecy -73.08m
Vexor -31.89m

(00:18:27) QBZO-R
Mobile Small Warp Disruptor I +0.65m

We crossed the Paala-LXQ gate and LXQ stuff happened.

(00:27:54) LXQ2-T
Dragoon +5.63m
Incursus +4.5m
Ashimmu -93.73m
Exequror -29.46m
Exequror -29.46m
Vexor -28.63m
Vexor -40.66m
Vexor -40.26m
Vexor -33.68m
Vexor -30.13m
Capsule -0.01m
Slasher +5.99m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.84m
Capsule -0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 95,953,878.41
ISK Lost: 431,823,390.14
ISK Delta: -335,869,511.73
Efficiency: 18.181%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    (Negative stuff)
Last edited by Xyrin Bacard on 2020.02.09 03:39, edited 2 times in total.
Gergoran Moussou

Re: Rail Vexors 02-08

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

What's with the Vexor getting CONCORDed?

If you're going to write an AAR, you should try to put some effort into explaining the context of what happened. It's difficult learn anything useful just from looking at where the killmails occurred and when. It's difficult for you to learn anything from the experience if your entire AAR is just listing the kills and the efficiency ratio. That doesn't really provide enough information to constitute an actual AAR.

I know exactly what happened in LXQ, since I've both entered that gatecamp with NPSI (Jin'taan and Merc452 are the NPSI FCs who I've flown through that gate with, Jin'taan will be bringing a fleet through on Monday with free ships handed out, I highly recommend joining it) and sat on that gatecamp with Pandemic Horde, but it's good practice to explain the context for the kills and losses. It's not hard to figure out what happened when an entire fleet dies on what is usually the most heavily-camped gate in New Eden specifically because it's the system that its alliance directs non-blues to go to if they want a fight without risking a capital escalation.

What is more interesting, and less obvious as to the reason why it happened, is that someone died to CONCORD. That is a lossmail which an AAR should definitely explain. "We crossed the Paala-LXQ gate and LXQ stuff happened" is probably enough to explain what happened at the end, but that one in a High-Sec system with CONCORD killing the Vexor is one which is unusual enough that it should be explained in an AAR.
9th CCI medalist

Xyrin Bacard
Title: Freshman

Post by Xyrin Bacard »

Gergoran Moussou wrote:What's with the Vexor getting CONCORDed?

If you're going to write an AAR, you should try to put some effort into explaining the context of what happened. It's difficult learn anything useful just from looking at where the killmails occurred and when. It's difficult for you to learn anything from the experience if your entire AAR is just listing the kills and the efficiency ratio. That doesn't really provide enough information to constitute an actual AAR.

I know exactly what happened in LXQ, since I've both entered that gatecamp with NPSI (Jin'taan and Merc452 are the NPSI FCs who I've flown through that gate with, Jin'taan will be bringing a fleet through on Monday with free ships handed out, I highly recommend joining it) and sat on that gatecamp with Pandemic Horde, but it's good practice to explain the context for the kills and losses. It's not hard to figure out what happened when an entire fleet dies on what is usually the most heavily-camped gate in New Eden specifically because it's the system that its alliance directs non-blues to go to if they want a fight without risking a capital escalation.

What is more interesting, and less obvious as to the reason why it happened, is that someone died to CONCORD. That is a lossmail which an AAR should definitely explain. "We crossed the Paala-LXQ gate and LXQ stuff happened" is probably enough to explain what happened at the end, but that one in a High-Sec system with CONCORD killing the Vexor is one which is unusual enough that it should be explained in an AAR.
Sorry, I had to leave shortly after the fleet so I just left the AAR skeleton here until I got back to finish writing it.
Gergoran Moussou

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

Alright. My apologies if I was a bit blunt.
9th CCI medalist

Yto Itinen

Post by Yto Itinen »

First of all, thanks for the fleet Xyrin, there have been few Uni fleets bound for there, so this was a refreshing change!
If it were not for the server instability, we would have gotten even more numbers, so I'm looking forward to the next one!

As for the losec part, that was a detour I kinda brought upon the fleet, but the premises were good:
I had entered the system something like 45 mins before fleet undocked, and saw 3 suspects in local, and Loki, Stratios and Tempest on D-scan.
The two procurers were seperated, each one at a mining sig. After a bit of investigation, they turned up to be part of the same corp that had the most people in local. A Domi started "ratting", jumped to a nearby system and I followed. He tried to fight some rats on the gate, burned a bit too far to jump, waited there and then bounced to a celestial and despiked. I came back, now convinced this was a prime baiting operation and I fancied our chances: fleet was about 9 people, opposition in local was the same, their comp looked promising and fair to fight.
After the procs converged to the same ice belt, I got within scram range of them, and planned to bump the one aligned, and scram the other one.
Fleet was almost ready, but server kicked me out. I decided to repurpose this as a sort of logoff trap.
Flatline warped to sig, I logged in and fleet spiked: he tackled one of the procs, I was just in time to scram the other and both melted, bait tank notwithstanding! Their response failed to materialise, I called us being suspect and fleet headed to Hisec. I think there was a scouting miscommunication here, as their response fleet was on the hisec side of the gate. Fleet had jumped, and maybe we rushed a bit, because the opposition had a very clear aim: one target at a time, they wanted to fight us piecemeal. The best option would have been either burning back to the gate and jump losec again or a cold warp at a tac, anyone tackled still had the option to fall back to losec. After the bursts were up, the Prophecy had no chance to jump back again and we had to scatter. Sophia probably felt uncertain of which safety to use to help the fleet.

50% of the fights in losec are won and lost on timer mechanics and gate mechanics and it's sometimes a boring game of patience and planning until the gatecloak expires, I feel a bit guilty of causing a detour that was not planned and maybe failing to explain our options in time. A battle on the losec side would have been some top notch content, maybe another time :D

Fly fun!
Yto
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sophia Ligeti

Post by Sophia Ligeti »

Regarding the vexor that got concorded, that was mine, I'm not experienced in pvp and between that and the very fast pace of what was going on at the moment (I couldn't really make sense of a lot of it until we reformed) kind of forgot that concord is a thing lol, so I engaged a stratios on a gate and got blown up. Mind you, my safeties upon jumping the gate were yellow. I just noticed that it got in the way of shooting at that stratios and turned them red. Good experience. It got smoother after we reformed as I started catching on to how to follow instructions and also the fleet members took special care to make sure there's no miscommunication/misunderstanding of fleet orders, which I really appreciate.