[AAR] [WHC] Runfessors

Willuw Everquest

[AAR] [WHC] Runfessors

Post by Willuw Everquest »

Came across a C13 Small Shattered Wormhole in our Chain. Zokr spied 2xConfessors on DSCAN, we quickly realized that they saw him on DSCAN as they changed their ship names to "I just saw an Astero." Clever - but that will never stop WHC from going after a target or two - so we quickly formed small ships and moved to .2b2 (the other side of the wormhole that the confessors were in,) and waited for ZOKR to get a warp in with his Astero. He quickly got us a warp in and just as I was about to call for the Jag to jump and get a tackle - Zokr informed us that the site was done and that the single Confessor warped away to the next site.

Lesson: Always, always ascertain the state of the current Site (I.E. 1st wave/last wave/last Rat?). We almost blew our cover at this stage.

Our Scout quickly got another warp in to the second site; and I called for the Jag to jump in and get tackle. Unfortunately, as our Jag was in warp Zokr was decloaked and the Confessor warped off ...never to be seen again.

Maybe a Lesson (pls discuss below)?: Use the Astero to get tackle instead of the Jag … Astero Sensor Recal Delay vs Warp for tackle? The Confessors were beam fit.

We went after the MTUs, and ended up Isk positive.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/79527110/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/79527086/

Roam members (7)
Spoiler
Cedric Redfist Enyo
DonBasuno Ichosira Enyo
Kashug Sotken Jaaaaag
Macilles Deacon
Williath Douglas Inquisidor
Willuw Everquest Enyo
Zokr McLan Astero
Kills and Losses

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 80000000
ISK Lost: 0
ISK Delta: 80000000
Efficiency: 100%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    - We destroyed stuff
    - We went on a fleet instead of spinning ships in station
    - We learned stuff
    - We were Isk positive

(Negative stuff)
    - We didn't catch the Confessors
"I see a massive blob of Blinky-tiny spheres floating around in space on my screen...with 27 windows open everywhere ...and I am trying to feverishly activate the right modules on the right targets that are being called with shaky hands… if I can do that that's 90 % success to me..." Willuw - 3 Aug 2019
Gergoran Moussou

Re: [AAR] [WHC] Runfessors

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

Willuw Everquest wrote:Use the Astero to get tackle instead of the Jag … Astero Sensor Recal Delay vs Warp for tackle? The Confessors were beam fit.
Astero would still have the three-second delay at Cloaking IV, 2.5 at Cloaking V (but it's a long train and not really worth it for just an extra half of a second, so I'd be surprised if many people had it). Personally, I'd go with the Jaguar. It's also worth considering a stealth bomber for the ability to instantly target after decloaking. In these circumstances, however, the human factor is probably the most important consideration. Tactical destroyers have an excellent align time (this being why the Jackdaw is the preferred ship for blitzing FW missions, for example), regardless of how they are fit, so you're not going to have much time to tackle them before they warp off. Most people aren't paying perfect attention, nor do they have perfect reaction time. You'd be getting kills on the Confessors when you do things before the human notices and before the human reacts to noticing, if your side's humans are able to notice and react to things faster than them.

If the person sitting in the chair is watching D-Scan and pressing buttons at the most opportune time, the Confessors are going to get away regardless of what you bring unless it's a stealth bomber tackle (and the bomber is probably going to die immediately). I just checked a doctrine Confessor fit (specifically the one from the solo fight that I had with a Stratios which I mentioned to you because you're the Stratios person) in PYFA to see the align time and in propulsion mode, I have a 4.54s align time and I've seen some fits which get it significantly faster (not quite to the extent of the 1s travel Hecate, though). Consider that instawarp is 2s align time or less. Anything which can get into warp within two seconds of the targeting delay elapsing, so either 4.5s or more likely 5s, can get away before the Astero tackles it if both players are doing everything perfectly. A Confessor can easily avoid a tackle attempt from an Astero for that reason unless you catch it in the middle of the cooldown between changing modes so it's stuck at the 6.81s align time that I have for other modes.

Because of that, I would prefer to have a Jaguar warp to a cloaked Astero, rather than the Astero decloaking to tackle if the hole is far enough from the Confessors that it wouldn't show up on D-Scan until it was warping in. And it can start targeting immediately after it arrives on-grid rather than waiting three seconds.

And I'm not quite sure what you thought was noteworthy about the Confessors being fit with beam lasers. Beam fits are vastly more common than pulse fits for Confessors. I have a pulse Confessor among my many Confessors around various places in New Eden (my Confessor stockpile doesn't quite reach what your Stratios stockpile looks like) and I think Spectre's Friday Yarrr fleets are pulse Confessors (and similar ships like blaster Hecate), but it's a weird fit and I don't really understand what the purpose of it is (it was a doctrine fit for a fleet that I went on).
9th CCI medalist

Eir Geiravor

Re: [AAR] [WHC] Runfessors

Post by Eir Geiravor »

Beam fit, asteroid may be able to get under their guns, since beams track slower than pulse