[AAR] 12/9/2019 Loki Loss

Nivek Rensir

[AAR] 12/9/2019 Loki Loss

Post by Nivek Rensir »

I was heading out from NSC campus to go hunt down a war target that had been reported doing PVE in high sec. That's when a number of problems popped up. Mostly my fault. Learn from my mistake. I jumped into a system and saw a sabre on the gate at 0. There was one other person on d-scan and i saw scanner probes out, so I thought perhaps they could be an explorer. Either way I didn't want to fight because I was on a mission and the benefit of killing a sabre didn't outweigh my loss. So, I aligned and hit my cloak. The sabre bubbled up. I was not in my interdiction fit at that time. i accidentally pressed the cloak button again and it decloaked me. Mistake Number 1. The sabre locked, no one was on dscan, and i took the fight. i killed him without any problem, but more than half my rlml missiles had been used and I hadn't begun reloading. Which takes a long time. Thats when the stratios appeared. I was still in the bubble and too close to the wreck I assume to move away and cloak in time. I didn't react quickly enough. So we began fighting. In hindsight I should have approached the gate and waited for my aggression timer to run out. But honestly I panicked a little and my screen angle was all wackadoodle. i used my remaining missiles on him and had him into half armor before I had to begin reloading. My X-Large ancillary booster just couldn't keep up before the missiles were reloaded. Then I popped. Great sadness, i had 15 kills on that Loki. However, I will try again. I was looking to change my setup anyway. I wasn't very happy with the rlml. While they are excellent at smaller ships, i just felt very vulnerable against larger ships. I think I will switch to hams next time and give them a try.

Loki:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/80367621/

The sabre kill was around 70m, but its not showing up on zKill for some reason.

A corp mate came in at the end and caught him and finished him off.

Stratios:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/80367666/