Navarchos - Atron
Ogion Sparrowhawk
Sophia Ligeti
Squin Ti - Cormorant
StuMzaLu - Cormorant
Toma Heleneto - Cormorant
Vetch Benderesk
Yto Itinen - Cormorant
Overall a really fun fleet. Everyone did a really good job today. My idea for this fleet was to get maybe 10 people in Cormorants and kill ishtars and miners, but the fleet numbers blew anything that I thought about out of the water. I decided to go to Fountain and try to kill battleships and up instead.

Kills and Losses

(19:05:40) Z9PP-H
Atron -0.68m

As we were moving through Fountain an arty Loki decided to follow us. When it first landed on grid I was distracted by joking around and it killed a fleet member before I could react.

(19:15:49) RE-C26
Myrmidon +80.14m
Dominix +208.88m
Capsule +0.01m

First catch of the night. Scouts tackle a Domi in a Haven and I had the fleet come in. As we were landing a Myrmidon landed on grid which we quickly melted. Soon after the Domi died as well (the rats almost took care of it!)

(19:50:05) XJP-Y7, QV28-G
Malediction -46.12m
Confessor +72.1m
Cormorant -14.11m
Brutix +85.58m
Malediction -52.49m
Cormorant -14.16m
Cormorant -14.41m
Cormorant -14.97m
Praxis +225.21m
Sabre +81.7m
Cormorant -13.49m
Cormorant -17.34m
Cormorant -19.33m
Omen +35.95m
Cormorant -17.54m
Cormorant -14.37m
Cormorant -9.19m
Cormorant -17.4m
Cormorant -16.45m
Cormorant -13.48m

This was a two part engagement. After being chased by a Jackdaw response fleet I decided to head straight into their staging (not intending on coming back out). Scouts roamed a bit around the lower area of fountain below IGE. As we were moving through the pocket the scout called that a Praxis had jumped through the gate along with a Brutix soon after. As we burned to that gate, a Confessor aggressed the scout and I called for everyone to jump in and kill it. After killing the Confessor the Brutix jumped in and we were able to scram web it before it was able to crash. At the same time the Loki that had been following us decloacked and killed the scout when he tried to tackle it. As soon as the scout died, the Praxis jumped in and I called for fleet to burn at it and put all DPS on it. I didn't realize that the Praxis had smartbombs on it, but I don't think he ended up killing to many people.

The second part of the engagment consisted of me yoloing the fleet into the enemy to see how many kills we could get. They had an assorted kitchen sink of cruisers with a Jackdaw QRF following behind. We primaried the Sabre (Sabres ALWAYS die first) and nearly blapped it. After the sabre we engaged the Omen at which time the FC died. 2IC called for the fleet to engage an ONI that was one the gate and nearly killed it before we all died.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 789,566,878.54
ISK Lost: 295,547,990.89
ISK Delta: 494,018,887.65
Efficiency: 72.763%

If anyone has any tips or suggestions I would be happy to hear them :) I hope to see you all on my next fleet! I wonder what doctrine will be next....
Actually Ged Sinak
Retired Personnel Officer | Retired NSC Combat Officer | Retired Teacher | Retired FCC Staff | Retired Hauling Team
Graduate | Content Creator
Taylor Moon Mahyisti

Re: [AAR] Blaster Cormorants w/Ged

Post by Taylor Moon Mahyisti »

gfs

main fight video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljwWaRwU198

looking at the footage i could have killed yto if i had pointed, i guess i just forgot or something :(

bonus clip: snagged this init guy after you guys died, loki is best ship! :D --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3HPAWyimG8
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

10/10 will follow you into glorious NULL-Death again!
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Ogion Sparrowhawk

Post by Ogion Sparrowhawk »

Lol I was so close to decloaking you at first. Only 5k left :D Lucky! Thanks for the recordings - good music and nice perspective :-P

Thanks for scouting Mike! Glad you enjoyed yourself.
Actually Ged Sinak
Retired Personnel Officer | Retired NSC Combat Officer | Retired Teacher | Retired FCC Staff | Retired Hauling Team
Graduate | Content Creator
Yto Itinen

Post by Yto Itinen »

In 1985, a black bear was found dead form cocaine overdose in a forest in Georgia. The bear had eaten 76 pounds of cocaine, (worth $15 million) from a duffel bag that dropped from a drug smuggler's plane.
There was probably about a five minute window before he died where he was officially the most dangerous apex predator on any continent.
The spirit of that bear watches over us when we fly a Ged fleet, his furry paw guides our hand when we overheat, his cocaine infused breath shows us the way out of bubbles and his blood-curling roar inflames our spirits when we write gfs in local. Remember kids, drugs are bad, bears are good! Amen!

We fought, we laughed, we killed people, we crafted some spicy memery along the way. Thanks to Ged for taking the bears out of hibernation and thanks to Mike for dying, we can't get enough of that!

Taking bets on how long the fleet would last, yours truly typed "69". On the seventieth minute I was reincarnated in a clone bay in Amy.
For this I was given riches, trinkets and promises of a Ged corpse. Now I lay on piles of gold, surrounded by exotic dancers and yet the freezer is empty:
the void in there consumes me and I will find no rest until the promise is maintained!
looking at the footage i could have killed yto if i had pointed, i guess i just forgot or something
I have spent my friday night looking at footage of Taylor trying to kill me on several occasions while I mouth "now this doofus is gonna die" and yet I escape at the last possible moment: in this case my monkey brain was telling me to do frigate stuff on a destroyer, before I sobered up a bit and aligned out. I watched over the capacitor donut and I saw free webs: yeey, thanks for the warping help! So the question is, am I so 3l33t or taylor needs to invest in longer range gizmos? The truth lies probably in the middle:
Spoiler
Peace!
Yto
ImageImage
ImageImage

Taylor Moon Mahyisti

Post by Taylor Moon Mahyisti »

Yto Itinen wrote:
I
looking at the footage i could have killed yto if i had pointed, i guess i just forgot or something
I have spent my friday night looking at footage of Taylor trying to kill me on several occasions while I mouth "now this doofus is gonna die" and yet I escape at the last possible moment: in this case my monkey brain was telling me to do frigate stuff on a destroyer, before I sobered up a bit and aligned out. I watched over the capacitor donut and I saw free webs: yeey, thanks for the warping help! So the question is, am I so 3l33t or taylor needs to invest in longer range gizmos? The truth lies probably in the middle

neither really, you were in heated point range i just didnt activate it :P

interesting thing about webs, they have the capability to web you into warp BUT they can also mess up your align depending on the timing. you know how if you turn off your mwd while trying to warp somewhere it sometimes makes it take ages? that happens sometimes when you were already moving in a different direction and turn it off in a specific window while you're still turning. what happens is that you slow down so that you can turn quickly, then mwd turns off (or you get webbed) and now your top speed is lower. basically your turn rate is a function of your current speed divided by your top speed, but your current speed doesnt change when you get webbed, only top speed. so now you actually stop turning much and need to slow down again so that your new current speed is low enough compared to your new top speed to turn, which means in total your align can take much longer than your natural align time from stationary! so with this way you can use webs to delay people warping off, but sometimes you get it wrong and just web them into warp and look stupid :P

you can see that i did this to ky a little bit when i killed him, he moved out of point range so i waited a moment then put both webs on him to hopefully screw up his align and buy me the vital seconds i needed to land the killing blow (and also meant he was slower so better tracking). im not sure if he was aligning out at the time, but if he was, that might have been why he died. would like to hear from him and see