Hikaru Sakai - Burst
Julien Alaphilippe - Burst
Ky Hanomaa - Merlin
Marcel Eriker - Burst
Nienke Solette - Slasher, Griffin
Vybez Kartel - Merlin
Yto Itinen - Merlin
lobevaser - Burst
Video by Christoph Patrouette (thank you for recording)

Kills and Losses

Our scout found us a Comet at the sun and managed to get tackle. Unfortunately, the Comet did well at kiting away and by the time we landed on scout, both of them were about 60km off with our scout about to break. We lost Nienke and the Comet warped off. Fortunately, this happening 2j from staging meant quick and easy reshipping for Nienke.

(20:00:46) Ouelletta
Slasher -1.45m

//

Scouts found an Atron in a Plex. By the time we arrived, we realized it was unpiloted. I don't know if the pilot ejected before or after scouts landed. We made sure everyone was on the KM and moved on.

(20:17:30) Renarelle
Atron +0.28m

//

Scouts reported Moa in system. Then an Eagle. In the end I received intel saying they were on our ingate. At this point I should have asked whether they were at 0 or at range. I blindly assumed scout meant at 0 when they said "at gate". I told scout to get tackle and had the fleet jump in. When grid loaded, I had an Eagle, Moa and Vagabond on grid at about 60km iirc with scouts already attempting to get tackle. On the video, you can see the Moa being flashy, which is something I somehow missed and called the Eagle primary, looking to see how our DPS matches up to his tank. Seing they were Blaster fit and taking out the Merlins one by one while not making a dent in their tank ourselves, I called scatter. I got tackled 1 second later.

(20:25:48) Aldranette
Slasher -1.45m
Merlin -5.91m
Merlin -10.7m
Merlin -5.88m
Slasher -1.45m
Merlin -6m
Merlin -7.09m
Merlin -10.02m

//

I don't really remember what happened here - can't recall hearing about anyone being tackled after we jumped into Akidagi and I asked multiple times.

(20:35:50) Akidagi
Burst -4.2m

//

I had the fleet regroup on a safe, as there was no station or public structure in Akidagi. I then lead a detachment of capsules into Ichoriya, where the Logistics Department offered reships on contract. Meanwhile, lobevaser kept the fleet in Akidagi together and arranged a rolling safe. Once reshipped, we regrouped on the safe and aligned to the Plex were our weekly arranged brawl with Buntspecht & Co. would be happening.

I let them prepare, as we were outnumbering them 19 to 13. I prepared the fleet, stating that I'd like everyone to align to the beacon once we landed on the acceleration gate. I would then call for DD to slide in first, followed by Logi after a brief period, followed by our Griffin after another brief period, who would then pull range immediately and focus jams on Logi.

Upon sliding, I started calling primaries and had us focus DD, as our numbers enabled us to break through Logi reps without problems. They were prepared for our Griffin, having assigned one man to tackle it once it arrived on grid, and blapped it upon landing. We lost a few, but ultimately killed more. Fleet did good in calling "-1" in fleet chat and not cluttering up comms upon loss. Broadcasts for primary and secondary were followed. Our opponents started to opt for taking down our Logi, but it was too late. We won this time. GF everyone.

They offered us all the loot and gave everyone temporary access to one of their structures in system, so we scooped everything up in 2 runs while coordinating who wanted to keep roaming and who wanted to call it a night. The people wanting to continue would either sit tight in Akidagi or reship in Ichoriya. I offered the Buntspecht guys to join our fleet - they wanted to go on themselves though, so we set out on our own.

(20:55:49) Akidagi
Griffin -0.71m
Merlin -5.9m
Merlin +7.8m
Merlin +7.07m
Merlin +7.06m
Merlin -5.89m
Merlin -5.9m
Merlin -5.86m
Merlin +8.29m
Merlin +7.06m
Merlin -5.88m
Merlin +7.06m
Merlin -5.9m
Merlin +12.56m
Burst -3.06m
Merlin +7.06m
Burst -3.78m
Bantam +12.09m
Merlin +7.06m
Bantam +12.19m
Burst -3.69m
Merlin +6.95m

//

One of the Buntspecht guys took down one of our capsules - I linked the killmail in chat with them and they quickly apologized, stating that there were clear orders not to engage any Ivy League Characters outside of the brawl on Sunday evenings and that apparently not everyone got the memo.

