[AAR] 2019-10-20 // Sunday Funday with Ky

Ky Hanomaa

[AAR] 2019-10-20 // Sunday Funday with Ky

Post by Ky Hanomaa »

AAR Tool is broken once again, so I'll have to improvise...

Whelp 1: https://zkillboard.com/related/30003787/201910201800/

Kinda hard to figure out who's Logi...and who's EWAR...and basically all of them have DD Drones.
(Technically, this was only half a whelp, called scatter when I realized that their choice of doctrine wasn't that bad with their numbers)

Whelp 2: https://zkillboard.com/related/30045342/201910201900/

I called to burn for their Logi and midway called a Stabber Primary - part of the fleet (including me) continued to burn towards their Logi at the back and thus getting our DPS split. We lost critical mass before I realized my mistake and couldn't break through their Logi after the first 2 Thoraxes went down. Logi had trouble keeping up with the Thoraxes, since Logi has AB only. On top of that, Damps and ECM kept them from repping at times.

Reflection:

- Need to cover the doctrine and the theory behind it during form-up.
- I was holding back in terms of EWAR during my fleets, since I was told that bringing ECM all the time (like I used to) will get you a bad reputation. Seeing that our opponents have a tendency of fielding Griffins and Kitsunes and after talking to them about it, I will start fielding more EWAR as well.
- I'll also try to get a Boosher if I can, since burning those distances will get Logi out of range.
Former Assistant FCC Manager
Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image
Nienke Solette

Re: [AAR] 2019-10-20 // Sunday Funday with Ky

Post by Nienke Solette »

Thanks for the fleet Ky, was great content despite whelping 1.5 times. In the second fight, I was trying to tackle one of their frigs (I think an EWAR Griffin), who went for our logis. Somehow, I wasn't fast enough with my tormentor, maybe a Merlin would have been better. Nevertheless, the Griffin was too occupied with me, so I think he was not the cause of our logis being ECMd/dampened.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post by Ky Hanomaa »

Nienke Solette wrote:In the second fight, I was trying to tackle one of their frigs (I think an EWAR Griffin), who went for our logis. Somehow, I wasn't fast enough with my tormentor, maybe a Merlin would have been better. Nevertheless, the Griffin was too occupied with me, so I think he was not the cause of our logis being ECMd/dampened.
Griffins can Jam out to over 100km, so he just had to kite you a little while keeping his jams up.

Btw GJ for identifying the Griffin as an issue and acting on it before I even called for it, even if your ship was too slow to actually catch him.
Former Assistant FCC Manager
Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image
Jexexex

Post by Jexexex »

Logi here,
I think we would've been out of range even without beeing ECM'd/Dampened because I wasn't able to lock anyone even before I got EWAR'd.
And tbh I didn't pay much attention to our distance or position at all since I was anchored to Logi FC the whole time and beeing busy CTRL + leftclicking every broadcast in hope to get anyone locked.
And since this was my first time flying Logi I was pretty much overwhelmed anyway...
Thus unfortunately I can't tell if it was our Anchor's fault, due to the AB Fit or due to their EWAR.