QRF Against The Syndicate. 2019-11-17

Ievos

QRF Against The Syndicate. 2019-11-17

Post by Ievos »

QRF Against The Syndicate.:

(Re-located to the correct forum area)

QRF Members (20)
Spoiler
Randrick Miromme – Jackdaw/Caracal (in corp alt of Ievos)
Ergan Eto – Logi/3IC – Osprey/Griffin
Nienke Solette – Logi/2IC/2nd Squad Leader - Osprey
Hikaru Sakai – Logi - Osprey
Valeria Rammstein – Blackbird
Triton Aster – Caracal
Squin Ti – Caracal
Parrish Askiras – Caracal
Randrick Miromme – Caracal
Hikaru Sakai – Caracal
Mandapochefe Venture – Caracal
Shawn Olerie – Vexor
Cari Tulane – Caracal Navy Issue/Caracal
Helen Dorothy Sharman – Nemesis
manda doomsslayer – Maulus
Ergan Eto – Logi/3IC – Osprey/Griffin
Nienke Solette – Logi/2IC/2nd Squad Leader - Osprey
Hikaru Sakai – Logi – Osprey

While making “the loop” around the area of HSC, I stumbled upon (3) War Targets in Alentene. I followed them, barely a jump behind, for a couple systems and it became clear they could be heady to Juf/Amy. Miners/PVE’ers docked up. Within a few moments, it was confirmed they were en route to Juf/Amy.

The final number was (5) in system, and they were not just running straight through. Several of us attempted to narrow down where they were in system, and what ships they had. From prior D-Scans, it looked like 2x Praxis and a Exequror. They were soon found on the Amy gate in Juf and confirmed the ships.

Taking over as FC, I called for Caracals and Mauluses, with Griffins as secondary Sadly, with people spread out, and with (2) sitting right on the gate, I didn’t expect we could get everyone into Amy and reship properly. As a result, some people had more limited options. This may have been a poor choice (more on that shortly).

I was off the gate, at a fair distance, in my Jackdaw, watching. One of the WT’s (iSev7n000) reached out to communicate. Figuring I could potentially through them off who was FC’ing, I accepted the chat. They were actually fairly polite, though they did claim they were just mining. I played dumb, said I would relay whatever to the FC, and otherwise kept it distant but polite.

Round 1 – Fight!

They were split between sitting on the Amy gate in Juf, and (1) bouncing between tact’s. I attempted to split the ships, with my Jackdaw, and set-up to have ships from Amy and from Juf warp in to engage the ones on the gate.

I had Nienke Solette control the Amy side, and set up on the tac over the Juf gate, in anticipation of them jumping through.

My idea partially worked. I pulled (1) away, and they engaged. I believe they may have overheated their long point, as they got me further than I expected. I pulled distance, engaged, and called for everyone to jump in/to. People hopped in, and damage began to be applied. We started to break them, but the moderately disorganized landing, the lack of logi, and the less than clear plan (i.e. X is primary), resulted in several losses. This was further hampered my FC going down, and then the 2IC going down as well.

While we had the potential for people to reship and reinforce, the trickling in of ships was not going to be effective. I called scatter, and confirmed the enemy was off the gate as I was hopping back into Amy myself. They also had an MTU out.

Maulus- 1.17m
Caracal-13.61m
Caracal-19.64m
Griffin-00.89334m
Caracal-13.31m
Caracal Navy Issue-65.22m
Caracal-9.11m
Vexo - -17.03m
Caracal-13.36m
Caracal-24.76m
Jacdaw-62.26m
Exequror26.22m

Round 2 – Finish Them!
Regrouping in Amy 101, I called for (3) Ospreys, but for the fleet to remain the same otherwise. We still had cloaky/combat eyes in Juf, so we had an idea of what was happening. We almost lost an Osprey on their way into Amy, but Ergan was able to burn away.

Re-fitted and ready to take the fight, we headed to the gate. We validated what was on-grid, and roughly where they were. Nienke Solette shifted from 2IC to Logi IC. An alternate 2IC should have been decided, but we had a plan, with the MTU out we had a time limit, and we were helping some get reshipped.

The plan was: everyone jumps into Juf and holds cloak. I would mark primary/secondary/etc. I would call for the Caracals to decloak and anchor. EWAR follow suite and damp the enemy DD; Blackbird to jam Exequror, staying safe. Once everyone was engaged, logi would decloak

We jumped through, and the plan mostly went well executed. Some of the logi decloaked a tad sooner than was preferred, but otherwise it went on. We also had 1-person warp to the wrong gate; they were in the right ship, but stuck in Juf (concerned to follow after Ergan was almost caught). The benefit was, that person found a Drekavac at the Ansalle gate in Juf, moving to the Amy gate.