(21:02:44) Akidagi
Capsule -0.01m

//

I checked EveEye to plan a route that would hopefully offer some content. Turns out that our friends had the same idea, so we kept seeing each other at gates. Eventually, scout found us some stuff in a Plex in Martoh. We warped there and had our friends landing on us seconds after. Encouraged by our numbers I ordered the fleet to slide the gate while keeping an eye on who attacked who, to make sure we weren't about to become the main target in a 3-way fight. I spotted a Worm sitting a little off and called it primary. I may have broken Uni comms rules by saying the pilots (not PG) name a few time while broadcasting him as a target, to make sure everyone knew which Worm to attack, since one of our allies (Strizz) was flying a Worm as well and might have been tackled by one or two of us I was told the day after (nothing happened, no worries). Some of our pilots also aggressed some other ships as can be seen below, increasing our efficiency by another small margin. I made sure everyone understood that the fleet will warp off once we took down the Worm. Worm went poof, fleet warped off and we called it a night after this fight.

(21:36:54) Martoh
Burst -3.97m
Atron +0.76m
Burst -3.88m
Slasher -3.15m
Merlin -5.89m
Atron +0.75m
Worm +110.24m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 214,269,281.89
ISK Lost: 117,600,594.35
ISK Delta: 96,668,687.54
Efficiency: 64.564%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)

- Seems like I get better numbers and more interesting engagements by taking out frigates in FW Low
    - Both sides greatly enjoyed the fight
    - Fleet followed well, all issues could be resolved swiftly
    - Our newbro scouts did a great job imo, hope you guys enjoyed it and scout a little more.

(Negative stuff)
    - I should have gone directly for the Moa, knowing it was easier to break, but I tunneled on the shiny :violent1:
Former Assistant FCC Manager
Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image
Dinah Arsten

Re: [AAR] 2019-11-10 // Sunday Funday NoP with Ky

Post by Dinah Arsten »

Thanks for FCing Ky. I really enjoyed the event, and learnt a lot about scouting. Will definitely do it again, and definitely up for scouting in the future.
ImageImage
Ogion Sparrowhawk

Post by Ogion Sparrowhawk »

One minor point when watching the video. When calling targets, its a good idea to keep repeating yourself. Instead of just calling "Bed in the merlin is primary", say it two or three times. If gives confidence to the fleet when the FC keeps talking, as well as clear up any unclear comms. For example, if you broke up on the first call the fleet might be confused and aggress the incorrect target. Also, I notice that the targets aren't being broadcasted. It would be a good idea to designate someone such as your 2IC to broadcast your commands. Broadcasting will result in swifter target switching and a smaller chance of DPS being spread if a fleet member misunderstood you.

It was a good idea to have the logi slide in second, but a bit faster on them sliding would have been better. Did you have them aligned down the gate already? I usually go with an internal count of one or two seconds between activating the gate and calling logi to slide. Its never good to be on field without logi, and, though minor, it may have been a few extra second than were needed.

Overall looks like a really fun fleet, good job :)
Actually Ged Sinak
Retired Personnel Officer | Retired NSC Combat Officer | Retired Teacher | Retired FCC Staff | Retired Hauling Team
Graduate | Content Creator
Ky Hanomaa

Post by Ky Hanomaa »

Ogion Sparrowhawk wrote:One minor point when watching the video. When calling targets, its a good idea to keep repeating yourself. Instead of just calling "Bed in the merlin is primary", say it two or three times. If gives confidence to the fleet when the FC keeps talking, as well as clear up any unclear comms. For example, if you broke up on the first call the fleet might be confused and aggress the incorrect target. Also, I notice that the targets aren't being broadcasted. It would be a good idea to designate someone such as your 2IC to broadcast your commands. Broadcasting will result in swifter target switching and a smaller chance of DPS being spread if a fleet member misunderstood you.

It was a good idea to have the logi slide in second, but a bit faster on them sliding would have been better. Did you have them aligned down the gate already? I usually go with an internal count of one or two seconds between activating the gate and calling logi to slide. Its never good to be on field without logi, and, though minor, it may have been a few extra second than were needed.

Overall looks like a really fun fleet, good job :)
AAR for most recent fleet is coming up (if WHC could stop finding stuff to shoot at for a moment and give me a few minutes to write something up :lol:). I tried to address these very points you mentioned after reflecting on what I could see in Christoph's Video
Former Assistant FCC Manager
Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image