[AAR] A fight between friend @ WHC

Zemballa Aideron
Title: Freshman

[AAR] A fight between friend @ WHC

Post by Zemballa Aideron »

The Stage
At around 1800 we had an unidentified ship jump through bacon. Scouts find out it is one of our old Fleet commanders Marcus Arilla in a saber. We fourm up to deal with the threat to find out Ana'ander Lamora has joined the blockading of egg in what we think is a tengu.knowing we don't have the we stop baiting and try to move on.

At around 2030 Tori Mollko get caught and Podded on eggs. We Need to check this act of aggression with force Zemballa Aideron calls for nano but using the building block to call it.

The doctrine
X2 ONI for anti-tackle take out small fast ship
X2-3 Harbs for the bulk of the firepower
X1 blackbird on standby warp in and out to drop locks

The Fight (UNI vs NOVAC)
UNI Warp to eggs at 20km so we can pull range and use our speed. Engaging on eggs giving NOVAC the advantage of being able to jump out but fighting that close limits our speed advantage.I made the call to stay alined to AZMO and try to pull them off the hole if NOVAC want to keep fighting UNI scores a kill off Ana but Zem is shoot down right afterwards with a few others. UNI reships and regroup to push NOVAC out by targeting the saber and fighting closer to the hole.

Lessons learned
I should have called in the blackbird this may have helped early. We should have been fighting on the hole since we are not in open space jumping out and in would be the same as warping off. I should have called for anti tackle to deal with drone not sabers. This was my second time FCing a fight and the second time being in nano I know this is no excuse. I will get better and i will become a nano GOD

BR
https://zkillboard.com/related/31000382/201912132000/
Marcus Arilia

Re: [AAR] A fight between friend @ WHC

Post by Marcus Arilia »

Going through it on our end.

Had a couple cloaky Sabres and a Strat in Innu. Ended up catching an Epithal on a PoCo (Sorry Tori!). Saw the initial undock of 2 ONI, 2 Harbs, and a Blackbird. Cloaked up when we knew it was out of our league and waited to see if an opportunity presented itself. Saw Tori on Eggs and sent a Sabre that way and showed the Strat and went for him. Knowing it was likely kitey coming in I threw a bubble up to catch whatever came in. Started on Tori, he was within jump range so got ready to switch targets. Right about when Tori was at 2% (so close!) he jumped and one Harb and one ONI landed. the ONI was basically on top of me so I threw tackle on him and burned him down with the drones. By the time he was down the Harb was zooming around 35 km off and I knew we couldn't catch him so I hopped back into high sec. Ana died at one point in there too likely from the ONI.

Advice: always be careful warping a nano fleet to a hole at 0 or into a bubble, you become susceptible to tackle (as you noticed). Also, showing two ONIs and Harbs will usually keep a lone guy from engaging... but I wanted a fight so I just waited it out. More than anything it shows my biggest piece of advice for WH space... always assume someone is watching you...
Graduate xxxxxx Former FCC Staff xxxxxx Content Creator
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tori Moliko
Title: Graduate, Student Advocate, WHC Logistics Officer

Post by Tori Moliko »

Special kudos to you guys for waiting around for an hour-plus cloaked up. That's some good patience. Since we hadn't heard from you when I was out, I did think you had left, but it was no huge surprise to see you appear on my overview.

Earlier in the day I had seen Marcus's sabre alt landing on *Eggs and jumping in. We tried to entice a fight in a few ways and got Ana decloaked, but we got no takers on a fight. I don't think we were specifically aware of the strat during the first part of the day, but we did assume you were there.

Ana, Marcus, and I had a nice time catching up in a chat, I went and picked up some kids, and I came back more than an hour later to finish an ill-fated PI run. (For all the epithals I fly around Innuendo, it's been an awfully long time since one got caught.) I think I had a few seconds where I could have warped out if I had flown better--I cleared the bubble for a moment before you rebubbled and I think I was aligned at that moment--but I was happy to have gotten my stuff back into the poco before the explosions started. The thought process was something like, "OK, how far am I from the edge of the bubble? Oh, I'm out! Warp, Warp! Oh, too late, slowpoke. You're bubbled again." I don't think there was anything else I could have done after missing that opportunity.

The epithal was an alt, so Tori was still available for the fight we had been hoping for earlier in the day. I grabbed an ONI, headed to a safe, and saw you at the sun. We probably should have staggered the undock to actually get you engaged when you were there. I headed over to eggs after you cloaked, assuming you'd come back that way, and I surely will never again time a jump as well as I did that one. It was indeed 2% hull.

If only I had thrown a drone or two Ana's way so zkill would reflect my presence in the system.

Anyway, I repped up at the high-sec station (I can't remember the last time I paid for reps -- thanks, WHC!) and then waited for Marcus and his alt to jump back into Innuendo. I reengaged the strat on .Eggs briefly, with the sabre visible on a perch. We had a miscommunication there: Zem was going to have the fleet warp to Eggs to engage, I told him that the sabre was off the hole, and then Zem canceled the warp until I said something like, "No, no, I'm still in a fight here, just not with the sabre." The crew resumed their warp in. As they landed, brave, brave Sir Marcus bravely ran away.

Presumably you guys are still in Innuendo, camping our latest Eggs. Just move back to WHC already. We have snacks.
Image Image Image Image Image
Marcus Arilia

Post by Marcus Arilia »

Ha I wanted to stay for round two, but being a lone Stratios would have made it quite a tough fight after losing the element of surprise. In all honesty, the real reason I left was we had a Corp thing that started going on, that’s why I was sitting on .Eggs for so long, seeing if I was needed. Was good fun, appreciated the fight.

Maybe we’ll come visit again sometime soon.
Graduate xxxxxx Former FCC Staff xxxxxx Content Creator
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ana'ander Lamora

Post by Ana'ander Lamora »

Yes, hopefully we will visit soon for snacks (if the snacks are more ships?) It was lovely fun to be back in innu again, miss you guys!

Also, I agree about holding back some ships at the sun, you want to lure people in I'd say.

@Zem - really glad to hear you are getting into FC'g and enjoying it. Keep it up!!