By the time the Drekavac landed, the fight was going in our favor, and that pilot opted to run; the Drekavac had no noticeable impact on the fight. We took down the Megathron, we were pushing to get tackle on some others, but we failed to keep it on any of the others.
The field was ours, and the loot was scooped. We watched d-scan and had some out of corps and some cloaked members searching for them.

Osprey-8.10m
Megathron332.03m
MTU28.733m (getting our stuff back)

As a side note, we may have found the out of corp eyes for Syndicate. This information has been forwarded on to the appropriate Diplomates.

Stats
Battle Report: Report
ISK Destroyed: 387,604,775.28
ISK Lost: 248,460,964.95
ISK Delta: 139,143,810.33‬
Efficiency: 60.9%
Loot: 376,592,755

Overall Evaluation

The Good:
- We managed to secure decent kills.
- We didn’t keep people docked up needlessly, but rather pushed for the PVP.
- People on our end were happy to participate and enjoyed the content.
- Round 2 went cleanly.
- No pods were lost in the making of this battle report.
-They seemed to actually be looking for a decent fight, not just looking to hammer our miners, surprise hunt our PVE runners, or aimlessly camp Juf.

The Bad:
- I should have assigned a new 2ic and 3ic.
- Perhaps I should have risked people running the gate, to get to Amy and properly form up
- We had someone take out a Caracal Navy Issue, vice a normal Caracal. This very well may have been just a mistake on which ship they grabbed.
- We missed out on more kills due to not getting tackle, or having tackle.

The Ugly:
- Round 1 was disorganized and should not have happened.

-Ievos
"Eye-E-vose"
Nienke Solette

Re: QRF Against The Syndicate. 2019-11-17

Post by Nienke Solette »

Devola Gestalt wrote:o/
props to all of you who picked up the fight !
Ievos wrote:- Perhaps I should have risked people running the gate, to get to Amy and properly form up
Assuming most of these people have their Medical Clone in Amy & clean clone: dock up anywhere in a station with a clone bay, exit your ship, suicide your clone. That's instant travel back to your home station at 0 risk, 0 cost (not even a jump clone timer).

I didn't learn of this trick until a few months into the game. Maybe it's obvious to everyone else, but I thought it was worth the post. Extremely useful when you're exploring far away from home and the QRF needs people fast.
Posting Devola's response on original forum post to preserve communication flow.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post by Nienke Solette »

Thanks, Ievos for FCing and organising this QRF.

Form-up from my side was messy, I had my thoughts entirely else and was tired because of multiple reasons. Note to self: maybe I should not FC when tired.

I only knew what we were up against when jumping the gate into JUF for the first fight. Devola's suggestion of destroying clean clones would have been an improvement, where possible. Then we would have a more organised form-up in 101. People stranded in JUF without clean clones would have to reship somewhere in JUF since the gate to AMY was camped. Otherwise, they may have been able to jump back to AMY during the first fight to reship and trickle in later.

I took over in the first fight when FC went down and primary was still a Megathron. Since we could not get it down with my/our first volley, during the mid-second volley I decided to switch primary to the Exequror. We took it down and went back primary-ing the Mega. Learnings: switch primary to Exeq earlier and afterwards scatter.

The second fight, I had the feeling our prep was better, comms were better and we had a decent plan (or I understood the plan) which could work. I wanted to keep the Logi cloaked a bit longer indeed, as Logi FC I should have communicated that more clearly. Anchoring went well, I need to remember the prob mod and sebo communication. I think I got primaried as soon as I uncloaked and burned away from the WTs. Logis did a great job of keeping me alive. When the WTs understood they could not break me anymore, they switched to Hikaru Sakai as primary. Our switch was too late and Ergan and I did not manage to keep his ship up. We did win a lot of time with this though, and our DD was good enough to take down one of the Megas.

Not having tackle was a trade-off for having enough DD or Logi. We lacked people I think to solve this problem, or we should have fit our Caracal / Ospreys with it, which I think again is another trade-off we were not able to take.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Yrgrasil »

additonal to devolas suicide option don't forget its still highsec, there is no bubbles and barely someone with smartbombs. So you can just gate over in a capsule if the own internet is not awful.

Fleet itself made a nice progression between the first and second fight it seems, good job.