[AAR] Ninja Fleet w/ Ged

Ogion Sparrowhawk

[AAR] Ninja Fleet w/ Ged

Post by Ogion Sparrowhawk »

Short AAR since not much happened and we were caught in a DDOS attack.

The beginning of the fleet consisted of giving a short briefing of commands that differ from regular lowsec and nullsec fleets. After a short speech and a relitavely on time departure the fleet took a Thera connected to Etherium Reach. We roamed around for around an hour and a half, but the usual hotspots were empty due to DDOS issues during EUTZ. The most action we got was a Hyperion that warped back and forth from a structure a few times, but refused to come fight even though I said I would 1v1 him :( (even tried the ole invite to fleet trick).

On our way back to the hole we encountered a DDOS attack. Most of the fleet was disconnected and a few were stuck on gates. Those that where stuck on gates couldn't warp off and were killed by rats. Those that were able to reconnect and burn back to Thera encountered a Sabre on the Thera side of the wormhole; we lost one person to this camp. This is Ged's fault since he was unable to scout the wormhole before those that were connected got to it.

Overall not the best fleet. Due to the DDOS attacks not many ratters and miners were out. In the future, I plan on making sure we find a connection to somewhere like Fountain, Delve, or Aridia so that we are guarenteed content.

If anyone lost a ship to a DC be sure to submit a ticket to CCP to get your ship refunded (https://support.eveonline.com/hc/ru)
Actually Ged Sinak
Retired Personnel Officer | Retired NSC Combat Officer | Retired Teacher | Retired FCC Staff | Retired Hauling Team
Graduate | Content Creator
Drebin 679
Coordinator
Title: Freshman

Re: [AAR] Ninja Fleet w/ Ged

Post by Drebin 679 »

mmm we could've gotten that MTU kill if not for the DDOS attack :p.

I threw the fleet log into the AAR tool, and this is what it spat out (alongside some additions).

Roam members (7)
Spoiler
Danny Algaert
Drebin 679 - Nemesis
Freyja Satuntytar - Purifier
Ged Sinak
Gibson Thunderbird - Nemesis
Kardoon
Ogion Sparrowhawk
Kills and Losses

Freyja was caught on a gate with rats on it. He was unable to jump despite not having weapon timers, and was summarily munched up by rats. Much like the gate, the kill report did not function correctly, and had no attackers.

(03:55:51) 0S1-GI
Purifier -57.11m

Falling Snow was able to rescue the loot. I personally got caught later with a different but similarly non-functional gate, but was able to warp off before the rats ate me up.

(04:15:03) Thera
Nemesis -74.1m
Ogion Sparrowhawk wrote:Those that were able to reconnect and burn back to Thera encountered a Sabre on the Thera side of the wormhole; we lost one person to this camp. This is Ged's fault since he was unable to scout the wormhole before those that were connected got to it.
Before this point Ged, I believe you called that you were just going to safe log and wait the attack out. I at the very least followed that lead, and so did a few others if memory serves correct. I do believe you told the fleet that everyone was on their own at this point. Perhaps it would have been best to have a tally of who was going to stay on and designate someone to lead the return trip back together. But to say plainly that it was your fault is giving yourself more blame than is due, IMO.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 0
ISK Lost: 131,213,654.49
ISK Delta: -131,213,654.49
Efficiency: 0%

One lost bomber to broken gates, and another to a Thera camp. Considering how the server churned and the game broke, don't think it turned out that bad!
Former Incursion Coordinator & Wiki Curator
Image Image Image
Ogion Sparrowhawk

Re: [AAR] Ninja Fleet w/ Ged

Post by Ogion Sparrowhawk »

Thanks Drebin! :heart:
Actually Ged Sinak
Retired Personnel Officer | Retired NSC Combat Officer | Retired Teacher | Retired FCC Staff | Retired Hauling Team
Graduate | Content Creator