(03:35:12) J152404
Hecate +65.35m
Harpy +46.52m
Kitsune +38.14m
Jackdaw +82.04m
Inquisitor +6.19m
Retribution +60.14m
Punisher +7.97m

The short story here: Savannah very nicely handed me a fleet fight on a platter. We won.

OpSec had appeared earlier in the night, perhaps to pounce on a bearing squad that was out and about (34 sites . . .) or perhaps to hunt someone else. I wasn't logged in at the time, but I had mumble open (as one does) and heard that we formed a light armor response fleet and they swiftly departed. Over the next hour or so, Savannah and the fleet hung around, and Savannah negotiated a dessies-and-below engagement.

Meanwhile, some war targets appeared in Eggs; a Bhaal and a Devoter were spotted, which was enough to get me an Urban logged on. The war targets escaped, we killed their drones, and we all went back to reship for the negotiated fight with OpSec. On our way to the engagement, Savannah asked for a volunteer FC, and I quite graciously assumed the mantle. (Everybody says so.)

Our increased numbers caused some concern for OpSec, who were initially reluctant to engage when we got up to 12 on grid (not counting our cloaky people). They had 8 in space and 3 in the forti, and ended up bringing 9. Bushido prevailed, one of them substituted an Enyo for a Magus, and we had a nice little brawl. Thanks for the fight, OpSec.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 306,355,207.92
ISK Lost: 0
ISK Delta: 306,355,207.92
Efficiency: 100%

(At Savannah's gracious suggestion we left the wrecks and loot for their pilots.)

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
  • Urban and Savannah took care of the Kitsune, which had managed to jam two of our logi.
  • Nobody on our side exploded. I don't think anyone on our side even got very nervous. Great job, logi.
  • We quickly worked our way through the ships they flew to us, with a pre-fight assist from Urban on target prioritization. (I was planning to take out their Magus first, but Urban suggested prioritizing their Hecate and Harpy to clear glass-cannon DPS as soon as possible.)
    (Negative stuff)
  • Two of them managed to jump out through the hole we were fighting on and escape. Ideally I would have looked for that and called for bumps or for some tackle to be on the other side waiting once the fight was in hand.
  • I was quite severely delayed in my pursuit of skill points in exchange for NPC kills. I still haven't killed them.
Image Image Image Image Image
Amoni Panala

Re: [AAR] Wrong Hole. Innuendo, that is.

Post by Amoni Panala »

Tori Moliko wrote:Thanks for the fight, OpSec.
This x100. After being told a couple times a fight would happen, I was beginning to think they were just stalling, but instead they undocked and took us on even though our numbers were slightly higher than they expected.

Hopefully we'll fight them again with better numbers.
She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Erywin Chelien

Re: [AAR] Wrong Hole. Innuendo, that is.

Post by Erywin Chelien »

Regarding the first fight. I logged in and a few people were bearing in Bacon as it had 36 combat sigs in it. I jumped in a Leshak and headed that way, as we were killing things Willuw reported that he was on grid with a bunch of stuff that he had been stalking for 30mins or so. Think it was a Praxis, Loki, and a few other ships. We decided to stop bearing and ship into Small Ships. Sav was putting together the fleet but we didn't have enough Logi, so I offered to FC and Sav went Deacon.

They were a few jumps down the Eggs chain so we started heading that way, with a miss call to align to Bacon... Still getting my FC feet wet. We held on the other side of the hole with Willuw and Greg being our cloaky eyes on their side. I was trying to decide on when to jump as we didn't have hard tackle other than the two Stratioses... Willuw reported that they were warping off so I gave the jump jump jump and we managed to land tackle on the Loki, I called for heat to try and get him down before his buddies came back. We got him as a Heretic landed on grid and bubbled the hole and then jumped. They started undocking Caracals so we made the decision to head back and reship.

At that point I felt it might be better for somebody with more experience to FC the LA fight so we handed things over to Tori.

Overall, was a good fight. Fast form up once we made the decision. I think I need to get more comfortable about just jumping and calling targets rather than waiting for perfect intel. Any comments or suggestions about the first fight would be highly appreciated. I think the one downside was that I should've had us jump 30s earlier and we would've had a bigger fight on our hands, possibly more fun than just ganking a Loki.

Cheers,
E