Hungry Hippos bite more than they can chew.

Cutecumber Roll

Hungry Hippos bite more than they can chew.

Post by Cutecumber Roll »

Roam members (22)
Spoiler
Avrin Dennard - Augoror
B'aldrick Aivoras
Cutecumber Roll
Dinah Arsten - Slasher
Dynamo Crash
Erywin Chelien - Thorax
Esca Sinak - Thorax
Hari Nabali
Iam Nota Bot - Thorax
Kordun Naskingar - Thorax
Ky Hanomaa - Malediction
Loron Garns - Augoror
Marcel Eriker - Thorax
Oh Spaceghost - Thorax
Patchouli Scarlet - Thorax
Rogue Ozran - Augoror
Scorch Hexter
Vishnael Skyhunter
Xanne Ashlander
Yrgrasil - Augoror
Yto Itinen
Zmeja - Slasher
Kills and Losses

(19:47:17) Abune
Malediction -44.73m

(19:52:33) Oinasiken
Slasher -1.67m
Capsule -0.04m

(20:03:51) Tama
Slasher -1.46m

(20:18:03) Tama
Thorax -21.73m
Thorax -19.53m
Augoror -24.84m
Thorax -19.09m
Augoror -26.54m
Thorax -21.09m
Augoror -20.68m
Augoror -24.59m
Thorax -22.81m
Thorax -31.62m

(20:28:46) Tannolen
Capsule -0.01m

(20:34:02) Tama
Thorax -25.99m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 0
ISK Lost: 306,422,092.92
ISK Delta: -306,422,092.92
Efficiency: 0%

So we lost a few scouts to gate guns and snipers and such on the way to Tama. No biggie really. unfortunate that we didn't land secondary tackle befor Ky got popped by gate guns but we are not really looking for those sort of fights anyway so we move on. Scouts reported a small battleship gank with some Leshaks in Tama but they docked up right after we showed up. We hung out on the Space Detroit near the Nourv gate while the scouts looked around the system and found nothing...

Going for the Phoenix that landed by the Nourv gate was almost certainly a terrible call in hindsight. Frankly I knew it was a bad call at the time I just was starting to feel like everyone in system had docked up. We had him in half shields and 30% cap at the end of that fight and we lost 2/3 of our fleet. Probably would have been a lot closer had a macharial fleet not landed on us as soon as we were commited to the fight but still unlikely we could break him. The no prop logi were pretty far from us so they hadn't been taking aggro from the dread but the macharials were within range of the logi so as soon as they arrived all 4 logi died within about 30 seconds.

Without the logi our remaining ships were essentially useless since they relied on permacap from the Augs... so we hung out on tether for a bit until it was time to jump the Nourv gate back into high-sec and take the high sec route home.

The most frustrating thing about this whelp for me is that I only took the Dread fight because it felt like Tama was pretty dead at that point with nothing interesting going on... always take the bait and so on... but as soon as we committed the whole system got really interesting again and we had a half dozen potential good fights we weren't able to take because we were already dead. I think it underscores the need for a bit of patience and telling the fleet "we're going to sit here for a few more minutes while the scouts are still looking for some fights" is not a bad thing.

QOTD:
"Everyone on the Phoenix"
"Wait, What?!?"

Positives:
Quite a few of my fleet members expressed that they were happy we took the fight just because they never shot a Dreadnaught before.
Despite the blingy cap transfers this is actually a quite cheap cruiser fleet to be whelping.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage