Jexexex - Hyena
Ky Hanomaa - Malediction
Marcel Eriker - Brutix
Revin Plaude - Brutix
Tatami - Augoror
Yrgrasil - Brutix
Yto Itinen - Brutix
Kills and Losses

Formup was okay, had some guy/girl behind and a bit waiting in the start. While moving to the thera hole some Scifi didn't was sitting 10-15km off the gate and we took it.

(19:54:00) Loes
Scythe Fleet Issue +132.56m

Sadly our hole was already down, even if i checked it ~45min before, so someone sadly rolled it. Backup hole was then vale of silent. But sadly the locals were not enough to fight us. So after a long while we headed to R10- with the plan to die there.

In the system before we had some archon, some dreads and small stuff. Warped at range to the gate and we shot sirens and some frigs until they left.

(21:18:07) Q-GICU
Siren I +5.01m
Ishkur +41.06m
Dramiel +125.78m
Kikimora +252.56m
Siren I +5.01m

Fleet was already late, so we went in. Got some small stuff, talos and sabre i think. At some point all their small stuff was gone, and they warped a nyx in us. Since my ping wasn't ready yet and i really hate to stay close to supers, i more or less panic warped the fleet at range to an structure were we died in glory to the horde blob.

(21:25:22) Q-GICU, R1O-GN
Crucifier +0.46m
Imicus +3.22m
Talos +115.25m
Capsule +0.01m
Sabre +84.72m
Brutix -57.73m
Capsule +0.01m
Stiletto +30.97m
Griffin +11.87m
Capsule -0.01m
Osprey +17.35m
Brutix -67.28m
Hecate +63.36m
Hyena -42.35m
Keres -51.01m
Augoror -26.75m
Augoror -17.21m
Enyo +69.53m
Brutix -79.09m
Augoror -16.51m
Brutix -56.19m
Brutix -62.21m
Brutix -65.62m
Brutix -60.36m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

Stats

ISK Destroyed: 958,732,589.45
ISK Lost: 602,412,111.7
ISK Delta: 356,320,477.75
Efficiency: 61.412%

Full BR of both systems: https://br.inyour.space/?s=2844,2874&b= ... &e=90&t=bf Yes, Horde moved a damn Rag into us...

Missing on the efficency/loss side is here erwin https://zkillboard.com/kill/79609730/ which was with us, but i'm to lazy to calculate it. Still ISK positive tho.

---

-- Fleet was a bit longer then announced
-- Should have first warped off grid as the nyx came in, and resetup with the scout somewhere else again
-- at least all except the scout died, so nobody had to travel back (last time all survived except the scout :D)
-- numbers were okayish, but that was somehow expected with battlecruisers i think
Christoph Patrouette
Title: HSC Logistics Officer, Personnel Officer, Breaks Things, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] 2019-10-29 @19:00 Rail Brutix

Post by Christoph Patrouette »

Devola Gestalt

Post by Devola Gestalt »

o/ thanks again for the fleet.

This was a good experience as logi FC for me. Contrary to usual where it's either a little fight with not much to rep, or we get overblobed and all friendlies get alpha'ed in a few seconds, we had relatively long fights with consequent but manageable incoming damage. And in this case, I discovered that logi FC'ing is not as much a walk in the park as I thought. So I'm doing my own little AAR about that, for myself and anyone else interested.

First is about positioning: usually I try to choose my placement as follow: slightly below optimal rep range of friendlies, as far as possible from baddies, keep angular against the big baddies. Several mistakes:
  • When not much is happening this is relatively easy. When you have to manage repper cycles+overheat, script switching against ewar, DD anchors switch directions multiple times, and some friendlies unexpectedly getting spread on grid, it's really easy to screw up and end out of rep range (and just as you realise it, Murphy's law kicks in and get the anchor scrammed, so no MWD for correcting).
  • I aimed to be at 40-50km from the main DD blob, but should have aimed 20-30km. Mainly to stay in boost range, but also because it leaves more time to correct positioning mistakes if DDs are getting farther away.
TL;DR: In case of doubt or high APM session, you're better staying close to the DD blob than trying (and screwing) l33t positioning.

Second is about leading the logi wing. In a half dozen logi FC experience, it's my first time where I found a dedicated Mumble logi subchannel could have been really useful. Someone asked at the beginning of the fleet if we should go there, I answered it was not needed, I regret my decision. Because I should at least call prop mode on/off when I reposition. They had enough things requiring their attention, no need to add the distance to logi leader to their list.

