Poul Vynneve - Moa, Merlin
Psykon BlazeALot - Stabber, Merlin, Cormorant
Strizz von Aviemore - Stabber, Merlin
StuMzaLu - Moa, Merlin
Vega Xucker - Stabber, Exequror
Xelanton - Celestis, Merlin
Yto Itinen - Moa, Burst
Kills and Losses

We came to do our weekly brawl in Akidagi and managed to actually kill something this time. This time, we set up first at 50km off the beacon in a FW Medium Complex. We then faced the issue that each Stabber I called primary would start burning away as soon as he realized it, so something to hold them would actually have been nice. We ended up taking down a few of them, but ultimately lost more than we killed.

(20:58:30) Akidagi
Moa -30.05m
Stabber +19.13m
Moa -28.91m
Osprey -17.88m
Stabber +27.39m
Moa -29.96m
Stabber +19.06m
Moa -32.88m
Moa -29.9m
Moa -30.58m
Moa -32.87m
Moa -29.93m
Osprey -20.29m
Osprey -19.91m
Moa -29.84m

A lot of people wanted to keep roaming, so we reshipped into Merlins in Ichoriya and I asked the guys from Buntspecht & Co. if they wanted to join us. They gladly accepted, but said they might bring some snowflakes.

When we jumped back into Akidagi from Ichoriya, there was an Enyo on grid that attacked one of the Buntspecht guys, who was suspect. I immediately called to get tackle and prepare to broadcast for reps or bounce if need be. We took down the Enyo, but lost a Griffin and a Merlin to gate guns. Thanks to the proximity to Ichoriya, reshipping wasn't a problem though.

(21:33:00) Akidagi
Griffin -0.66m
Enyo +57.13m
Merlin -5.97m

We planned on taking the route through Oicx to Eha and staged on the Nennamaila Gate in Akidagi. Scout reported a Tayra landing on the other side, so I ordered the fleet to orbit at 7500m and prepare to tackle (and again broadcast for reps or bounce). Easy pickup, and 100% Lootdrop gifted us with 10x Dragonfly IIs.

(21:36:30) Akidagi
Tayra +93.17m

We remained on the gate, guarding the wreck of the Tayra for our friends who were extracting the loot with a DST.

We then received intel from our forward scouts that a fleet showed up on D-Scan on the other side - Cruisers and a few Battlecruisers. Some of them were suspects. I decided to take the fight. When they jumped, we started engaging their Logi. In the meantime, the people extracting the loot hopped into a Maelstrom and a Praxis and arrived on grid. I got taken down eventually and had Jack Firm take over and continue the fight. Me and others that lost their ships made our way back to Ichoriya and hopped into the remaining Moas and Ospreys on contract and came back to Akidagi, but the fight was basically over by then and the enemies scattered.

(21:41:52) Akidagi
Merlin -5.7m
Griffin -0.65m
Merlin -20.43m
Osprey +35.48m
Osprey +35.48m
Burst -3.88m
Burst -3.88m
Osprey +44.03m
Merlin -5.87m
Merlin -5.59m
Merlin -8.46m
Moa +42.47m
Rupture +50.14m
Osprey +38.06m

While regrouping, 2 people called out they were tackled. Turns out they got engaged by another fleet after scattering. They didn't kill them right away, hoping we would come rescue them so they could wipe our fleet off grid. We decided to sit this one out at a Structure in system. Eventually, they got bored and killed our 2 guys and moved on.

(21:54:31) Akidagi
Moa -29.97m
Moa -35.07m

After roaming around for a bit, I received word from our scouts that a Rattlesnake was landing on the Eha Gate in Oicx. We immediately prepared to tackle the Rattle. It jumped and we engaged it. The Shields went down rather quick and when it hit mid-armor, it started repping armor. I realized it was bait-tanking, but hoped we could still break it. When scout reported a spike in Oicx as well as fleet on D-Scan, I warped us off. During the fight, there was a Garmur zooming around that we tried to tackle before without success and later on ended up picking off our Griffin.

(22:24:12) Eha
Griffin -0.66m
Merlin -5.93m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 461,529,401.55
ISK Lost: 465,736,977.76
ISK Delta: -4,207,576.21
Efficiency: (Can't figure out the proper formula! Grrr...)

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    - The fleets followed commands well, the first gate-engagement taught the newbros not to underestimate gate-guns.
    - Communication with our German friends worked out perfectly.

(Negative stuff)
    - Will have to go back to brawly for the next few arranged fights, we simply lacked the overall DPS again as well as tackle on top of that.
Former Assistant FCC Manager
Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image
Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] 2019-11-03 // Sunday Funday with Ky

Post by Yrgrasil »

Ky Hanomaa wrote: Stats
ISK Destroyed: 461,529,401.55
ISK Lost: 465,736,977.76
ISK Delta: -4,207,576.21
Efficiency: (Can't figure out the proper formula! Grrr...)
(ISK Destroyed * 100 ) / (ISK Destroyed + ISK Lost)

so

(461,529,401.55 * 100) / (461,529,401.55 + 465,736,977.76) = 49.77311933744805
Marcus Arilia

Re: [AAR] 2019-11-03 // Sunday Funday with Ky

Post by Marcus Arilia »

Some quick things. I think you probably realized it with the Stabber notes plus your negative at the end, but nano doctrines can be very difficult for Uni FCs. This is unfortunately due to math. Uni doctrines are naturally tailored to lower SP characters, as they should be. The challenge though is around that same SP. While skills related to hulls and weapons affecting optimal, falloff, and tracking are not as important orbiting around 500 with webs, they’re the entire thing that makes nano viable. That’s compounded with the fact that skills in regards to those pieces compound since they’re all increases (1*1.1*1.1=1.21) compared to the skills reducing something (like capacitor need) (1*.9*.9=.81). Unfortunately that makes brawly fleets significantly more friendly to the FC from the math perspective. Coupled with the fact that manual piloting becomes crucial in a nano v nano fight (and we could all use more manual practice), it becomes an increasingly harder style to take out: my advice would be in newbro nano fleets to try to focus on engagement profile and grabbing some of the brawly stuff with an inty to snipe at range.

Not to say don’t take the fight, cause you know me, I usually just take it anyway.
Graduate xxxxxx Former FCC Staff xxxxxx Content Creator
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage