[AAR] 11/12/2019 WT Structure Bash in Solitude

Capt Steele
Title: HSC Officer, Orientation Officer, Titles Officer, Mentor, Graduate

[AAR] 11/12/2019 WT Structure Bash in Solitude

Post by Capt Steele »

Fleet Members (32)
Spoiler
alkrie Kusoni, Amiee O'Leary, ArneRik Cadelanne, Asuka Rossi, Batto Ashitaka, Bensen Harris, Capt Steele, Captain Ruyter, Cari Tulane, Christoph Patrouette, Cutecumber Roll, De W Javqe, Dynamo Crash, Ergan Eto, Hikaru Sakai, Hillybilly Hinken, Juno Caterick, Kelle Damage, Kirsid Tannaway, Nexdoom Miminger, Patchouli Scarlet, Peter Vanstead, Poul Vynneve, Shawn Olerie, Skrowls Nabali, Stealthy, Tristle Boirelle, Turlough Dominian, Varris Thellere, William Lyon Mackenzie, Zairnix Onren, Zhanshi Chen
FC: Capt Steele
2nd IC: Turlough Dominian
Logi FC: Cutecumber Roll
Scout: Tristle Boirelle
Booster: Christoph Patrouette

Writing up a quick AAR for the Shield Bash of The Syndicate.'s Astrahus. On the instruction and logistics of Turlough, 33 Unistas formed up with fairly short notice for a Thorax mainline DPS w/ Auguoror Logi doctrine fleet. I provided travel frigates for those who would need a doctrine ship upon arrival to the staging system and after a brief fleet prep intro, we were underway. We traveled from High Sec Campus and took a trip through Low/Nullsec to dock up and re-ship around Solitude Campus and we proceeded to bash the Astrahus within 30 minutes of the start of The Syndicate.'s war declaration against the University.

A fairly light defense for this engagement; one WT controlling the station deployed fighters. Thanks to our logistics ships, the fighters barely scratched the paint on our ships. Total Time Engagement of the structure took 03:26 to 03:54 EVE time to burn the shield away. As quickly as we came in, we zipped back to our Campus locations of choice.

Special shout out to Tristle Boirelle for providing scout intel for the Fleet to the destination system and back to HSC!
Super Special shout out to Turlough Dominian for coordinating the structure bash as well as providing all the doctrine ships for loan to Unistas!

Kills:
Dragonfly II +17.4 mil

Losses:
- None!

Stats:
ISK Destroyed: 17,415,444.85 ISK
ISK Lost: 0
Efficiency: 100%

Overall evaluation:

✔ (Positive stuff)
✔ For a last minute structure bash fleet, the number of people that showed up was very encouraging!
✔ So many volunteers for Logi. This is a joy to the heart to see!
✔ Fleet cohesion was tight and this felt like an experience structure bashing fleet for as many newer players that came along.

✘ (Negative stuff)
✘ My first "proper" fleet command; As FC I could have been more clear with some commands ( CCPls with these weird system names... )
✘ We all could do better with communication over comms and keeping chatter to a minimum during travel/combat.
✘ We probably could have killed several fighters deployed from the structure however I was a little too focused on structure DPS.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] 11/12/2019 WT Structure Bash in Solitude

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

Congratulations on your first command Capt Steele!
Good write up. And I like how EUNI brings war to the offender side when they want to ! Structure Assault operations are pain (logistics, engagement, and so much stuff to be planned and executed) but still valid content if planned and conducted well. Congratulations on that too. Thorax choice seemed interesting to me :) I like BLAP Vexors with BLAP Augorors but I feel like Thorax (especially the Twin Engine one) + Exequror (or Augoror for broader fleets) can match EUNI fleets a lot. I don't know which Thorax setup you used for this operation and you will probably keep it secret ( :smug: ) for a while due to opsec but I like the usage of Thorax in fleets.
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rose Alice

Post by Rose Alice »

Thoraxs (especially if rail fit) would be the better doctrine as drones do fairly poorly against manned citadels. With a point defence module which does aoe damage to 12km? Which would destroy small and medium drones.
Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Yrgrasil »

Rose Alice wrote:Thoraxs (especially if rail fit) would be the better doctrine as drones do fairly poorly against manned citadels. With a point defence module which does aoe damage to 12km? Which would destroy small and medium drones.
Point defense can't be used in Highsec, neither Bombs or any other structure aoe dps. Also this is a Astrahus, which can't fit pds anyway.