Other things to say that aren't strictly necessary for experienced logi pilots, but wouldn't hurt in the Uni:
  • Call to switch to ECCM scripts when ECM is spotted on grid.
  • Tell people to overheat reppers when warping to a scout. The 1sec module time gained can make the difference to land armor reps in time.
Third is deciding when it's worth interrupting the FC/scouts to tell them stuff, and which stuff deserves interrupting them. Things I have in mind:
  • Asking if we can take some time at a ping to rep heat damage & use hull drones. I jumped the gate & started the 2nd fight with 70% damaged high slots, it shouldn't have happened.
  • Not being able to answer if Ares was dead or not. I had so many thing to do that I couldn't tell if he blew up or warped away
  • People getting out of rep range ? (either because these people are not well placed, or the logi is not well placed)
  • Ky where are you ? Often showing in low armor on the watch list & moving all around the place, but getting a lock & rep on him is a hard achievement :-)
  • In general, having a fast chat with FC to know where he wants everyone on grid. Much simpler than having to react to all direction & prop mod changes.
Thanks for reading.
# Cat FC, best FC.
Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Yrgrasil »

i love your logi fc aars :D
Devola Gestalt wrote:Second is about leading the logi wing. In a half dozen logi FC experience, it's my first time where I found a dedicated Mumble logi subchannel could have been really useful. Someone asked at the beginning of the fleet if we should go there, I answered it was not needed, I regret my decision. Because I should at least call prop mode on/off when I reposition. They had enough things requiring their attention, no need to add the distance to logi leader to their list.
I know people say i'm doing things a bit different, but this subchannel thing is in a fleet of our size imho not really necessary. Well, actually you need priority speaker too (someone remind me next time).

But the idea of having you guys also in the same channel is that you just talk over me for your logi guys if necessary. Calling for prop is nothing i really care about, but if you tell your guys to switch to eccm i know there is some ecm ships on grid i probably have to priotize, if you call for heats i know the sh*t hits the fan and we are probably breaking. Also i actually wish that my logi tells me if we loose ships :cry:

To be fair i assume this would somehow confuse linemembers if two people talk every now and then, so maybe a mix of subchannel whisper + fc is something we can consider next time if you think that would work better?
Devola Gestalt wrote: Third is deciding when it's worth interrupting the FC/scouts to tell them stuff, and which stuff deserves interrupting them. Things I have in mind:
  • Asking if we can take some time at a ping to rep heat damage & use hull drones. I jumped the gate & started the 2nd fight with 70% damaged high slots, it shouldn't have happened.
  • Not being able to answer if Ares was dead or not. I had so many thing to do that I couldn't tell if he blew up or warped away
  • People getting out of rep range ? (either because these people are not well placed, or the logi is not well placed)
  • Ky where are you ? Often showing in low armor on the watch list & moving all around the place, but getting a lock & rep on him is a hard achievement :-)
  • In general, having a fast chat with FC to know where he wants everyone on grid. Much simpler than having to react to all direction & prop mod changes.
Thanks for reading.
# Cat FC, best FC.
As i stated, thinks are sometimes different in my fleets... but logi fc has or should have always the right to interrupt me. Most of the time i will just continue talking, but normally i'll hear you and try to answer if needed. So if you tell me we need to rep heat, i'll try to make it possible if i see a chance.

Positioning is a thing we have to talk every now and then during the fleet, i actually try to give you every know and then an direction if i prepare a warpout or sometimes if i know where we heading to etc, but in the end i tunnelvisioned and had an kinda unreliable movement since i just went for max kills before we all died.
As logi fc if the situation is unclear keep your guys all the time mwd on, augs and ospreys at least are stable with it anyway.

Ignore Ky, after we take over the tackle he will or should tell you when he needs reps again midfight. Its still a good habit to try every now and then to lock him up.

Of course take all of this with a grain of salt, other fcs want to handle this completly different and get mad if you do what i expect from you :twisted:
Ky Hanomaa

Post by Ky Hanomaa »

Devola Gestalt wrote:
For one, the watchlist seemed to be a little weird that night, since ppl kept saying they saw me in low armor while I was fully repped up and at 75% shieds. On the other hand, I'm self-repped and will ping of in case things get hairy for me (can be seen early in the video when the Kiki showed up). You should always prioritize our Snowflakes and other Logi over me for reps. I'm just there for initial tackle and pings. And if I somehow die, then I screwed up myself.

:)
Former Assistant FCC Manager
Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image
Avrin Dennard
Title: Freshman

Post by Avrin Dennard »

Had a great time and encourage anyone to fly with Yrgrasil and Ky if you get the chance. Especially as he "does things a little different to other Uni FC's". :)

(Just in case it's not clear, he's different in a good/positive way!)
ImageImage
Yto Itinen

Post by Yto Itinen »

Another good Nullsec raid, another very good experience!
This time the fight was more risky for us and still the fleet handled itself well, so thanks FC!

The Logi held up fairly well during all engagement, with the health bars in the WL not working correctly.
Broadcasts were good and were answered in time!

Formup was a bit slow, but with the doctrine it was kinda expected. Fleet movement started slow but steadily got better.

Hoping to fly with you guys again soon, the video Christoph posted is very interesting!

Yto Itinen
ImageImage
ImageImage