[AAR] how the mighty fall: the elimination of the Vargur

Rogue Ozran

[AAR] how the mighty fall: the elimination of the Vargur

Post by Rogue Ozran »

I was out minding my own business and Deimos Barret had to show up in and around HSC, namely JUF, he warped onto a member's procurer and tried to gank him with his cynabal, but with a fast response we chased him off and the member got away. Deimos then proceeded to get in his Vargur and play some chicken in JUF and then AMY he warped around a bit, jumping his eyes and himself off of 101 and the JUF gate in AMY.

having enough the QRF-FC called for combat cruisers on the gate to lock him inside AMY, the FC's bhaalgorn was also on grid for some cap pressure on a cap sensitive ship, two ships where stationed in JUF on the AMY gate for tackle (glad we did).

Deimos warps in

right at 0

mistake #1 - he engaged a fleet he shouldn't have on a gate that is ready for him

i call for a hold on engagement, exciment has some engage, no big .... works to my favour, I held any aggressive act in case he jumps so i can still jump through to JUF after him, he thinks we all had aggressed (or so i think), either way...

He jumps....

I order all available pilots JUMP JUMP JUMP, warp to the AMY gate in JUF!!! calling for points and primary on Deimos, I start neuting, he for some reason didn't bastion, not sure why, he said he didn't for some reason, oh well...

Mistake #2 he underestimated uni, he didn't use his bastion when he should have, he would have survived if he had.

we were still shooting, i had lost a caracal no big, reships are right here, lets push the point home.

tackle left the field for another bhaalgorn, good, more pressure and drones and hp.

Deimos, he's stuck in in a bad way.

you can see his repping, one ancillary cycle and then another, you can count them, he was pulsing them well, but was probably alternating them, that was the mistake, he ended up haveing to reload both at the same time, he said he did that on the accident, but i think it was more then just a reload both at the same time, no, there is more to it then that.

mistake #3 Deimos should have pulsed all his reps from one if he could have held dps and then when that one is reloading run the second, running bastion a bit sooner would have assisted in this process and he wouldnt have been stuck reloading both reppers at the same time.

either way we had 60 seconds to break his tank, and we did :D

he died, the darned Vargur went down

thanks all that gave a ship to this endeavor, thanks to all that helped, and for those that helped and weren't on the kill mail, thank you as well.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/80055595/
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Danny Algaert

Re: [AAR] how the mighty fall: the elimination of the Vargur

Post by Danny Algaert »

Regarding the reships being available, we had no BLAP caracals on contract except PC9. Were these in a corp hanger somewhere or were you just referring to ships in general bring available in Amy and Juf?

Edit: Super satisfying fleet to have taken part in. Enjoy your decisive FCing.
WHC Manager
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] how the mighty fall: the elimination of the Vargur

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

Well done Rogue! That is good thinking and execution there. He probably did click "reload all" to ancillary repper instead or just reload and hence two reppers began reloading at the same time. It is a very common mistake. But mistake or not , EUNI took the advantage and succesfully executed a good operation against a very dangerous target. Bhaalgorn is also good thinking to add neut pressure onto the Vargur. I also like the way you wrote your AAR. It relays the situation at hand and your thinking process. Well done o7. 8)
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage