Devola Gestalt - Astero
Douglas Munro - Garmur
Feras Dawod - Merlin
Ievos - Merlin
Shieva Ann - Merlin
Squin Ti - Merlin
Yrgrasil - Stiletto
Scouting

For me this day started like any other in HSC. Blowing up rats for the skilling spree, then scanning around HSC, both to find some interesting hole with many relic sites to krab upon, and scouting for potential WTs on the way.

Well first WH was right at home in Amygnon. I decided to picket it for a couple of mins because there were people of WH corps in local. A couple minuts later, a shuttle from "Zero to High" corp warps to the hole and jumps. In the next 10-15 mins, there are 2 or 3 other people from the same corp jumping.

Looking at this corp's killboard, I thought it was a big nope for a relic krab like me. But I was in a WHC scouting Astero recently bought to intercept WTs, so I thought maybe there could be some PVP opportunity for HSC to catch here.

So I jumped and started scouting, remembering my good old days at WHC. I soon found a single recently popped athanor, with 2 retrievers & 1 procurer krabing happily. There were also a couple in the Athanor, undocking/doing stuff/redocking with more nasty things like Tempest.

At this point I pinged into HSC comms to see if there were volunteers for a little daytrip gank in J-space :)

Form-up & fight:

We got some people interested on Mumble. After pinging Yrgrasil, he voluntered to FC the operation. By this time, only 2 retrievers were left on grid.

BLAP Merlins were called, the plan was for me to give a warpin for an interceptor. While in warp, I would decloak and tackle one them, the interceptor would get the other one on landing. I was half panicking in front of my keyboard, but somehow I was able to provide a good warpin (1st time giving a warpin), get point+web on one retriever, and scram on the other.

Interceptor soon landed on grid for more tackle. The Merlin blob followed and everything was in place to cut the retrievers in thin slices in a fast and orderly manner.

By this time, the folks POS spinning in the Athanor woke up. The structure was manned, and a Tempest & Gila undocked and warped in. We started bleeding and FC ordered to scatter. They camped our exit wormhole, but without bubble everyone was able to extract.

(20:22:38) J100246
Retriever +26.57m
Retriever +29.68m
Merlin -5.81m
Merlin -12.33m

Stats

ISK Destroyed: 56,248,142.87
ISK Lost: 18,136,615.03
ISK Delta: 38,111,527.84
Efficiency: 75.618%

Overall evaluation
  • My 1st time doing a full WH scouting for PVP ops, from scanning the entry to getting a warpin & 1st tackling
    Good turnout, adequate for the event. Nice to see some bloodthirsty HSC dweller :)
    Formup was fast & clean.
    Strategy was executed well.
    Content (& hopefully fun) was had, and we even came out ISK positive !
    I didn't check the WH type, I hope the FC did (running shield frigates in Wolf Rayet could have been ugly).
    If they had targeted the snowflakes (faction/T2 frigs), we would have not been ISK positive. We were lucky they primaried as they did.
Last edited by Devola Gestalt on 2019.10.14 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] HSC daytrippers VS mining fleet

Post by Yrgrasil »

just to get some notes to some points:
Devola Gestalt wrote:
  • Strategy was executed well.
Well, i should have called scatter as the second retreiver died, we would have lost either nothing or one merlin i think. But sometimes its worth trying it just for the giggles. Should have checked the guns on the Tempest actually, but he was kinda slow and warped in at range which made me think he is not sure what is going on.
Devola Gestalt wrote:
  • I didn't check the WH type, I hope the FC did (running shield frigates in Wolf Rayet could have been ugly).
    If they had targeted the snowflakes (faction/T2 frigs), we would have not been ISK positive. We were lucky they primaried as they did.
[/list]
Yes i checked the wh type, and at least for my role i can say i had always watched my range to the enemy to not get scrammed. I guess/hope the garmur did the same. So there was not really a danger for those imho.
Yto Itinen

Re: [AAR] HSC daytrippers VS mining fleet

Post by Yto Itinen »

Very nice to see HSC still has a thirst for wormholers blood!

On a serious note, the only risky losses were the astero and garmur, and the second one can kite quite easily.

Fly fun!
Yto itinen
ImageImage
ImageImage